What's new

New York Limo Crash

I don't think those transmissions will even go into low gear at speed so he may have tried and the trans said "nope"....

I don't think those transmissions will even go into low gear at speed so he may have tried and the trans said "nope"....

Im like 99% sure you can drop it into 1st, it will hit for a split second and then the computer will still shift it.

But Im not gonna go try it on mine :laughing:

No it certainly is. Judging the entire state of NY by the 6 counties that dictate our laws is like me assuming all of California is blue when I know all of Northern California is red.

It’s harsh and crass and anyone with a brain understands youre just leaping to wild assumptionss.
I know I'm throwing a decent number of good people under the bus (edit: limo). It's worth it.

What exceptions? What rule? Go fuck a blender.

The ones you just listed dumbass. The fact that you have to list specific people, groups and events in which New Yorkers were not dickbag authoritarian swine makes it very clear that dickbag authoritarian swine is the default state.
(And all this from a Masshole!)

So what? You'll hear me say the same things about Massholes.

I've lived in half a dozen states over my adult life. I've had plenty of time to observe cultural differences. MA and NY are some of the worst. The entire culture back to its founding ~400yr ago is based off of the same sick tendencies to use centralized authority to cause misery at the behest of the few who wield it. Seriously, read the fucking history. This shit hasn't changed in 400yr. It's always been like this. Hell, the cultural differences between the states haven't changed.

I know I'm one of the resident tin foilers around here, but I did find it odd that there were no survivors. And this one never sat right with me

If 16 people hit a wall, all 16 die instantly?
I heard it floated that there may have been an exhaust leak prior to the wreck?

We have a stretch of interstate here where a van, pickup, or suburban filled with 30 illegals will blow a tire at 80 and flip multiple times, the average seems to be 4 dead on scene and 5 take off running, with the remainder somewhere between treated on scene and air lifted with life threatening injuries.
I get that a rollover doesn't equal a frontal collision, but it seems that there should have been some survivors.

And Hillary because NY:stirthepot:

I know I'm one of the resident tin foilers around here, but I did find it odd that there were no survivors. And this one never sat right with me

We have a stretch of interstate here where a van, pickup, or suburban filled with 30 illegals will blow a tire at 80 and flip multiple times, the average seems to be 4 dead on scene and 5 take off running, with the remainder somewhere between treated on scene and air lifted with life threatening injuries.
I get that a rollover doesn't equal a frontal collision, but it seems that there should have been some survivors.

The odds of hitting a wall at 100mph with no seatbelts and surviving are ridiculously low. I'd say less than 0 in 20. :flipoff2:

The ones you just listed dumbass. The fact that you have to list specific people, groups and events in which New Yorkers were not dickbag authoritarian swine makes it very clear that dickbag authoritarian swine is the default state.

I am surprised that you have enough functioning brain cells to have moved 6 times. Your reasoning skills are lacking. I will not have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.

Here are the NTSB photos showing the damage (from: Schoharie limousine crash - Wikipedia )

1630986005524.png

Looks to me like they hit harder than a rollover if they pushed the front end in by 5 feet and the LF wheel by just over 4 feet.

Aaron Z

I see something fish definitely being a possibility, and also could imagine a limo company knowing the people that could make this possible. Ive personally seen deaths go way under investigated because of who the people involved were.

August 31, 2022 news from AP~

Judge nixes no-prison deal in 2018 limo crash that killed 20

A judge rejected a plea agreement that would have meant no prison time for the operator of a limousine company involved in a crash that killed 20 people in upstate New York. Wednesday's turnabout drew applause and tears from victim's relatives and plunged limo company boss Nauman Hussain into legal uncertainty.

State Supreme Court Justice Peter Lynch, who was not presiding over the case when the deal was reached up a year ago in Hussain's case, called the agreement "fundamentally flawed."

The agreement had called for Hussain to plead guilty only to the homicide counts, resulting five years of probation & 1,000 hrs of community service. Lawyers for both sides said last year the plea agreement assured a resolution in a case that would have faced an uncertain outcome if presented to a jury.

Judge Lynch gave Hussain's lawyers the choice of accepting a sentence of 1 1/3 to 4 years in prison or withdrawing his guilty plea. They choose the latter.

Defense attorney Chad Seigel said afterwards that the DOT sticker had "absolutely nothing to do with defective brakes."

"Collectively, we made a decision that it would be in the best of all involved - not only our client, but the members of the community - to put this matter behind them. A little monkey wrench was thrown in that," Seigel said. "So the judge forced our hand and we're ready for trial."

District Attorney Susan Mallery left court w/o commenting.

Hussain, who sat with his head lowered for much of the proceeding, declined comment afterward.

While the National Transportation Safety Board concluded the crash was likely caused by Prestige Limousine's "egregious disregard for safety" that resulted in brake failure, the board said ineffective state oversight contributed.

Attorneys for Hussain say he tried to maintain the limousine and relied on what he was told by state officials and a repair shop that inspected it.

Axel Steenburg rented the 2001 Ford Excursion limousine for wife's Amy's 30th birthday on Oct. 6, 2018. The party group, ranging in age 24 to 34, included Axel's brother, Amy's 3 sisters and two of their husbands, and close friends.

* I won't include the crash stuff, already on previous posts ~

Judge Lynch noted that a state Department of Transportation out-of-service sticker had been placed on the limousine a month before the crash. State police recovered the sticker from Hussain's personal car after his arrest. Prosecutors have argued that Hussain took the sticker off the limo's windshield so that he could use it for more jobs.

To the judge, Hussain's actions showed he knew the risk of putting the limousine on the road the day of the crash, and a guilty plea to only criminally negligent homicide does not reflect that. Second-degree manslaughter charges are filed when a defendant is accused of being aware of the risk of death and disregarding it. Judge Lynch called the deal "completely disingenuous and unacceptable to this court."

It would have spared Hussain prison time, angering the families of the people killed when brake failure sent a stretch limo full of birthday revelers hurtling down a hill in 2018.

The Judge's rejection caught lawyers and relatives off-guard. Family members who, moments earlier, were testifying about their grief & anger over no one being accountable for the deadly crash clapped & dabbed their eyes after the Judge's announcement.

"I can't even put into words how I feel. totally unexpected. Thank god." said Jill Richardson-Perez, the mother of limo crash victim Matthew Coons, while leaving court. "I'm in a better place now."

Kevin Cushing, who lost his son Patrick in the crash, said the families "have a hope for a bit of justice to be served in the future, where we didn't have any justice served in the past."

Defense attorney Seigel said they were "shocked" and that the Judge's move was "unheard of."

... to be continued-

What exceptions? What rule? Go fuck a blender.

(And all this from a Masshole!)

arse_sidewards: Remind me why we were fighting.

Nauman Hussein got his day in court, the jury voted to convict him on 20 counts of manslaughter & faces up to 15 years in prison. He will remain in jail until sentencing day on May 31st-
The wheels of Justice turn slowly but they do turn...

The drunk driver that killed 17 kids on that bus in Kentucky years ago served less than 7 years .
And he’s still alive . He’s never been mysteriously killed.

There was a drunk/ high punk that was swapping lanes and wound up hitting a carpool van of miners head on, killing three of them. Rural mining town. His grandparents were loaded, bought him a new truck and he kept cruising all over town like nothing happened, the crashed truck parked in the tow with the rest of his crashed trucks. A year later almost to the day him and his gf were shot dead. The sheriff comes on TV and says we all know there's too many enemies and we don't have the resources. :smokin:

Edit, day after 2 year anniversary

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh