Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest photos

Group events

South East Irates

Monthly trail ride planning thread

I should be at GER this sat as well along with a few of buds.
Have fun out there! Some more of the club will be there Sat/sunday. I'm not done with the jeep. We will probably reschedule to Memorial day.

Have fun out there! Some more of the club will be there Sat/sunday. I'm not done with the jeep. We will probably reschedule to Memorial day.
i think i saw a facespace post that a bunch of the SV4W will be there Memorial weekend.

Cabins are nice enough for a weekend stay. They aren't so much cabins (like at Harlan or Hawk Pride), but they are more like the tiny home/storage sheds with nicer insides.

Most have bunk beds that sleep anywhere from 2-8, heat/ac, power, etc. Some have mini kitchens in them as well, but none have bathrooms. Bathhouse/bathrooms are across the field, but still a walk able distance.

Bathrooms/bathhouses are nice enough as well. 4 shower stalls for men and 4 on the women's side, plus an handful of toilets in the bath houses too. Plus there are standard bathrooms in the picnic area too.

The Farmhouse is a legit house (so multiple rooms, full bathrooms, kitchen, living room etc), so ideal for larger groups.

They are all listed on their website, but most of them (farmhouse excluded) do not included interior pictures.

Thanks!

Harlan trip in the bag, 4 rigs, good times! Only issues was one of my hydro ram lines kept popping off at the ram, replaced the 45* fitting with a 90* on the 3rd time and the issue was fixed. No other issues!
1000002191.jpg

1000002187.jpg

1000002184.jpg

1000002158.jpg

1000002179.jpg

1000002182.jpg

Thinking about moving the June ride to windrock, thoughts? I took a ride over to leather wood and, while huge, the trails look like the connecting roads at Harlan with a sparse campground.

Thinking about moving the June ride to windrock, thoughts? I took a ride over to leather wood and, while huge, the trails look like the connecting roads at Harlan with a sparse campground.
With that info, Windrock would be the better location for sure. Much better campgrounds and much better variety of trails from gravel to difficult.

Maybe Wfoyota will be available to show y’all how to party.

Last edited:
Looks like ill be at the beach that weekend which is all the suck. For Windrock, basically the "hard" loop on the southside consists of 15, 46 (little mule), 38 (schoolbus), rattle rock, down 26 to 44, 44 and dinosaur (not mapped), 39, 40 (rail trail), 3. Thats all you want in one day if you aint screwing around.
16 should be getting good as they are no longer fixing it
41a and b is good to mess around on
83 and 82 is nothing hard but 82 is a neat trail. Big ledge on 82 on the g33 side. Recommend going down it.
75 is always a good ride for a day burner if not in a hurry.

Looks like ill be at the beach that weekend which is all the suck. For Windrock, basically the "hard" loop on the southside consists of 15, 46 (little mule), 38 (schoolbus), rattle rock, down 26 to 44, 44 and dinosaur (not mapped), 39, 40 (rail trail), 3. Thats all you want in one day if you aint screwing around.
83 and 82 is nothing hard but 82 is a neat trail. Big ledge on 82 on the g33 side. Recommend going down it.
Cool! Thanks for the list, I don't know how much of that we will get done on full body, streetable rigs but gives me some ideas. I have only been there once and accidently ended up on the rail trail and ran it backwards to chaddilac hill and winched up that for a few hours, so one of my goals with this trip is to see some other parts of the park besides that. Where exactly is the dinosaur trail located? I was watching it on a damnit Tammy lets ride vid and it looks pretty cool.

Cool! Thanks for the list, I don't know how much of that we will get done on full body, streetable rigs but gives me some ideas. I have only been there once and accidently ended up on the rail trail and ran it backwards to chaddilac hill and winched up that for a few hours, so one of my goals with this trip is to see some other parts of the park besides that. Where exactly is the dinosaur trail located? I was watching it on a damnit Tammy lets ride vid and it looks pretty cool.
When you enter 44, you dont go far and will cross a dry creek runoff area. 44 runs right beside it but instead, just turn straight up the dry creek. It will loop at the top and come back into itself. Do not recommend in full body you care about due to the hill climb at the end and the steep cliff you drive off of.

If you want to explore, go north and head to the flats at the very end of 54.

When you enter 44, you dont go far and will cross a dry creek runoff area. 44 runs right beside it but instead, just turn straight up the dry creek. It will loop at the top and come back into itself. Do not recommend in full body you care about due to the hill climb at the end and the steep cliff you drive off of.

If you want to explore, go north and head to the flats at the very end of 54.
Good to know, thanks!

Dang ole' schedules getting in the way of things, but at least you were able to share some insight for them.

Yall still planning on WV for August?

We hit Ivy Sat. We ran KB, Cable and Ladder. (95, 93 and 97 on old map.) 7 rigs, one on 37s, one on 38's, two on 43 stickys and everyone else on 40s.

No one made the first waterfall on KB, only three of use made the big fall on cable, only one of use even tried the last under cut ledge (denied). Superduty 60 killed a ujoint and pushed out the BJ's on ladder, spent a while getting him extracted. took all day (10hrs) with a mixed group. Ive never seen Ivy this dry.

Cabins at the Ivy rail head are finally open for rental.

We hit Bearwallow a few weeks ago. we ran purgatory and double barrel and some of the trails in the 40s on the map. Everything was slimy so everyone rode the struggle bus. We ran GER two weeks ago and as always its a great time. Its changing rapidly with all of the bouncers hitting the park. good times for sure.

Yall still planning on WV for August?

We hit Ivy Sat. We ran KB, Cable and Ladder. (95, 93 and 97 on old map.) 7 rigs, one on 37s, one on 38's, two on 43 stickys and everyone else on 40s.

No one made the first waterfall on KB, only three of use made the big fall on cable, only one of use even tried the last under cut ledge (denied). Superduty 60 killed a ujoint and pushed out the BJ's on ladder, spent a while getting him extracted. took all day (10hrs) with a mixed group. Ive never seen Ivy this dry.

Cabins at the Ivy rail head are finally open for rental.

We hit Bearwallow a few weeks ago. we ran purgatory and double barrel and some of the trails in the 40s on the map. Everything was slimy so everyone rode the struggle bus. We ran GER two weeks ago and as always its a great time. Its changing rapidly with all of the bouncers hitting the park. good times for sure.
I can't make an august trip.

is it going to be open other than labor day? i hadnt seen that, i hope it's true tho. fml i can't wait to go back there.
One of GMP's post this week (or Comments within the post) said they planned to be opened every other weekend starting with Labor Day.

It's open evrey other weekend. Your welcome to come ride with us on the weekend of the 15th.
that is my finace's bday soooo that probably wont be a good idea lol.

One of GMP's post this week (or Comments within the post) said they planned to be opened every other weekend starting with Labor Day.

sweet. i can't wait. might do the bachelor ride there

Top Back Refresh