What's new

Need a new mattress. Help!

I have a sterns n foster pillowtop plush 17" mattress its about 2k at a mattress store and 4k at macys but as a mattress salesman once asked me where do you spend 20% of your life I said sleeping his reply don't you want to be comfortable.

The zinus green tea mattresses arrived this morning at 7am.

It’s been opened and inflated. Feeling pretty good about this purchase thus far.

it was saying it hadn’t shipped until 10pm last night with a delivery by 9pm today. Was skeptical it would show up on time.

Got a a mattress protector and a set of sheets as well. Mattress protector feeling a little plastic. What protector do you guys have on your foam setups?

People still have waterbeds?

Not only that, but someone came up with a new version:

https://afloatsleep.com/

I absolutely loved my water bed when I was single and slept alone. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, and super comfy. Then the Wife (girlfriend at the time) came along and we quickly realized sleeping 2 in a water bed sucks.

I showed the new water bed site to the Wife and got shut down immediately.

Sidenote: We are rocking the Green Tea Amazon mattress and loving it. We got the additional foam topper, but ended up ditching it after the first couple nights.

I have the costco version of the zinus green tea mattress, it's more comfy than the $2k mattresses assembled by divine virgins (aka Chinese sweat shop kids)

Same. Memory foam, thick enough it doesn't need a box spring, $400 4-5 years ago. It's firmer than the old saggy spring contraption I had, but I love it.

We bought an 8" zinus green tea. Wish I would have gone thicker but I sleep way better and, as a bonus, I don't snore anywhere near as bad as before

Costco has beauty rest and others for a really good deal usually. We paid way to much for a sterns and foster but it has been sooo comfortable for the last 8 years. Once I saw them at Costco for 1/10 what we paid but haven’t seen them again.

Any mattress you buy has a massive markup and there are only a few manufactures for all the “premium” brands. Also the cheap brands rebuild used ones sometimes so beware.

So it looks like the king of cheap mattresses is Zinus Green Tea

This is what I am going to order.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q7EPY04...ing=UTF8&psc=1

However, I see the base popping up but dont see which box spring you guys have, is it necessary? Will the base count as one?
Would you guys advise against throwing it on the floor until I build my own base?

A base like whats pictured replaces the box spring. You can literally make a base to get the bed off the floor with 2x4s, plywood and cinder blocks if you wanted.

I think Im gonna order that mattress in a King for us and not tell my wife. Have it just show up, surprise! Lol

Mattress Firm has the best prices and you ask nicely you can field test it in the showroom.

Mattress Firm has the best prices and you ask nicely you can field test it in the showroom.

Man, that was our first stop. Total used car salesman feel to it. Got to chatting with the guy, and that was his previous job. He tried selling me some $5000 deal. Total sleazebag.

This is what we ended up with:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
81EJ53IhIsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Comfortable. It sits on a bed frame. Its something like 36" off the ground in total. I love the height. Not entirely sure what they meant by "cool gel". Feels no cooler than any other mattress I've slept on. Didn't break the bank either.

Top Back Refresh