What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Picked up a Gladiator

ProjectTwin

Member Number
Hope this wasn’t a mistake. :laughing:

F006B197-F039-4C8C-B14D-58F9DCF984A5.jpeg

My last Jeep was a TJ that was cut and stretched 10”. I needed to get a truck and didn’t want a full size so midsize made sense. Brother has a JK and was on me to get another Jeep so we can hit the trails. Told him I didn’t want to build another one.

The only real change I’d make…it MAY get the Motobilt bed.

My last Jeep was a TJ that was cut and stretched 10”. I needed to get a truck and didn’t want a full size so midsize made sense. Brother has a JK and was on me to get another Jeep so we can hit the trails. Told him I didn’t want to build another one.

I've been looking at those beds up close on 15 - 20 Gladiators this week, absolutely how they should have been made, past one a few min. ago that used his factory bed to make a tow behind trailer. dead sexy

This thing.

IMG_6527.jpeg

This shit happened yesterday…:homer:

IMG_6525.jpeg

This thing.

IMG_6527.jpeg

The second the Gladiators came out my first thought was that the bed and frame needed to be bobbed for it to ever be useful as a trail crawler. That is exactly what I had in mind. :smokin:

I've been looking at those beds up close on 15 - 20 Gladiators this week, absolutely how they should have been made, past one a few min. ago that used his factory bed to make a tow behind trailer. dead sexy
I have been thinking about a Motobilt bed for my Gladiator. I just got an up-close look on one installed yesterday. I like 95% of it. The tailgate hinges seem way too small/cheap looking. I also didn't like the way the taillights and license plate are deeply recessed, making for huge places for dirt and crap to collect.

What motor did you get? Replaced a cam already in my 3.6L before 50k.

Other than the engine issues and real lack of power with the 3.6, I've enjoyed it quite a bit. It's comfortable on the road and does pretty damn well off road, as well.

Congrats on the new ride.

What is the Motobilt bed? They make a specific bed?

I have been thinking about a Motobilt bed for my Gladiator. I just got an up-close look on one installed yesterday. I like 95% of it. The tailgate hinges seem way too small/cheap looking. I also didn't like the way the taillights and license plate are deeply recessed, making for huge places for dirt and crap to collect.

I like sitting on tailgates. Another negative on the Motobilt is the lip that sticks up.

What motor did you get? Replaced a cam already in my 3.6L before 50k.

Other than the engine issues and real lack of power with the 3.6, I've enjoyed it quite a bit. It's comfortable on the road and does pretty damn well off road, as well.

3.6. This one has 28k on it.

5k really isn't a horrible price either...
Are they still 5?

Especially if you're not going to color match it.

$6500 for the aluminum version... but with serious weight savings.

Top Back Refresh