What's new

Official IRATE Tire & Wheel Thread

Yeah, shes

Same here.... but the seem to work extremely well at hollister hills

Better than 42 treps or 43 sx?

I know those 2 work in rocks, dirt, mud, what I'm also curious about is snow. I know stickies aren't ideal for snow, but if one works substantially better in snow than the other, it would sway me

Better than 42 treps or 43 sx?

I know those 2 work in rocks, dirt, mud, what I'm also curious about is snow. I know stickies aren't ideal for snow, but if one works substantially better in snow than the other, it would sway me

I honestly dont have any direct scs comparisons but I know a couple people that run the 38s on the cookie cutter yota builds and it always blows me away how well they hook up in hollister dirt. They seem so soft that they mold to the dirt while the edges of the tires dig in, where as harder tires scrape the dirt away and slip... if that makes sense.

Thinking about it my cousin has a very built rig on 42 treps and id say the mickey Thompsons grab better

But I don't have a 14b or 1550 shafts

1000003874.gif

1703121622924.png

What about these bro-dozer tires? Seen like one team at koh run them last year? 40's are expensive....
Even if those things were the grippiest of grippers... the "Trail Blade" with tread shaped as a knife blade... fuck that... unless you're a knife maker, then it kinda ties something in.

I've always thought a tire with a same type of tread pattern and shape as a dirt bike rear tire, just scaled up, might work pretty good.

Was going to say that, some of the best traction rc tires are those and the little pin tires.

For that price, those 47s are half tempting. Would be funny to just have them on a trail rig with 90 HP. Probably take 5 years to break and start hooking half way decent on dry rock :laughing:

Wow, same price as my 47’s. For the price it’s hard not to want to try them if you can fit them.

Would be hilarious to roll into Fordyce or Rubicon with them :laughing:

On dry rock those lugs would probably fold a full 90*

I finally came to a decision. Bought discontinued tires :homer:

20231231_083607.jpg

4 brand new, never ran 2020 date code 42 mtrk, and 2 junk spares for $2700.

These are what I wanted, but was apprehensive since they aren't know to be exactly bulletproof, and aren't made anymore. But I think I'll make it work between the vulcanizing shit these days, and 2 people I know running the same tires.

Have the sticky mickeys on my rig in the 43 flavor, only one trip so far to the Rubicon and a half run into the the first crossing at Fordyce and they did the same as my worn in SX's they replaced. Id imagine after they get some more trail time and spirited warm-ups they'll hook pretty well.

I will say they are incredibly soft, I can damn near twist the big lug 45 degrees by hand.

6qr7f6e.jpg

Top Back Refresh