Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

South East Irates

Monthly trail ride planning thread

Good info thanks!! As for GER, still prepping the truck, it's still in a few hundred pieces, but still going obviously:laughing:!! I have a few non irate members that say they are coming as well, so should be a decent sized group.

I know its months away but a few of my crew is hitting HMC Bearwallow Saturday. Its been a year since we have been there so I will let you guys know how its changed.

We were at GER a few weeks ago. Gets better every time we go.

I’m out for the April ride but plan on hitting up the June one at AOP and maybe another one or two depending on how the cookie crumbles.

Me and probably 3 other people added to that.

And thank you for driving up my anxiety by reminding me we are a month out and my truck still is in pieces:laughing:

Trucks working, just need some final work to button it up to get it into wheeling configuration (bumps, fender trim, reseal the ram, fluid change) and I'll be good to go!!!

Slander you better get working on your anti-rain dance. :flipoff2: Not looking too good.:eek:

1712938195002.png

Slander you better get working on your anti-rain dance. :flipoff2: Not looking too good.:eek:

1712938195002.png
Hahaha, at least they aren't calling for snow.... yet!! Looks like it may be a bit cold camping:laughing:

First time I ever went there, it's was 75, then 10hrs later there was a foot of snow on the ground:eek:

It has been a full on Monsoon lately, currently lots of flash flooding and still raining.
GER should be fun. The bouncer race last weekend gutted the "Honey Hole" area so it should be more fun now too.
Yall stay high and dry and watch out for the nasty spring storms. We had 15 confirmed tornados across parts of WV one day last week.

It has been a full on Monsoon lately, currently lots of flash flooding and still raining.
GER should be fun. The bouncer race last weekend gutted the "Honey Hole" area so it should be more fun now too.
Yall stay high and dry and watch out for the nasty spring storms. We had 15 confirmed tornados across parts of WV one day last week.
Yup same here in NC. I don't even check the weather until the day before trips as it seems to change every day anyway:laughing:

Well we are staying in a cabin so you can call us pussies.
A little rain is no big deal but hoping it’s dry.
Defiantly not, the cabins are nice there! I'm cheap and I forget until the last min to even think of reserving one so I always miss out!! At least I'll have a porch to drink beers on:laughing:

Let me know if anyone makes the left or center line on Bourbon Street. I got denied hard on the center, couldnt even get the rear up the undercut so I didnt even try the left. Ended up taking the right side between the trees. A lot of the undercuts are getting deep on most of the hard stuff or bonus lines. Two or three trips ago i tried the notch on the right of the house sized rock at the very top on Rubicon and again denied hard. I worked it for a while but the dang undercut is like a foot taller than my 43's. Maybe with rear steer.

I watched a video of GER that was pretty recent and was surprised how much has changed since last year this time. It poured most of the time there last year. We ate and slept during the worst of it. Used a lot of 2nd gear though!

GER has changed a bunch in the last year. Lots of trail bouncers with lots of HP and wheel speed making some huge holes. A few rocks in the old line on the middle section of Cripple have moved and its super tough now but some stuff on lower Cripple is a little easier.
Rubicon is getting really fun, tons and tons of lines as it widens out. There are some sneaky holes that can belly you out quickly. Not a long or overly difficult trail but as easy/hard as you want to make it with all of the line choices.

I watched a video of GER that was pretty recent and was surprised how much has changed since last year this time. It poured most of the time there last year. We ate and slept during the worst of it. Used a lot of 2nd gear though!
Isn't that the only option for wheeling east of the Mississippi :confused::lmao:

Thanks. I’ve never used onX

We have one rear steer car. The rest on 39-43 stickie Jeeps to buggies. As lazy as I am, I haven't looked at what we are doing till now. LOL What's your take on difficulty scale of red vs purple? (difficult to extreme)

We have one rear steer car. The rest on 39-43 stickie Jeeps to buggies. As lazy as I am, I haven't looked at what we are doing till now. LOL What's your take on difficulty scale of red vs purple? (difficult to extreme)
And my junk pile on 37s lol!! Most of the trails are a choose your own adventure type setup where there are different lines throughout, not too many death climbs which is nice for a south eastern park. I heard a great description of the place on a podcast: the stuff that looks easy is usually hard, and the stuff that looks hard is somehow easy.
Hey YJ4Rox how many bypasses are there on cripple? I usually break or someone else breaks and we never make it to there.

And my junk pile on 37s lol!! Most of the trails are a choose your own adventure type setup where there are different lines throughout, not too many death climbs which is nice for a south eastern park. I heard a great description of the place on a podcast: the stuff that looks easy is usually hard, and the stuff that looks hard is somehow easy.
Hey YJ4Rox how many bypasses are there on cripple? I usually break or someone else breaks and we never make it to there.
How many you got coming? I'm not getting the feel for much of a turnout.

Gotta use all that Toyota power!
I have the ground pounding 3.4L V6 :laughing:

From what I noticed you either have to be barely moving in double on the muddy rocks and it will crawl it, or pinned it in 4.7:1 and 3rd, there's no middle

of course it depends on how muddy it is and wheel base/track width. Narrow rigs have ability to avoid some of the trail bouncer holes and walk stuff that a wide axle will struggle on.

IMO the purples are mainly "extreme" because there are not many optional lines or only one line like Keyhole.

Rubicon, Cripple and Chadalac are reds but have purple options in them. Honey Hole is purple but there are lines a rig on 35-37's can run and lines comp cars struggle on. Its basically just a big play area and the main Comp area.

For example if you start on Rubicon at the bottom and run all the hard lines including the gate keeper rock, can opener, bourbon and the squeeze its 100% a purple and IMO the best true crawling "trail". But you can take a JK on 35's on it and hit all the bypasses and its a blue.

Burkey brings a Busted knuckle group a couple of times a year and they easily spend two days beating on stuff.

There is also a trail i dont see on the map called Mich Ultra. Its a big slab rock climb that if its slick its a bitch, then you snake out a little ridge then drop off a nice rock. Its fun.

OnX is pretty good especially for Haifield McCoy stuff.

Full disclaimer, I give zero fucks about body, paint or glass. If you have someone that wants to avoid body damage the ratings go up for sure. You can get a full body rig in a pickle and tear shit up pretty quick on the reds.

I have the ground pounding 3.4L V6 :laughing:

From what I noticed you either have to be barely moving in double on the muddy rocks and it will crawl it, or pinned it in 4.7:1 and 3rd, there's no middle
Ground pounding :lmao:

I was 90% sure you had the V6 or else I would have said squirrel/hamster horsepressures.

Top Back Refresh