What's new

Offroad, lawn tractors/ riding mowers

donaldcon

The legend
Member Number
Loc
Lancaster ohio
I'm sure most of.you think... GAAAAAAAY but any one else in here ride these things?

photo51946.jpg

Are you fucking kidding me? That's an actual thing? Ahahahahaha!!!

I should have never of clicked on this thread.

Shit.

you fukks in the snowbelt really do lose yer minds during the freeze huh?!

We do most of our riding in winter on these yes lol.

But we do ride year round between jeeps, sxs, and other hobbies. We just do all those less in winter so we do these more

Reactions: Clb
So uh, any particular models that work best? Seems to be older the better.

So uh, any particular models that work best? Seems to be older the better.

Easiest to build are the old sears and wheel horses with geared hi/lo trans.

With enough fab anything will work. but your basic yard mower isn't going to cut it (pun intended) for riding like we do.

we try to keep them very much tractor, and stay away from atv suspensions/engines etc.

Most of my group just have higher hp engines, (we have a guy running a 30hp generac motor) locked axles, a bigger engine pulley for speed and atv tires, with some beefed up steering and such.

I fucking hate my two case 444s but I'll bet they would be fucking champs at this.

Easiest to build are the old sears and wheel horses with geared hi/lo trans.

With enough fab anything will work. but your basic yard mower isn't going to cut it (pun intended) for riding like we do.

we try to keep them very much tractor, and stay away from atv suspensions/engines etc.

Most of my group just have higher hp engines, (we have a guy running a 30hp generac motor) locked axles, a bigger engine pulley for speed and atv tires, with some beefed up steering and such.

Just offered $50 for a Craftsman LT4000 tractor that won't run. :laughing:

Either tire chains or bolt angle iron on rear tires is how we roll. Full steel tires will bust the trans too quick. They need pipe bumpers also

Wife got me to bring a Ford YT16 home last weekend. This thread is perfect timming lol. Needs its transaxle fixed (bent shaft). I got the "great we need more axles around here" from the wife hehe
Ford YT16.jpg

Upgrade time! Anyone have a Peerless 820 5 speed transaxle laying around? 3/4" to 1" shafts :smokin:
Snowballing already, then I need now wheels and tires lol

Upgrade time! Anyone have a Peerless 820 5 speed transaxle laying around? 3/4" to 1" shafts :smokin:
Snowballing already, then I need now wheels and tires lol

That ford is awesome! I know some folks with 820s to sell but we're all in ohio/pa

I watched some of videos posted in here. lol :laughing:

I'll take my souped-up mini bike and beat y'all off road, and eat my dust as I go by at over 40 mph. all day :flipoff2:

just don't drive into me :flipoff2:

I'll take my souped-up mini bike and beat y'all off road, and eat my dust as I go by at over 40 mph. all day :flipoff2:

Oooh, whatcha got? I've got Dad's 1958 Tecumseh 5hp in the shed. :smokin:

We've got a couple that can hold 40. So bring the mini bike on

I have a couple old 70's simplicity tractors that need a purpose. This is it.

Top Back Refresh