What's new

News Anchor Fired For Saying “Fo Shizzle My Nizzle” On Air

Paragon

Member #42 if by Bus
Member Number
Loc
Jackson, MS USA

Barbie Bassett is a news anchor for WLBT in Jackson Mississippi and during a segment, on March 8th the crew was discussing Snoop dog’s wine collection.

The crew joked about collaborating with the rapper and Barbie shared her excitement by saying ‘fo shizzle my nizzle’ live on air.

Her statement caused quite a stir on social media and after 20 years WLBT let Barbie go.

For making a stupid statement, or for cultural appropriation?
For being a white person and using (an alternative version of) the "N" word. It's so dumb; can we declare that "wokeness" has jumped the shark yet?

They should ask Snoop what he wants, I seriously doubt he was offended.
Exactly, it is not like she used it in a derogatory way either; I'm not sure it could even be used in a derogatory manner. "Get offa my lawn you nizzle!"

For being a white person and using (an alternative version of) the "N" word. It's so dumb; can we declare that "wokeness" has jumped the shark yet?
Rhetorical

• (of a question) asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.

There are about 200 shirts in storage at my work that say “I got 99 problems, but safety ain’t 1” on them. Somebody heard the actual song after they were approved, ordered, delivered, and passed out to employees. You can’t imagine the shit storm that happened over those. :laughing:

"That's some rough girls from Rutgers," Imus said. "Some hardcore hos. That's some nappy-headed hos there, I'm going to tell you that.".

Otherwise known as "white privilege".

There are about 200 shirts in storage at my work that say “I got 99 problems, but safety ain’t 1” on them. Somebody heard the actual song after they were approved, ordered, delivered, and passed out to employees. You can’t imagine the shit storm that happened over those. :laughing:
I'll give you tree fiddy for the whole batch.

And why can’t I find a real article about this? I just googled “fo shizzle my nizzle” to find it, but all that came up was a bunch of “is it ok to say” it posts.

So back in the day there was a NYC weatherman named Tex Antoine. He was a mainstay for years. Beloved by all. Had a cartoon character named Uncle Weathbee that he incorporated into his weather predictions (that were always wrong back then). Antoine was an honest-to-God meteorologist as well.

One day the preceding news story involved a rape. Antoine, ever the jokester, opened with "Old Chines proverb: when rape is imminent, lay back and enjoy it".

That was the last we ever saw of old Tex.

Speaking of Snoop wine, the Atlanta area Krogers pulled Snoop's wine off the shelves because people were offended since it was black history month.

Figure that one out my nizzles.

Did they pull Olde English 800 too? :mr-t:

An in-store display of Snoop Dogg’s Cali Red Wine was removed from a Kroger supermarket in Peachtree City, Ga. after several customers allegedly complained that it was inappropriate.

According to WSB-TV Channel 2, shoppers said it was stereotypical to sell Snoop's Cali Red wine during Black History Month.

2XL shipped to 78641?
I'll give you tree fiddy for the whole batch.
I wish, I get away with all sorts of stuff at work, but I’m pretty sure letting one of those out into the wild would get me fired.

I'm good friends with our former HR manager. She said she was going to wear one on her last day, but chickened out.

those things are not to be messed with.

So back in the day there was a NYC weatherman named Tex Antoine. He was a mainstay for years. Beloved by all. Had a cartoon character named Uncle Weathbee that he incorporated into his weather predictions (that were always wrong back then). Antoine was an honest-to-God meteorologist as well.

One day the preceding news story involved a rape. Antoine, ever the jokester, opened with "Old Chines proverb: when rape is imminent, lay back and enjoy it".

That was the last we ever saw of old Tex.

This was the weatherman in CNY when I was a kid.

Top Back Refresh