What's new

Must Have YELLOW Cordless Unique Specialty Tools

I forgot, I bought the weedeater, have zero experience with any other version, so I'm happy with it, I have a trim nailer that gets used a few times a year, but really handy, a 3/8 ratchet, which is OK, but bulky

I use the heck out of my porta band. Definitely a 10/10 tool even if I don't really need the cordless version.

If you are doing a bunch of awkward sheet good cutting the atomic saw might be handy. I bought it for a siding job but since then I think I only pull it out like once a year.

That pex tool is a game changer for sure, one of my favorite tools in my yellow collection. I also have the inflator a few posts up, takes a while to inflate a 285-16 tire from 20psi to 80psi but it's easy. Also have the grease gun, it's been more reliable then the manual guns I've had.

I want the portaband, pole trimmer, small blower, bit grinder and another couple angle grinders.

If I had to start all over again I would be very tempted to go red but I've been very happy with all my 20v yellows. Each to their own.
I picked up the pole trimmer on sale. Never actually used it myself, yet. My brother has used the shit out of it though.

I forgot, I bought the weedeater, have zero experience with any other version, so I'm happy with it,
The ex-fiance got the folding one so that she could take it to her mother's when needed without worrying about fuel in her car or wrestle with getting it in and out. I used it a few times and liked it. If I didn't already have a Stihl gas powered one I'd probably get one.

String.jpg

The ex-fiance got the folding one so that she could take it to her mother's when needed without worrying about fuel in her car or wrestle with getting it in and out. I used it a few times and liked it. If I didn't already have a Stihl gas powered one I'd probably get one.

String.jpg

Yeah, I think that's the same one I have, I got a sweetheart offer to cleanup a property and it paid for itself on day one and has just been handy for an hour here and there since then, definitely the home owner level of use where battery wins over the hassle of gas

Seems like they were always a cocksucker to get bled out and actually pumping grease
Have learned when installing a new tube don’t fully tighten the threads on the tube run the gun and it will help remove air and get it pumping again. But I have had this problem with all grease guns including hand pumps

Really? I use mine daily on multiple pieces of equipment and haven’t had any issues. What makes red better?
It pumps way faster has the option to set the number of pumps per trigger pull, actually develops 10,000psi, doesn’t have a stupid over pressure valve.

I have 1 yellow grease gun and 10 Milwaukee’s. The yellow sucks.

It pumps way faster has the option to set the number of pumps per trigger pull, actually develops 10,000psi, doesn’t have a stupid over pressure valve.

I have 1 yellow grease gun and 10 Milwaukee’s. The yellow sucks.
Fair enough haha, still like mine!

Have learned when installing a new tube don’t fully tighten the threads on the tube run the gun and it will help remove air and get it pumping again. But I have had this problem with all grease guns including hand pumps

That helps for sure. But it dont solve the problem.

We were going through near a box of grease every day. Every so often we would get a dewalt that wasnt a prissy lil bitch. But most were fairly finicky.

I stole a lincoln grease gun and ran that bitch till the batteries tapped out. Was a damn good grease gun, just the batteries didnt fit anything else.

Gimmee a red one:flipoff2:

Hmm I need to try this. The ole hoe definitely needs some grease

A few that I have found

Outdoors - Their chainsaw stuff is great for homeowner/camping stuff. I've got the 20v model with a swapped bar and the one handed 8" 20v. Both hit well above their weight class and have impressed me. Sure if I was cutting all day for firewood a gas saw would be better but for cleaning up, cutting logs while camping, clearing roads, etc they are great. Just wish I could find a better case for the 20v normal saw

Woodworking -
The 20v trim router is super handy. I always kept a palm router with a 1/8" roundover almost permantly in it for breaking edges. Now it being cordless makes it even handier

Narrow crown stapler/brad nailer - heavy on bigger jobs but when you are just tacking stuff together and dont need the compressor, air hoses, etc its great. Take it in the house for assembly or trim work without needing to figure out air is great

Anybody used the pruners?
Those pruners are pretty badass I enjoy the shit out of using them but you def gotta watch your fingers.

I use em for both yardwork and did a little bit of PVC/conduit demo work and it worked good.

Blade gets a little wonky on the bigger stuff but I just keep mashing the trigger until it cuts through :laughing:

Anybody used the pruners?

1709324315117.png

Those pruners are pretty badass I enjoy the shit out of using them but you def gotta watch your fingers.

