Group events

South East Irates

Monthly trail ride planning thread

Slander

Team no stickys
Member Number
Loc
Hickory, NC
As posted in general 4x4, looking at setting up a monthly trail ride because we'll we are all here to wheel. This will be like an old school type forum ride, bring your own food, figure out your own lodging, show up and wheel with like minded people. Bring whatever rig you want and we will split the group, or ride what the group generally agrees to. So don't be scared if you have a mild wheeler, or feel like we will be on bunny shit if you have buggy, we will figure it out the day of.

Looking at the following dates, locations TBD and that will get posted up in the events section.
April 18-21 - good evening ranch?
May 9-12 - Harlan Ky
June 13-16 Leatherwood Ky
July 18-21 - AOP TN
Aug 15-18 - ivy branch or bear wallow WV?
September 12-15 - Hollerwood Ky

Those are proposed locations and dates, let me know your thoughts and we can start locking in dates. I have them down as a thursday to Sunday. Realistically Thursday is an arrive day and Sunday is some wheeling in the morning and or just leave, wheeling would be primarily Friday and Sat.

Pending 2024 race schedule, I'm in for Hollerwood and Leatherwood.

April is a maybe.
May is Mother's day. Gotta keep the wife happy.
June is my granddaughter's graduation.
July is a no.
Aug & Sept are maybe's

Thanks for making the effort to make this happen. :cool2:

Thanks for putting this together. Got a handful of places listed I’ve heard about but not been to yet which is cool.

I’d love to see Hawk Pride on that list of possibilities as well but beggars can’t be choosers.

Last edited:
If I have the buggy done by August I’m in for August and September. If the buggy isn’t done, I’m out permanently.

I fucked my Tracker all up with the front locker and hate it and I’m done dicking with it. :flipoff2:

I need to know where these places are at. I am waiting for another job to start so I have weekends off again. Can hardly wait to go wheeling again. My runner is the closest to wheeling. i just need to get the sliders on, rear bumper built, and quite possibly the trans rebuilt. I think the t case may have been sawn open a little on the drive from CA (front manual hubs locked for 2300 miles at 80 mph). I got a funky atf leak at the area of the trans mount. But I have a whole nother trans/tcase and full rebuild kit here to put in it.

The 73 needs a lot of work. the 4runner at best is a mild wheeler with 5.29's locked rear, 37's, and rear 63's.

And if any of you fuckers need some stuff, I have bender, roller, welders, bend tech.....just no concrete pad, and I have to wire my shop for compressor and welders.

Thanks for putting this together. Got a handful of places listed I’ve heard about but not been to yet which is cool.

I’d love to see Hawk Pride on that list of possibilities as well but beggars can’t be choosers.
Yea I need to get that one in, probably my favorite park, October?

So is this 100% irate invite only? Have some solid wheeling friends who are afraid of all youuzzz meanies :lmao: and don't do the forum stuff.
A couple would be pretty sad to not get the invite.

So is this 100% irate invite only? Have some solid wheeling friends who are afraid of all youuzzz meanies :lmao: and don't do the forum stuff.
Nope!!! Anyone can come, it's just this group feature for this SE can be kinda dumb.

Great idea putting this together. Time to get vacation on the calendar!

I’m good with May but April is probably a no go since I’m racing near Cincinnati that weekend.

I need to know where these places are at. I am waiting for another job to start so I have weekends off again. Can hardly wait to go wheeling again. My runner is the closest to wheeling. i just need to get the sliders on, rear bumper built, and quite possibly the trans rebuilt. I think the t case may have been sawn open a little on the drive from CA (front manual hubs locked for 2300 miles at 80 mph). I got a funky atf leak at the area of the trans mount. But I have a whole nother trans/tcase and full rebuild kit here to put in it.

The 73 needs a lot of work. the 4runner at best is a mild wheeler with 5.29's locked rear, 37's, and rear 63's.
Good evening ranch, canvas WV - Good Evening Ranch - Google Search
Harlan KY - Harlan County Campground & RV - Google Search
Leatherwood Ky - Home - Leatherwood Off-Road Park
AOP South Pittsburg TN - Adventure Off Road Park
Ivy branch and bear wallow are part of Hatfield McCoy trail system in WV
Hollerwood Ky - Hollerwood Offroad Adventure Park | Stanton, KY

That 4runner on 37s is perfect for most of the wheeling down here. Even if you don't have a working rig, come out someone will probably have a pax seat.

Thank you. i will start looking into it. At the very worst, i will use the ideal heated knife on the seqouia all terrains. turn them into little boggers.

Yea I need to get that one in, probably my favorite park, October?
Hawk Pride in the fall sounds like a plan there. May be at Harlan the weekend of 4-6, but should be open otherwise.

Bring ‘em on. Seems to be a “hey I’ll be here at this time and if we meet up great, but if not, da well” type of a ride planning.

Ill have to look at racing schedule also. Will try to make one of these though! Love to make the aop trip but pretty sure its same weekend as werock in Dayton. Btw, riding windrock this weekend pending weather if any takers, send me a message.

I’m kinda digging the old school run what u brung vibe. And although our trips over the past few years have been dedicated hardcore runs, a general wheeling trip with a mixed group sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Looking at Good Evening Ranch, looks like they are doing Saddle Series that weekend unless that's their 2023 schedule.

Ill have to look at racing schedule also. Will try to make one of these though! Love to make the aop trip but pretty sure its same weekend as werock in Dayton. Btw, riding windrock this weekend pending weather if any takers, send me a message.
Dayton is the weekend before.

Ultra4 in Pennsylvania is the following weekend though.

Looking at Good Evening Ranch, looks like they are doing Saddle Series that weekend unless that's their 2023 schedule.

Shit I gotta send them an email and find out

I’m kinda digging the old school run what u brung vibe. And although our trips over the past few years have been dedicated hardcore runs, a general wheeling trip with a mixed group sounds good. Looking forward to it.
I miss the forum runs of bygone years, so that's the vibe I'm going for. I tried to pick places where you can have fun with a mixed group. Like GER a lot of the hardcore stuff has bypasses or is offshoots of the main trail so people can put tires on stuff or watch buggys/people who DGAF get dumb on obstacles. Harlan is the same except for Mason jar. The only wild card is Hollerwood as I haven't been there since 2001, but whatever we will figure it out.

I miss the forum runs of bygone years, so that's the vibe I'm going for. I tried to pick places where you can have fun with a mixed group. Like GER a lot of the hardcore stuff has bypasses or is offshoots of the main trail so people can put tires on stuff or watch buggys/people who DGAF get dumb on obstacles. Harlan is the same except for Mason jar. The only wild card is Hollerwood as I haven't been there since 2001, but whatever we will figure it out.
That’s the way wheeling should be. Everyone can do whatever they feel like on the trails and then come back to camp to hang out with their fake internet friends.

I'm a nobody newb here, but once this Tacoma is done(ish) I'll be looking to try some harder stuff with people who know how to drive in hard stuff.

Hollerwood is like an hour from my house so if I'm free that weekend in Sept I'll at least come ride shotgun with someone, if not bounce around the small tire trails in my daily.

I'm a nobody newb here, but once this Tacoma is done(ish) I'll be looking to try some harder stuff with people who know how to drive in hard stuff.

Hollerwood is like an hour from my house so if I'm free that weekend in Sept I'll at least come ride shotgun with someone, if not bounce around the small tire trails in my daily.
Sweet, c'mon out!!!

Top Back Refresh