What's new

Police spinoff, unconventional idea

You can't be serious. Right????

My next door neighbor had his car trailer stolen 3 weeks ago. Neighbor used it all afternoon, dropped it off on his parking spot and 45min later some asshole comes along and decides he wants it more than the neighbor. The entire thing was caught on security camera. From the time the scumbag followed sombody through the gate to him leaving with the trailer is ALL on tape. They got his plate number, face and the entire act on film.

Neighbor calls the police to report it stolen and tells them it's all on tape. THE FUCKING POLICE DIDN'T SHOW UP FOR 2 WEEKS to take the report or look at the video. There claim was "short staffed due to the Corona pandemic" and this was as early as they could get someone here. :mad3:

Well guess what..... Scumbag had already ditched the trailer and my neighbor had to buy a new one before the cops ever showed up. I'm sure if those cock suckers had shown up that day, watched the video and went and paid the scumbag a visit, my neighbor would have possibly gotten his trailer back. NOPE, they couldn't be bothered..... :shaking:

As far as I'm concerned they are NOT here to help. They are revenue generators hired by towns/citys to do just that. Ain't no profits in finding a stolen trailer so they took their sweet time getting here. Fuck the police!

But god forbid you go 28mph in a 25mph zone. :flipoff:

Obviously, that is an irritating situation. But sometimes they do their job. Is it any differnt than garbage men not picking up your garbage or your waitress forgetting to fill your soda? Some people suck.

As far as the 28 in a 25, I agree. But if I were left to my own on speeding, I would probably be 10 over the limit most times in my truck. I would be 25 over the limit in my wife's Vette. I basically drive the fastest safe speed for the road/vehical. But we all know people that don't have that logic. Do you really want to leave that up to everyone?

Not sure how true it is/was but when I was in Costa Rica it was explained to me that the only thing the police is really there for is Murder, rape/stagatory rape, and littering. Seemed to make sence

And did you notice all the homes and businesses had bars over their windows? That jumped out at me. Not so much in downtown San Jose, but anywhere outside of SJ, lots of bared windows.

1 and 2 make sense. I'm not sure about 3. We re not having a big problem with military equipment being used to violate rights. I've not seen bazukas or even machine guns used by cops. If you are talking about black guns, anybody can get them.

On 4, I'm not sure how that is worded. Does it require the bad guy to fire a shot before returning fire? Not sure how I feel about that.

What are you getting at in #5?

I think that a body camera requirement can solve a lot of these kinds of problems. I think cop cars could have an array of cameras also. Maybe every cop gun could have a camera on the barrel.

wasn't my list.

these are my thoughts;

3: the use of SWAT needs to regulated. open reporting on deployments. reasons for deployments tightly controlled and for a specific reason. Taking a low level warrant and using it to practice swat deployments shouldn't be ok. The use of flashbangs shouldn't be allowed either.

4: Beats me what they are saying. take a read here: https://www.nj.com/camden/2019/08/ca...nal-model.html

5: I think they're talking about body cam footage? I don't really know. it was shocking when officers all magically didn't have their body cams on for that no knock raid that killed the sleeping EMT.

seeing this list:

1. ⁠⁠Establish an independent inspector body that investigates misconduct or criminal allegations and controls evidence like body camera video. This civilian body will be at the state level, have the ability to investigate and arrest other law enforcement officers (LEOs), and investigate law enforcement agencies.
  2. ⁠⁠Create a requirement for states to establish board certification with minimum education and training requirements to provide licensing for police. In order to be a LEO, you must possess that license. The inspector body in #1 can revoke the license.
  3. ⁠⁠Refocus police resources on training & de-escalation instead of purchasing military equipment and require encourage LEOs to be from the community they police.
  4. ⁠⁠Adopt the “absolute necessity” doctrine for lethal force as implemented in other states. Use of force is automatically investigated by #1.
  5. ⁠⁠Codify into law the requirement for police to have positive control over the evidence chain of custody. If the chain of custody is lost for evidence, the investigative body in #1 can hold the LEO/LE liable.

