What's new

OBS console

rockota

white collar hillbilly
Member Number
My Google FU isn't working.

Only pulling up content w/ long deleted images or "just replace with a super duty console"..
Need to R&R the cup holder/cubby in the OBS 40/20/40 jump seat. OBS was missing this piece when I bought it and I picked up this replacement yesterday. I can't figure it out... and I REALLY don't want to break it.

ignore the cuts... the seat frame is f'd... so I don't care at all about the upholstery.

Attachments

• 20230727_232332943_iOS.jpg
    20230727_232332943_iOS.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 57
what are you asking?

Well shoot. Re-reading my post, you’re right; I didn’t even ask. :homer:

How do I remove the cup holder/cubby from this jump seat so I can install it into another jump seat?

I can’t seem to find crap… probably because I’m not asking the right question…

I can find the step by step directions pretty easy. Just no pics because...photobucket:flipoff:

Think I would destroy the 1st one taking it apart. That way you know whats up

If you don't care about this seat it should be easy. Cut the cloth off, pull the foam out and take a look at how it's held to the frame.

And yes, you should have installed a superduty bench with buckets. It's just a much nicer seat all around.

I can find the step by step directions pretty easy. Just no pics because...photobucket:flipoff:

Think I would destroy the 1st one taking it apart. That way you know whats up

Unfortunately, the piece was completely missing in my OBS, so no opportunity to learn on that.

If you don't care about this seat it should be easy. Cut the cloth off, pull the foam out and take a look at how it's held to the frame.

And yes, you should have installed a superduty bench with buckets. It's just a much nicer seat all around.

That was the original plan. But they hove become very expensive. And I’m selling the OBS, so not putting that kind of money into it.

I don't know the answer to the question but if you figure it out please post it up.

That was the original plan. But they hove become very expensive. And I’m selling the OBS, so not putting that kind of money into it.

I keep eyeballing the front seat in my '14 f150. Need to toss a tape on it, but It should slide right into my OBS. looking on car-part, they are pretty cheap

Never seen one in person. I'd bet theres screw heads under that trim piece

Probably pops in with the same clips as the trim on the dash.
I don't think that's correct. I've pulled the dash apart on this truck and this is held in much, much tighter than what the dash clips allow.

So you're going to half destroy it taking it apart, and will need to glue it back together. Neat.

So you're going to half destroy it taking it apart, and will need to glue it back together. Neat.
looks that way. Found another thread talking about how to get the clips out w/o breaking them, but I think it's going to end up being epoxy at best...

Done.

Now that I’ve done one, I think it’s definitely possible to do this w/o breaking the clips in the future. Requires a very thin tool with a 90 degree bend to get behind the clip. Almost like a slim Jim.

The base is riveted into place. The fabric is stapled to the console base and the plastic trim clips over that.

Th the fabric proved to be the hardest part for me - couldn’t get staples to go through the base plastic consistently.

Glad it’s done.

Attachments

• IMG_4101.jpeg
    IMG_4101.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4098.jpeg
    IMG_4098.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4093.jpeg
    IMG_4093.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4095.jpeg
    IMG_4095.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
Appreciate the images. Can you post a picture of the tool you used to pop the clips? The console in my OBS is loose, and I'd like to take it apart to figure out how to fix it, but like everyone else, I don't want to break it further.

I used a small screwdriver...

what I would use if I were to do it again is something like a dental pic... Have to get in and behind the clips with something small

Top Back Refresh