What's new

nOOB ENGINE PERFORMANCE QUESTIONS

All comes down to the area under the torque curve on a dyno chart. The basic assumption is that while peak torque might be the same, the larger displacement engine has more torque across the whole spectrum
Along this note CDA 455 II , If you have Motortrend On Demand I’m pretty sure there’s at least one if not more episodes of Engine Masters where they test this and discuss the merits of each.

Wheres all the LS swap folks?

we45756u.jpg
A buddy of mine still has the Ram Jet 502 I bought and was going to put in my '72 Blazer 12 years ago; along with a TH475 tranny.
When the market crashed in '09~ I sold said engine/Blazer/and tranny to him.

If he still has it in a couple of years; that might be an option.
Use an all-manual 4L80 tranny behind it.

I have a 1 ton Burb and the 8.1 moves it around like a muscle car. Very rarely do I need much skinny pedal for anything. Extremely nice to have what seems like an endless amount of power whenever you need it.

Downside is I'm sure it is way easier to break stuff because it doesn't bog as quickly. I'm not wheeling this truck that hard but I'm sure there is less margin for error as you add power AND gearing to any vehicle.

I have a 1 ton Burb and the 8.1 moves it around like a muscle car. Very rarely do I need much skinny pedal for anything. Extremely nice to have what seems like an endless amount of power whenever you need it.

Downside is I'm sure it is way easier to break stuff because it doesn't bog as quickly. I'm not wheeling this truck that hard but I'm sure there is less margin for error as you add power AND gearing to any vehicle.

Yes plenty. Technical crawling all the time.
Not buggy crawling, full sized rig crawling. I know when to back out of shit and not be a retard.

use some intuitive in driving skill goes a long way. Stop if a tire isn’t turning or no reaction expected when applying throttle as an example. And not be a retard lol

I still say 460.

I have a 8.1 2500 and while it moves around just fine, I'd have a hard time calling it a muscle car.

It feels decent. Like what a gas 2500 should be. The 6.0 is just plain pathetic.

I have a 8.1 2500 and while it moves around just fine, I'd have a hard time calling it a muscle car.

It feels decent. Like what a gas 2500 should be. The 6.0 is just plain pathetic.
Drove a 200k mile 8.1 26' uhaul last week.
I was impressed given its weight and the likely hard miles. Off idle torque was impressive, defintely shines under 3000. Even with slight misfires here and there. probably original plugs:lmao:.
The GM truck was a rattly pos

It's decent 🤣

Top Back Refresh