What's new

Off brand clone tires

kf4zht

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Shopping tires for the burb, 285/75/16s or 265/75/16s. Looks like name brand stuff is all 200+ a tire, found a few take offs

But Facebook is full of small shop listing off brand tires for pretty cheap Prinx and roadx being the most common brands. Looking at the treads most appear to be BFG clones.

I remember when Kenda got popular and were pretty good tires in the end. Is that the same with these or are they just crap. I don't mind something with more road noise but don't want something that's going to risk falling apart

I can recommend the Prince Hicountry HM1s personally. Been wearing good and quiet for a mud tire. Were under 700 for a set of 4 on eBay before tax returns came in:laughing:
I know a few people running These.
Go under a few different names, one is Crosswind. Seem fine

I can recommend the Prince Hicountry HM1s personally. Been wearing good and quiet for a mud tire. Were under 700 for a set of 4 on eBay before tax returns came in:laughing:
I know a few people running These.
Go under a few different names, one is Crosswind. Seem fine
Cool, I've seen those and the crosswinds pop up a few times. Looks like the local Mexican shops are competitive with eBay, might give them a shot directly

I’ve been running a set of these Robot or human? In a 315/75-16, for about 5 years now.

Replaced a set of BFG Mud Terains.

They do ok on my ‘86 F250. Decent in the snow/sand/mud, not too loud on the highway. They do wander a little more than the BFG’s did, but for $821 mounted, balanced, and installed (5ish years ago) I can live with it.

They seem to be wearing good, nice and even wear (even though I only run them at 42-44 psi) and be long lasting tread, but I’ve only been putting maybe 1,500 a year on them.

For a vehicle driven this little, I’m happy with the cheap(er) imitation tires.

Last edited:
The Amp Terrain Pro ATs are some of the best BFG KO knock offs. I sell a fair amount of them.

Cross winds like to chop out quickly. Cheap but not a good long term solution for something that see street time. Ride good for what they are.

I've been eyeballing the kenda m/t2, but haven't personally seen any real world tests.

I have Prinx mud tires on my cheapo wheeler rig. Good enough for the price.

I ran those 285’s Crosswind linglongs on the GMC with 90% street time and they did fine. I think when I bought them they were right at $100 each 5 years ago

Top Back Refresh