I use em for both yardwork and did a little bit of PVC/conduit demo work and it worked good.

Blade gets a little wonky on the bigger stuff but I just keep mashing the trigger until it cuts through :laughing:

Everything said above. I think they're more dangerous than a gun.

But they're awesome for ripping trough grape vines honey suckle.

The oscillating multi tool was really helpful in my Kitchen reno. With the steel cutting blades it could get into places and cut rotted nails better than a sawzall. Half moon wood blade great for plunge cutting holes in existing subfloor. The sander head is helpful at times.

The pole saw isn't bad but the extensions are sectional rather than extending which means you leave the extension on the ground and have to go get it when you need the extra height. Other heads are available.

Invest in various size batteries. Nice to use the smaller lighter ones in low demand places like fans or light duty drilling and tire yourself out carrying the large 6amp one for no reason.

Invest in various size batteries. Nice to use the smaller lighter ones in low demand places like fans or light duty drilling and tire yourself out carrying the large 6amp one for no reason.
I bought a bunch of the little batteries, maybe 2ah or so on Amazon sale. Real DeWalt but they were clearing them out for like 20 bucks. A ton of time those work fine and it does make for lighter tools than the big 5+ ah ones

Oh, I forgot the fan. Bought it on a whim for camping. That single tool has more hours than any other tool I've got. Use it camping, one batt will last 3 nights on low. But I also use it for drying stuff out, around the grills when bugs are bad, all the time

A number of the tools being discussed have deals on them from Fasteners Inc: Promotions
  • DeWalt Cordless Lights
  • Buy a DeWalt Bare Tool and get one or two free PowerStack Batteries
  • DeWalt Batteries and Chargers
  • DeWalt Bare Tools
  • DeWalt Socket Sets
  • DeWalt Cordless Tool Sets
  • DeWalt Spend $75/$250/$750 get $5/$25/$80 (this looks like it stacks on top of the other discounts)

I have the same stuff everyone has mentioned. The vacuum is a game changer, my fiance has basically stolen it because it's so handy. I accidently ended up with some of the 12v max stuff and it's really surprising how much I use it. The impact is small enough to get in tight places and it fits in my buggy.

1709905373424.png

Has anyone had issues with the drill chucks on Dewalt shit? Years ago I bought a combo pack...all cheaper brushed stuff that came with a drill. The chuck was shit. I found an old 18V Dewalt for free and swapped the chuck from that and it still slips like crazy on round shank drills (which are all my drills). Do the higher line drills have better chucks?

Has anyone had issues with the drill chucks on Dewalt shit? Years ago I bought a combo pack...all cheaper brushed stuff that came with a drill. The chuck was shit. I found an old 18V Dewalt for free and swapped the chuck from that and it still slips like crazy on round shank drills (which are all my drills). Do the higher line drills have better chucks?
Yes. The chucks definately are directly related to the line of the drill. But I've found all the dewalt chucks are better than the equivalent milwaukees

My DCD996B I bought in 2019 has a garbage chuck. I thought it was the high end drill, but the chuck definitely sucks.

My DCD996B I bought in 2019 has a garbage chuck. I thought it was the high end drill, but the chuck definitely sucks.
That's what I feared. I may find a nice keyed chuck for it. Maybe it's because I'm using good drills and not home depot junk....but they don't slip in my mill or lathe chucks, just in the stupid dewalt.

Years ago I was looking at some Rohm keyless chucks but couldn't bring myself to through $140 at one for a $100 drill....they seem to be in the $50 range, maybe I'll try one on of those?

Exactly the same thought process I went through. I didn't want to spend the money on a nice chuck, lol. Give it a shot, let us know how you like it.

I had a large bit once get partially stuck in my older 996, but I really forced the issue getting it in there and eventually got it free. It also sometimes ratchets but doesn't tighten which is weird.

Otherwise, never any issues with bits slipping or anything with the rest of my drills, so might just be their old chucks?

My neighbor works for the Yellow
We have everything.

Most used are the fans, the 3/8 ratchet, regular impacts, nail guns, sawzall, 60v grinders.

Love the pole saw and hedge trimmer, blowers are fine for sweeping the floors but need the gassers for leaves

Mini shop vac is awesome for the boat, doubles as inflator for toys.

ALL my chucks (cld Craftsman C3) suuuuuuck at not slipping. But not bad enough I change them out. :laughing:

I wish they'd just give you holes in the OD so you could use spanners.

Top Back Refresh