What's new

Operation Un-F@cked

Is that a rear gas tank?

It is, My grandpa installed it when the rig was new. It’s 11.5 gallons, made by Northwest Metal products or something like that.

ETA, did a quick search, the company is still around, but don’t make tanks anymore. And no, I dont want to sell it:flipoff2:. It’s mounted where the spare would have gone but this one came with the swing out. It’s hooked to a toggle in the cab, and feeds into a T in the overflow line of the fill neck behind the fill neck access panel.

Last edited:
It is, My grandpa installed it when the rig was new. It’s 11.5 gallons, made by Northwest Metal products or something like that.

ETA, did a quick search, the company is still around, but don’t make tanks anymore. And no, I dont want to sell it:flipoff2:. It’s mounted where the spare would have gone but this one came with the swing out. It’s hooked to a toggle in the cab, and feeds into a T in the overflow line of the fill neck behind the fill neck access panel.

Nice! I remember Northwest back in the day. I was curious as I would like to put a tank in the back and get rid of the stock side tank.

Kevin

Nice! I remember Northwest back in the day. I was curious as I would like to put a tank in the back and get rid of the stock side tank.

Kevin

NWOR? No warranty or return. Most Toyota guys put an F150 tank in place of the spare. Fits between the frame rails nicely.

I didn't say it was a good memory!

Just busting your chops. They had a lot of good stuff but there were lots of horror stories of people dealing with them. Absolute shit customer service.

Been out a couple times on some snow runs and fire road cruising, feeling it out. Drives great on the road, did great on what snow I was in, but I have some gear lash issues or a stretched chain in the chain drive. When the drive train has no positive or negative load on it, there’s some nasty noise and vibration, made worse when 4x4 is engaged. Other than that things are great, and the sliders should be getting put on soonish.
Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_8194.jpg Views:	0 Size:	657.6 KB ID:	262399 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_8215.jpg Views:	0 Size:	751.2 KB ID:	262400

IMG_8198.jpg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh