What's new

Pocket knife thread

2JZ

Member Number
I normally have a Leatherman Surge on my belt when working, but am looking for a good quality small pocket knife for everyday carry. Especially weekends when I'm wearing shorts and dont have my Leatherman on me.

Prefer something small, sub 3" and not heavy or bulky. Would like to keep it under $100 if possible, but It seems like I may have to spend more for some of the big names. Ive never owned a decent pocket knife. Have always bought cheap and stop carrying them because they suck.

Benchmade Griptilian is kinda the obvious go to for that...available in a bunch of different blade styles, steels, colours, etc.

Although many will say their stuff is overpriced and they're sell outs...their knives are still really good. I've got my Barrage sitting right next to me now, an Emissary downstairs, and a Griptilian in my go bag.

Reactions: DMG
F70EA48C-E154-4287-9E34-97EF1FC3B84F.jpeg
Gerber. Fits nicely in the watch pocket. Last a good 2 years in harsh conditions. Im on my 3rd.

Kershaw blur. Scales come in all.sorts of colors and inlays. Sometimes the stainless blade goes on sale, get that if you find it. Holds an edge really well

I prefer a 2 blade old school case knife. Use 1 blade for a knife & 1 for a tool. But cant find one that locks.Got no use for a foldin up hazard.
Edit: recommend one?

Kershaw CQC-5K. I've had it for a couple of years, use it a lot, and its held an edge really well.

I also have a Kershaw Chive that's over 15 years old and still razor sharp.

Last edited:
I’ve been carrying a Kershaw Scallion for 15 years that still works great.

These are tough to come by, but when you can well worth it.

Boker exskellibur. I had one for years and lost it like a dumbass. :homer: One handed open. No assist or spring in it. Start it and flick your wrist.

I now carry a mini version of the same knife my dad gave me. It isn't damascus, it's VG-10 steel. Crazy sharp.

This is the "second gen" model. If you can find an original, buy it. I will buy it from you if you don't like it.

Current EDC. https://www.amazon.com/BOKER-PLUS-Exskelibur-VG10-Knives/dp/B018K3RWT0

EDIT: Found an article on the original. I really miss that knife.

Last edited:
Milwaukee Fastback 10-15 bucks and you just replace the blades

Stop being a bitch and wear your latherman with shorts as well. And also carry a knife every day also. This is shit your grandpa was supposed to tell you. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

crkt pilar
cheap
beefy so you can do stupid shit you shouldn't do with it.
tiny in your pocket.

Just a cheapo China Mart special bought long time ago. Sharpen as needed.
In truck console I keep a Leatherman (Wave model I think).

I have Kershaw’s Cryo 1&2. I EDC’d the 1 for a couple years when I discovered the Ember, but I couldn’t find one in stores. The Ember is a small version of the Cryos. My oldest kids first act as a 18 year old was to buy me a Ember :grinpimp:

This is always on me
5210EF02-E918-407D-B007-8A92AF8487AC.jpeg

Milwaukee Fastback 10-15 bucks and you just replace the blades

I don't like that specific knife but yea. They're all I've carried for 20 years now. My knife is always sharp and IDGAF what I use it for..

I normally have a Leatherman Surge on my belt when working, but am looking for a good quality small pocket knife for everyday carry. Especially weekends when I'm wearing shorts and dont have my Leatherman on me.

Prefer something small, sub 3" and not heavy or bulky. Would like to keep it under $100 if possible, but It seems like I may have to spend more for some of the big names. Ive never owned a decent pocket knife. Have always bought cheap and stop carrying them because they suck.
I like these pocket knives:

This is shit your grandpa was supposed to tell you.

Pocket knife and a lighter.

Can get through a lot of shit with those two. Have carried both since I was a kid.

Back to the thread topic: My primary is a Kershaw Oblivion

Another vote for the Benchmade mini grip. I steped it up with the Doug Ritter m390 blade it holds a good sharp edge.

I've had a LOT of pocket knives over the years and the current Milwaukee 3.5" is far and away my favorite. Holds a great edge and opens faster than any assisted opening I've touched.

Attachments

• PXL_20210927_044341363.jpg
    PXL_20210927_044341363.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Well shit I just dropped $200 on Amazon on 4 different ones. (2) Kershaws, the Rat 2, and a Spyderco Dragonfly 2. Will see if I'm satisfied with those. May order the Benchmade mini too. I'd like to keep one in each vehicle I own (2 Sequoias and 2 Challengers), plus one to daily carry.

I carry a Kershaw Leek, Lee Williams design. Made in USA even. have had it prolly 15 years. EDC even while wearing shorts. I don't think kershaw makes this model anymore but I would buy another Kershaw in a heartbeat.

Check out TOPS knives.

I have several and they are super high quality, stay sharp, are fairly priced, and made in the U.S.

Kershaw leek, I also have one that is a little smaller I grab sometimes too.

Top Back Refresh