What's new

PATS Delete?

Pony_Driver

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Anyone delete PATS from a 99-03 F150? How did you do it?

I have a project truck that has one working key, a shit motor, and I want to remove complications down the road. If I can remove PATS and rock a dumb key that would be awesome.

Assuming it is a similar situation that I had with my '99 mercury project, the short answer is to find someone to turn it off via a tuner. That was the only way I was able to have it defeated with my setup.

Maybe someone has found a different method by now.

It's a little fiddly but you could pull the transceiver off from around the lock cylinder and stick it and your programmed key in the middle elsewhere then rock dumb keys. I've seen that done in old remote start setups.

Assuming it is a similar situation that I had with my '99 mercury project, the short answer is to find someone to turn it off via a tuner. That was the only way I was able to have it defeated with my setup.

Maybe someone has found a different method by now.
Yeah, I guess that search will continue. I'm not really into the tuning crowd. I have heard of people who offer a service like that but you have to mail them your PCM.
It's a little fiddly but you could pull the transceiver off from around the lock cylinder and stick it and your programmed key in the middle elsewhere then rock dumb keys. I've seen that done in old remote start setups.
That just kicks the can down the road until the chip or transceiver dies and leaves you stranded. I really don't want or need PATS on a 20+ year old truck. I was hoping there was a more mainstream or easier way to address this.

Yeah, I guess that search will continue. I'm not really into the tuning crowd. I have heard of people who offer a service like that but you have to mail them your PCM.

That just kicks the can down the road until the chip or transceiver dies and leaves you stranded. I really don't want or need PATS on a 20+ year old truck. I was hoping there was a more mainstream or easier way to address this.
PATS issues are really few and far between if the truck hasn't had a couple alarm systems hacked in and it doesn't have the column physically damaged by an attempted theft.

Forscan can only add keys and you need two keys to add a third. I only have one.

I have way too much going on right now that I don't want to get into buying a key machine or try to learn tuning. I think the easy way out for me at this point is to wait for the local mobile locksmith to get a new batch of keys in and have him cut two new PATS keys and program them. He's a nice dude and I don't mind giving him business. He miss cut the last key blank he had (only worked on one side), he gave it to me and tried not charging me for the trip. I told him to give me a call when he got more in.

I was really hoping people had found a way around this by now, but if its as robust as it seems, two keys will get me way down the road for not much $ or effort.

Top Back Refresh