So, you all must love California because most of this is policy there. Having this discussion is great but it's obvious most of you are ignorant of current policies and training. I totally agree with those who want cops to hold themselves and their partners accountable. Fire and try cops who abuse the power and trust given to them. Where I work there is so much oversight it's ridiculous but bad cops have eroded trust and brought on the outside oversight. I know I can't convince most of you that have had a bad interaction but most cops are interested in doing good for their communities.
Some departments have over 40 hours annually of training just in dealing with mental health issue regarding interactions with the public. All agencies should be required to get certifications from accrediting bodies to prove training and adherence to policies protecting the public from abuse.

Perhaps we need to spend more training on non-police people so they don’t get into situations that need police. :confused:

police should be asses as a disincentive to interact with them.

Death durning police interaction is so rare it’s not worth trying to “fix”.

So, you all must love California because most of this is policy there. Having this discussion is great but it's obvious most of you are ignorant of current policies and training. I totally agree with those who want cops to hold themselves and their partners accountable. Fire and try cops who abuse the power and trust given to them. Where I work there is so much oversight it's ridiculous but bad cops have eroded trust and brought on the outside oversight. I know I can't convince most of you that have had a bad interaction but most cops are interested in doing good for their communities.
Some departments have over 40 hours annually of training just in dealing with mental health issue regarding interactions with the public. All agencies should be required to get certifications from accrediting bodies to prove training and adherence to policies protecting the public from abuse.

I agree totally that most cops want to do the right thing and quietly do it day in, day out.

its the thin blue line, no rat, union issues for the topic of discussion here.

are you a cop? would love insight.

Perhaps we need to spend more training on non-police people so they don’t get into situations that need police. :confused:

police should be asses as a disincentive to interact with them.

Death durning police interaction is so rare it’s not worth trying to “fix”.

whoa you mean like social services? boot straps my dear. they should just educate themselves and solve that problem.

oh wait.

Spin-off on the libtard push to defund/abolish police: Remove the revenue generating aspect from law enforcement.

Keep the laws but remove the monetary fines attached to driving laws. Most states already operate on a drivers license points penalty system. That's enough, you fawk up you get the points and whatever penalty that comes with your 'score'. Watch what that does to enforcement and how people perceive police officers. Police work becomes more about putting resources on real crime and less about some bullshit money generation code enforcement scheme.

And for the record, no, I don't have a checkered driving record full of expensive fines.

I don't think this is a bad cop issue as much as it's a "too many laws, because society has decayed and people are begging for safety from the world" issue.

Not a street cop, I am in law enforcement community

Ok. That doesnt really clarify anything. You could be a dispatcher, a corrections officer or other. Do you have arrest authority? Do you carry a gun?

Ok. That doesnt really clarify anything. You could be a dispatcher, a corrections officer or other. Do you have arrest authority? Do you carry a gun?

Sorry, I'm not comfortable sharing more about my job on social media at this time, after I retire I may. I wish I could say more, I have some insider knowledge but my opinions are just that, opinions. Not any more valid than the next. All US citizens are affected by authoritarians abusing their position and are therefore entitled to comment on this. I just wish more who say what should be done would educate themselves about what already is in effect. Many of the "reforms" demanded are already policy. Good policy doesn't help if thwarted by corruption or incompetence at the leadership level.

5: I think they're talking about body cam footage? I don't really know. it was shocking when officers all magically didn't have their body cams on for that no knock raid that killed the sleeping EMT.

This is something that I would consider serious. I feel the body cams should not be under the control of the cops. They could pick up a cam that locks on to their uniform and a little green light turns on indicating it's working. If that light goes out, they go back to the station and get another. They can't turn it on or off. It would be a crime to be on duty without it. I think dash cams should also be locked from the officer using the car.

I also believe that it should be illegal for a cop to tell a civilian to turn off their camera/phone. Maybe an exception for national security, but how often does that come into play? There is nothing top secret during an arrest in 99% of the cases.

I have to agree with some others, if cops were not fining people for traffic and there weren't drug arrests, cops would be much more respected and liked.

edit, I almost forgot, no knock warrants should only be for the most violent offenders.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm not comfortable sharing more about my job on social media at this time, after I retire I may. I wish I could say more, I have some insider knowledge but my opinions are just that, opinions. Not any more valid than the next. All US citizens are affected by authoritarians abusing their position and are therefore entitled to comment on this. I just wish more who say what should be done would educate themselves about what already is in effect. Many of the "reforms" demanded are already policy. Good policy doesn't help if thwarted by corruption or incompetence at the leadership level.

