What's new

MMW Dana 300 waiting list

I'm still waiting on my complete MMW case. Ordered in early Feb of 2022. I was told 8 week lead time when I ordered and paid in full. The communication has been okay I guess. I have to message them to get any kind of update. They always respond but I think they should be sending me monthly updates without me asking.
I was supposedly 9th in line 4 months ago, then 6th in line on November 16th.
Now they tell me it should ship after the first of the year. I don't believe them.
The problem the entire time has been the 32spline input shaft.
They should throw in some store credit or something. Glad I've waited to tear my rig down but now it's looking like my tear down with be a spring/summer project instead of winter.

I thought the procurement problem was the 32 spline front output for MMW?? I hope everyone gets the parts they order as it seems like a quality housing. Machine work is excellent.

I have driven my My buddies rig and his MMW case has leaked from day one. It also has major chatter on decel from the rear output.

Honestly Im suprised JB conversions hasnt just started making cases since most case shops use the JB internals.

I am pretty sure i saw a social media post where Behemoth is making there own front outputs. probably how they have reduced lead times. Time will tell but at least they are posting lead times. $4600 for a complete case seems excessive even with raw material prices through the roof. Id just wait the 20wks for an atlas @$3400 for a trail series.

For 20 years an Atlas was $2000-$2300, a built d300(Stak case) was basically the same. In 5 years we've gone to $3500-$5000 for some of the t-cases I've seen and a lead time of maybe?! I don't have an answer and I'm not about to start machining these things but holy crap this is getting out of hand...

If advance adapters had a more reasonable lead time, would anyone care about these other manufacturers? The Atlas is less expensive, has more options, and has a very proven track record. The only issue I see is the lead time.

If advance adapters had a more reasonable lead time, would anyone care about these other manufacturers? The Atlas is less expensive, has more options, and has a very proven track record. The only issue I see is the lead time.
The advantage to the D300 is size, particularly in a portal buggy where the case strength isn't an issue. The stock D300 is fine for most portal buggies, but they are a tossup on how smoothly they shift. And you are stuck with passenger drop (which most portal buggies are....)

The MMW300 adds some packaging advantages,, including front/rear shift rail positioning. My MMW300 has arguably been issue free and installed for over a year. My gripes are minimal.

MMW has a growth issue, and has unfortunately failed miserably in managing it...I was an "early adopter" and literally have a box filled with outdated parts that changed between getting the case and actually installing. My advantage was only needing the replace-a-case parts, I already had a 32sp front and rear output and all the rest.

Yeah there was a supplier issue with one of the parts but that is worked out now. Guess I'm not pissed or annoyed at all. Anyone that has bought anything in the last year should have learned that estimate lead times are out the window. Not sure why a custom made xyz would be any different. I also understand that a small shop not "providing" updates. I'd rather have the folks focus on the machining and when I want an update I can email them. They respond to all of my email so no biggie to me.

Yeah there was a supplier issue with one of the parts but that is worked out now. Guess I'm not pissed or annoyed at all. Anyone that has bought anything in the last year should have learned that estimate lead times are out the window. Not sure why a custom made xyz would be any different. I also understand that a small shop not "providing" updates. I'd rather have the folks focus on the machining and when I want an update I can email them. They respond to all of my email so no biggie to me.
NWF was much like this. But same issues with heat treating being outsourced on input gears. A lot of these small businesses have had people quit, retire, never show up... Etc.

I already posted this info in my buggy thread, but I'll post it here as well I guess.

I ordered on August 5th this year, and at the time, they were advertising a 10-12 week lead time and everything I was reading was very positive. I followed their Facebook page and it looked like they were having problems getting enough rear output shafts, but have since started making their own in-house. I contacted them earlier this month after waiting 19 weeks and was told on 12/19 that I was/am 70th in line and I should expect delivery in the first quarter of 2023. Right now on their website, they are advertising a 14-16 week lead time :shaking:

Around this same time I found out there were people who ordered back in January-March of 2022 who are still waiting :eek: Had I known that at the time I ordered, I would have ordered an Atlas. It pissed me off enough I considered ordering an Atlas anyway and just selling the one that shows up later, but they are advertising a 18-20 week lead time at the moment. If Midnight Metalworks isn't full of shit, I should still get their case a month or two earlier if they deliver by 3/31/23.

