What's new

Pocket knife thread

Repost, we have had multiple knife threads on here already..
Bug out sucks, cheap junk compared to the 940.
That said Benchmade is overpriced and anti-gun.

If you want something small and easy to carry check out the Gerber eab light.

I love my kershaws. My current EDC is the scallion. I’ve carried the Leek too.

Yes, the bugout does feel like cheap junk when it comes out of the box. After carrying it for a week, it felt like the best EDC knife I've found in the 30-35 years I've been carrying a knife.

Overpriced is subjective. I'm ok with $125 for a US made tool with a lifetime warranty that I will use several times a day for years. At the end of the day though, a sharp $2 knife will cut just like a sharp $500 knife.

I remember when they helped the popo chop up the guns. Didn't it come out they were helping destroy old evidence and not just making guns not exist? Seems like it was something along those lines anyway.

Reactions: DMG

Is this Opposite Day?

The eab is a money clip with a razor knife blade, dirt cheap and you can abuse the blade and just put in a new one.
For the price of the bugout it just feels cheap. 940 is far superior, most of spyderco's offerings are much better as well.

Yes the guns they destroyed were old evidence guns. My issue was with the owner's response and the donations to hard core Oregon anti-gun demorats.

I carry a ganzo f756. It's a 125% scale replica of a Benchmade 940 and for $20 you can't beat it. I think this ones 3 years old now and it's just trucking along. I don't really love supporting the Chinese knockoff companies but if the other guys can't even compete then oh well

Spyderco Pacific Salt

They weigh nothing, hold an edge and you can't fuck them up.
My wife can be hard on knives so that is what she carries. Unless we are in the woods then property an Esee 3.

The new LC200 pacific salt is even better.

I carry a ganzo f756. It's a 125% scale replica of a Benchmade 940 and for $20 you can't beat it. I think this ones 3 years old now and it's just trucking along. I don't really love supporting the Chinese knockoff companies but if the other guys can't even compete then oh well
They can’t compete with the price because they pay for design, engineering, warranty, actually using the steel claimed, etc. Hell, they use slave labor.

It is shitty to support Chinese companies that steal intellectual property. It is far worse to imply that the company that did the design “can’t compete”. I hope you cut your little dick off with that knife.

Last edited:
Kershaw Leek was the EDC, in rotation with a Sypderco Tenacious. Then i picked up a Launch 10 and that's been in the pocket the past several months. https://www.knifecenter.com/item/KS...54-reverse-tanto-blade-black-aluminum-handles

Well, actually, I picked up the knockoff version from AliExpress :emb: Pretty nice having never handled the real one, just due for an edge touchup. It's proven to me that I want to buy the real one next time I have toy $$, the form factor is what I was hoping for

also have a Skeletool, another Leatherman, and something else I'm forgetting in the drawer. Skeletool is just a little too bulky for normal office days, though it did prove handy a couple times for stupid office tasks

Launch 4 or any of the other Launch line you like. I shopped around and got my Launch 4 under $100, but that was a couple years ago, and haven't knife shopped in a while.

some one posted a sight that had a shit ton of Chinese copy knives a while back. I meant to order a couple dozen but I forgot. anyone have any idea what the hell I'm talking about?

some one posted a sight that had a shit ton of Chinese copy knives a while back. I meant to order a couple dozen but I forgot. anyone have any idea what the hell I'm talking about?
why do you think it is ok to support our enemy and support the theft of intellectual property?

Here ya go Woody, and it's even on sale.

25952-1200-auto?width=1200&height=auto&aspect=true.png

Reactions: 2JZ
sure, our government is giving them billions. pretty sure some cheap ass pocket knives wont ruin the balance of trade.
It’s not just the trade balance. It is the theft of intellectual property. Honestly, you are not someone I thought would be ok with this.

I normally have a Leatherman Surge on my belt when working, but am looking for a good quality small pocket knife for everyday carry. Especially weekends when I'm wearing shorts and dont have my Leatherman on me.

Prefer something small, sub 3" and not heavy or bulky. Would like to keep it under $100 if possible, but It seems like I may have to spend more for some of the big names. Ive never owned a decent pocket knife. Have always bought cheap and stop carrying them because they suck.

CRKT Ripple 2. If you can still find one. Part of my edc. Light weight, slim, easy open, reasonably priced if I lose it.

CR-K410KXP.jpg

Top Back Refresh