Got it. No arrest authority, which is fine and doesnt preclude your opinion. That was exactly what I thought when I read "Im in the LE community". No one with thats actually a LEO will ever make that statement. Then the excuse used allows you to hint at it while keeping you from making a statement you know you shouldnt make.

This is something that I would consider serious. I feel the body cams should not be under the control of the cops. They could pick up a cam that locks on to their uniform and a little green light turns on indicating it's working. If that light goes out, they go back to the station and get another. They can't turn it on or off. It would be a crime to be on duty without it. I think dash cams should also be locked from the officer using the car.

I also believe that it should be illegal for a cop to tell a civilian to turn off their camera/phone. Maybe an exception for national security, but how often does that come into play? There is nothing top secret during an arrest in 99% of the cases.

I have to agree with some others, if cops were not fining people for traffic and there weren't drug arrests, cops would be much more respected and liked.

edit, I almost forgot, no knock warrants should only be for the most violent offenders.

Most (newer ones, but not all) dash cams are activated when the officer goes code. When he activates the emergency equipment the cam turns on. It doesnt turn off for a set time after the equipment is turned off.

Cant make it a crime to not use it. There are situations where it is actually illegal to film. Think juvenile victims and offenders in some circumstances.

An officer cant stop you from filming, thats been decided by SCOTUS. If youre the one being arrested he can have you empty your hands. As long as your filming doesnt interfere with an officer doing his duty you can film all you want.

Ive had plenty of people film me. Ive made them clear the immediate area but Ive never prevented someone from recording. Ive even let someone hand their phone to someone else so they could record. I have even been told by a cop to turn off a camera and then threatened when I refused. The end result was not what he was expecting.

i think thats being overlooked. the rot is all the way up the chain. bad depts and bad at the top and it trickles down.

there is no punishment or tracking. I believe if there is a pattern of abuse of not using body cams correctly it should be a 3 strike rule or something.

never? national security on the street? lol.

end the drug war. the need for the amount of police goes down drastically. bullshit weed arrests are a waste of resources.

Cant make it a crime to not use it. There are situations where it is actually illegal to film. Think juvenile victims and offenders in some circumstances.

Sure you can. What happens when a security camera gets that same footage? You're not going to jail because your security camera films something. You might be charged if you distribute or sell it. The body cam film will be controlled by a third party. They can delete anything that needs to go away. Could that third party release or sell the footage? Sure, but then they can be charged.

Sure you can. What happens when a security camera gets that same footage? You're not going to jail because your security camera films something. You might be charged if you distribute or sell it. The body cam film will be controlled by a third party. They can delete anything that needs to go away. Could that third party release or sell the footage? Sure, but then they can be charged.

Depends on the situation. Wearing them while patrolling is one thing, but there are times that officers need to be able to turn them off. A security camera is a lot different scenario than an officer going in to interview a juvi. There are laws state and federal that prohibit recording juvis in certain situations. Do you think the camera should just run the whole time the officer is on duty? What about when hes taking a piss or fucking your mom? Nope.

When i was in a former position they tried to make us wear them. Thing is, especially today, you make one comment someone claims is offensive your fired. Union told em to fuck off or we would all resign. Its the only time Ive ever seen a use for the unionu

Do you think the camera should just run the whole time the officer is on duty? What about when hes taking a piss or fucking your mom? Nope.

Thing is, especially today, you make one comment someone claims is offensive your fired. /QUOTE]

Yes, the film is not being sent over the net. It would get held for a specific length of time in case it is needed for evidence. After that time, it would get deleted automatically.

As far as comments, your always at the mercy of someone else's camera. So it's really not any different.

I know its a pain. I was a professional pilot. The aircraft I flew had a voice recorder. But if I want the job, that's the deal. That body cam could help you just as much as hurt you.

I dont. I do it on my donut break while she feeds me krispy kremes.

Top Back Refresh