Damn. I “built” a d300 with lomax and 32 spline rear output for my Cherokee but didn’t like the leak after flipping and how short it made my driveline. This was about the time I saw behemoth and MMW showcasing their new products which were very tempting.

I bailed on the whole thing and bought a eco box and ford 205. I know some people don’t have the desire for that but it was the next best option for the money. :smokin:

I ordered mine on Feb 23 of last year. I email them every six weeks or so and they respond quickly. At this point they say I'm #12 on the waiting list and it should be shipped soon so I might as well wait a little longer. I do hope they can get everything sorted out because the more company's we have making products like this the better off we are. I thought about it for a good bit before I ordered the TC in the first place and went in with the assumption that things could get bumpy with a start-up like MMW so I'm not surprised this happened. I decided to take the chance to help a new place out and if it bites me in the ass I guess I will have brought it on myself. 🤞

At least with the mmw D300 case, if they go belly up. All the parts are just D300 parts. Unlike when the staks were having all the problems popping out of mid range and people were pretty much shit outta luck.

Also, I'm still surprised the 3 spd case hasn't became main stream. Seems like a great compromise. Not like many people use double low with a 4spd atlas, unless it's a 2.0 rear case.

I saw Rory got the MMW 205 protype to test the other day. Not sure if that's gonna help or hurt you guys waiting on D300s though. I'd hope they'd get caught up on the D300s while the 205s are tested in the wild.

I saw Rory got the MMW 205 protype to test the other day. Not sure if that's gonna help or hurt you guys waiting on D300s though. I'd hope they'd get caught up on the D300s while the 205s are tested in the wild.

What's the big advantage of the mmw case for a 205? Just wieght reduction? Anyone know how much?

I guess the ability to go from 2:1 to 3:1, but good God those gears are expensive.

With 205s getting harder to find maybe using gm or dodge guts for driver drop may be a nice bonus.

Same features as the D300 it seems but it looks a good bit easier to package than stock. Honestly I don't really know what's interchangeable in 205s. Perhaps it allows use of different versions/makes parts easier to source too.

image_5c1bff23-7aa8-4a30-84eb-c9a7223e20eb_1080x.jpg

I ordered mine on Feb 23 of last year. I email them every six weeks or so and they respond quickly. At this point they say I'm #12 on the waiting list and it should be shipped soon so I might as well wait a little longer. I do hope they can get everything sorted out because the more company's we have making products like this the better off we are. I thought about it for a good bit before I ordered the TC in the first place and went in with the assumption that things could get bumpy with a start-up like MMW so I'm not surprised this happened. I decided to take the chance to help a new place out and if it bites me in the ass I guess I will have brought it on myself. 🤞
4 ahead of me.

Same features as the D300 it seems but it looks a good bit easier to package than stock. Honestly I don't really know what's interchangeable in 205s. Perhaps it allows use of different versions/makes parts easier to source too.

I thought the big advantage of the billet case for the D300 was that it fixes the housing itself being the weak point. I didn't think the 205 had the same issue.

Does look really nice next to that giant iron chunk though.

For 20 years an Atlas was $2000-$2300, a built d300(Stak case) was basically the same. In 5 years we've gone to $3500-$5000 for some of the t-cases I've seen and a lead time of maybe?! I don't have an answer and I'm not about to start machining these things but holy crap this is getting out of hand...

IrateYuppieoffroad.com

I dont have $5k invested in a single rig. Go out, watch, have fun, and let the $5k tcase snobs destroy their shit.

Sport has evolved from what junk yard concoction works best, to have much you can brag about spending.

Look at Doug, $12k and still no axles. #streetcred.

I thought the big advantage of the billet case for the D300 was that it fixes the housing itself being the weak point. I didn't think the 205 had the same issue.

Does look really nice next to that giant iron chunk

Meant more like the universal design making the case fit either side drop.

