What's new

Offroad, lawn tractors/ riding mowers

If i actually did this I'd probably break something.

I'm actually quite impressed with what they can handle with just a 2WD locked rear.

Next thing will be giant tires. Then buggy springs and linked suspensions. Then jungle gym buggies on coilovers and old Kubota axles. Then everyone will sell their tractor buggy and buy a SXS. Then we have 2021, bubble go pop. Thanks for just ruining the sport! Fuckers!

Click image for larger version Name:	mower.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.7 KB ID:	341487

Was a guy on one of those at Windrock a couple weeks ago.

I am sure the guy had fun but just looks like it would beat you up badly and lose it's novelty quickly.

He did make it up a trail i turned around on but who knows how many hours he spent winching up it.

Last edited:
Oooh, whatcha got? I've got Dad's 1958 Tecumseh 5hp in the shed. :smokin:

Doodlebug Racer with Predator 212cc Hemi swapped in. Low oil shutdown deleted, Torque converter, governor maxed out (limiting screw deleted), re-jetted/tuned carb, mountain bike hydraulic brake caliper, snowblower tires. I swapped out the sprocket to run #40/41 chain, because #35 chain stretch out just after one hard pull.

I need to add front brake. And more go-fast billet parts for the predator too... :smokin:

https://www.arcracing.com/predator-212/

FED5C3E8-3201-4202-8B25-94885F93BEAD.jpeg

Last edited:

Was a guy on one of those at Windrock a couple weeks ago.

I am sure the guy had fun but just looks like it would beat you up badly and lose it's novelty quickly.

He did make it up a trail i turned around on but who knows how many hours he spent winching up it.

That my man cleetus. He's part of my riding group. He did a 2 week trip from mi to NC and back. I'll be posting his vid as soon as it's ready

You talking about trail 6? Cuase he didn't winch it said it was pretty rowdy on the tractor though.

I know he went around the bigger ledge in 22.
but otherwise ran that whole trail..

Not sure what others he ran..

Edit: spoke to cleetus. He never pulled the winch, but there was a spot he got off and had to walk the tractor up.

Last edited:
That my man cleetus. He's part of my riding group. He did a 2 week trip from mi to NC and back. I'll be posting his vid as soon as it's ready

You talking about trail 6? Cuase he didn't winch it said it was pretty rowdy on the tractor though.

I know he went around the bigger ledge in 22.
but otherwise ran that whole trail..

Not sure what others he ran..

Edit: spoke to cleetus. He never pulled the winch, but there was a spot he got off and had to walk the tractor up.

It was trail 22

He ran 22 in its entirety without winching but had to take a bypass around 1 rock ledge. I forget what he said it took him time wise.

Trail 6 is tougher than 22, and he had to get off and walk it up one hill becuase it was 2 steep.

Last edited:
We used to do this shit when I was a kid, back before the big scrap boom in the late '00's people would give us mowers left and right. I forget which ones it was but there were rear-engine jobs that had separate brake/clutch pedals and the good Peerless chain drive transmissions, they'd rip killer wheelies on the pavement.

Being physically challenged (spinal cord damage) and having to use a wheelchair I have a couple lawn tractors that I use around the farm. One is a craftsman 17.5 hp and all I did was swap out the rotten tires for atv tires on the rear and used wheelbarrow tires up front. It fits through all my gates and I use it to check the fields and really lots of other things around here.
The other one is a cub cadet with a Kohler v twin. It was in real bad shape when given to me with a stuck engine and sheet metal falling off. Once I got the engine unstuck I bought a Chinese carburetor off ebay (the original was unusable) , gave it a good tune up, put atv tires front and rear and painted it multi color. The wife named it " tootiemuthafuckinfruitie " it is too large to go in the walk in gates but is useful pulling a trailer when we clean out the goat stalls. I use it as transportation to other parts of our farm to get to my backhoe and excavator. About every month the wife and I take a ride around our properties and go just about anywhere we want. They are very useful to us.

My buddies brother used to do the same thing in Connecticut until he rolled and got crushed. Broken back, shattered pelvis, collapsed lung and a ruptured spleen.

I had all sorts of race mowers when I was young. A simple pulley swap and you have a 50mph unstable vehicle with little to no brakes. It's where dethmachine came from. Also where I learned about proper toe and steering geometry after a bad wreck.

The peerless 5 speed I had was a good trans. All the Dana/spicer foote trans would blow the shift keys out real quick.

They were better than go karts. Much faster, clutch pedal and gears to shift through. Dang now I want another :laughing:.

Eric just posted he picked up a mower for it today :laughing:

I think it's in Epsom though, I might head up for it if I've got nothing else going on.

Yeah I saw a post on bookface saying Epsom this weekend, I thought it was further south. Epsom is 30 minutes from my place :laughing:

South of Epsom

shudders

Top Back Refresh