What's new

Not a fan of the Warn hub float

VEX

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Sack Kali
2002 F350. Converting from the OEM vacuum hubs to Warn 38826 manual.

They fit like shit IMO. Installed one spring ring and had 1/4” slop. Installed another and it was 1/8”. Still too sloppy for me to ensure a good seal against the hub.

Instructions say there should be ‘float’ but I’m not buying it and it renders the O-ring virtually useless.
I contacted Warn and maybe they will send me a couple more spring retainers, but it’s still not to my liking.

Do I live with it or are there tips I do not yet know?

Use the thicker old style wire retainers or cut the tab ears off the oe ones and install them instead of the modern spiral rings.

The sd axles dont use the snap ring on the end of the axle shafts like the regular d60s and the spirals are much thinner than the wire locks.

If youre not happy ill give a set of oe styles at my exepense

Reactions: VEX
Use the thicker old style wire retainers or cut the tab ears off the oe ones and install them instead of the modern spiral rings.

The sd axles dont use the snap ring on the end of the axle shafts like the regular d60s and the spirals are much thinner than the wire locks.

If youre not happy ill give a set of oe styles at my exepense
Thank You for that! I was actually thinking of doing that as a last resort but wasn’t sure it would work.

Cutting the tabs would definitely work in that application.

Damn I love this place!
Thanks man. I’ll update when I get it done.

Update:

I got em in but not by conventional means.

I used the spring ring against the hub followed by the stock ‘clothes hanger’ ring with the tabs cut off and ground smooth.

It all bolted up with zero slop and what I wanted.

Not sure I’d recommend this as it’s not standard or in any of the directions, but I do what works for me.

It seems to be a crapshoot on the F350 Dana 60, but it is possible to install the 38826 Warn hubs with no slop if you are determined.

Top Back Refresh