What's new

Non off-road builds

Holy crap, that Maico is beauitiful!

Years of reading Dirt Bike Magazine and Rick Seimon's articles have made me a fan of the old European dirt bikes.

Holy crap, that Maico is beauitiful!

Years of reading Dirt Bike Magazine and Rick Seimon's articles have made me a fan of the old European dirt bikes.

Thanks

That bike has some neat design elements for sure :smokin:

Dig the old school rides, wish I had the gumption to fix up an older ride like that- very nice....

Thanks

20160113_174350.jpg
i hace a thing for Z cars. I redid the suspension snd interior on this one before I sold it a while back. Wish I'd kept it. It got sold on ebay and shipped to North Carolina. It was an '85 5speed car. All poly bushings, new shocks and springs, clutch, timing belt, R134 AC, and the biggest PITA was restringing all the vacuum lines that were dried out. It had 114k on it when sold.

20190205_130200.jpg

Thid is my current 370z. I havent done anything to it but enjoy it. Its a '14 6 speed with about 35k on the clock.

This one is next, hopefully it's straightforward

2010 335d 189k miles, bad alternator and plugged dpf

goal is nice daily driver with 35mpg, we'll see

I got to test drive it, so not exactly "ran when parked":laughing:

photo53570.jpg

Pardon my euro ignorance, didn't know those were diesel with 400+ ft/lb?

:

IIRC 265hp/400lbft stock, 200-300k lifespan
Pretty decent enthusiast following, lots of them pushing 700lbft tuned
A handful of guys on here have them, tuned deleted daily drivers, I've been lurking their threads for a couple years waiting for the "fuck this POS " and it hasn't happened yet, one posted last week, I opened a cl tab and this one was posted an hour earlier for a fire sale
I'll let you know when it's done, bring your fast shoes:grinpimp:

IIRC 265hp/400lbft stock, 200-300k lifespan
Pretty decent enthusiast following, lots of them pushing 700lbft tuned

I'll let you know when it's done, bring your fast shoes:grinpimp:

Wow, those are impressive numbers all around!

Let me know, I'd like to check it out. I don't own any shoes that aren't fast :D

I'll play.
1957 GMC LCF on a 1975 Cadillac Eldorado frame that was shortened. Yea, front wheel drive. FTMFW
About ready to drive, needs the wiring harness and a tailgate.
20210307_184436.jpg
20210308_204034.jpg
20210316_221619.jpg

Started building a Tolman Widebody Skiff in December. Hoping to have it flipped this round of days off. Started as a 20 footer in a 20'6" rental house garage. An hour before gluing up the framework for a 20' boat I went and looked at/ put an offer in on a house with a 24x40' shop and moved/ streateched it to 23'6" this past round of days off.

bottom glued up.jpg

side bracing.jpg

back side mocked up.jpg

New Shop.jpg

Started building a Tolman Widebody Skiff in December. Hoping to have it flipped this round of days off. Started as a 20 footer in a 20'6" rental house garage. An hour before gluing up the framework for a 20' boat I went and looked at/ put an offer in on a house with a 24x40' shop and moved/ streateched it to 23'6" this past round of days off.

Nice, Do you glass the seams and bottom? I've always wanted to build a boat and will one of these days:laughing:

Nice, Do you glass the seams and bottom? I've always wanted to build a boat and will one of these days:laughing:

All hull panels get glassed inside and out and the seams get filleted and taped. The inside of the bottom was glassed with a 3" wide fillet (mixture of epoxy, wood flour, and micro balloons), tapped with 4" 12oz biax and 6" 10oz cloth and then glassed with 10oz cloth and will get the same treatment out the outside once the sides are permanently glue on. I attached some pictures of the process which might make more sense. Every piece of wood on the boat is 100% coated in epoxy before paint. The inside of the sides got pre grlassed before they were hung with 4oz cloth since it's easier to do them flat than fight gravity.

Working with wood, epoxy and fiberglass has been a learning experience. It's actually pretty simple once you get started.

Depending on what you want to build Tolman Skiffs are a pretty proven good for most things boat unless you want to do 20+mph through 6 footers which they will handle just slowly, they are light, strong, and fuel efficient. There's 1,000+ completed boats out there and fishyfish.com is the pirate of tolmans.

Start of glassing.jpg
Fillet.jpg
Bottom glassed.jpg
20210118_184138.jpg

20210118_175855.jpg

Top Back Refresh