Uppity sombitchs

y'all never stacked two np231 back to back, doubled up toyota/sm465 transmissions, or cut 241s in half..... and it's showing. :flipoff2:

I don't understand the 300 struggle, the market has been screaming for a replacement for years.

Uppity sombitchs

y'all never stacked two np231 back to back, doubled up toyota/sm465 transmissions, or cut 241s in half..... and it's showing. :flipoff2:

I don't understand the 300 struggle, the market has been screaming for a replacement for years.

There has been replacements available for quite a while, maybe with a gap for a bit.

The problem was that the replacement case was 1/3rd or more of an atlas. Then if you add up all the parts you're actually over the price of an atlas.

The other thing is that if you're going to build ready to run tcases, why sell a replacement D300 case?

The oddest thing to me is no one else has provided gears except the Lomax 4-1. They stop selling them and this whole thing is on hold. Everyone talks how they are gonna make gears but till they do you're stuck with 1 source.

Sean Devinny seemed to be able to at least break even if not profit making billet samurai cases. If he can do it on such limited runs id think it would be easy for someone to have a few hundred punched out.

Maybe the margins are to low for how long you have to sit on the product.

I talked to Sean many times about that.
There is no money in it, that's why he stopped doing it.

I've held in my hands all the TCases out there. Billet Samurai, Atlas, Stak, Hero, SCS, MMW, outside of the Behemoth. They all have pros and cons.

The SCS is bulletproof and you can make it 2 speed with a Magnum ORD box in front of it. But SCS supply sucks (sometimes you wait 2 weeks sometimes 10) and they send the wrong gears for them half the time. But they're my "retarded" driver and HP choice.

Atlas for everything else.

I wish someone would come up with an aftermarket TCase with a high range lower than 1:1

Last edited:
IrateYuppieoffroad.com

I dont have $5k invested in a single rig. Go out, watch, have fun, and let the $5k tcase snobs destroy their shit.

Sport has evolved from what junk yard concoction works best, to have much you can brag about spending.

Look at Doug, $12k and still no axles. #streetcred.
Texan clock is right twice a day. :flipoff2:

There has been replacements available for quite a while, maybe with a gap for a bit.

The problem was that the replacement case was 1/3rd or more of an atlas. Then if you add up all the parts you're actually over the price of an atlas.

The other thing is that if you're going to build ready to run tcases, why sell a replacement D300 case?
When I got my Stak 300, it was the same price as an Atlas. Its smaller, lighter and shorter. If they were the same price, I'd still go d300 today...

I wish someone would come up with an aftermarket TCase with a high range lower than 1:1
Doesn't the SCS case do that essentially? Couldn't you spec what final drive ratio you wanted, then slap the ORD box on front for a low range option. I think then the only thing you'd really need is some form of disconnectable outputs for front or rear digs.

Personally I'm surprised someone doesn't have a case that is more like legos. Something where all the outputs are the same and can be swapped into any position. That way you could buy one case and just flip things around to make it pass or driver drop, or go from a centered rear output to an offset rear output.

Doesn't the SCS case do that essentially? Couldn't you spec what final drive ratio you wanted, then slap the ORD box on front for a low range option.

This is what I did for the U4 team I work with.
Problem : The ratios aren't good for what I would like for my personal car.

Ideally, 1,5:1 high range and 3:1 low range.

I think then the only thing you'd really need is some form of disconnectable outputs for front or rear digs.
SCS makes an output disconnect, but it increases the length of the case.

Personally I'm surprised someone doesn't have a case that is more like legos. Something where all the outputs are the same and can be swapped into any position. That way you could buy one case and just flip things around to make it pass or driver drop,
You're describing an SCS case or the Atlas with the Edelbrock casting or the Hero.

or go from a centered rear output to an offset rear output.
That can't be done without adding or removing gears...

Last edited:
This is what I did for the U4 team I work with.
Problem : The ratios aren't good for what I would like for my personal car.

Ideally, 1,5:1 high range and 3:1 low range.

SCS makes an output disconnect, but it increases the length of the case.

You're describing an SCS case or the Atlas with the Edelbrock casting or the Hero.

That can't be done without adding or removing gears...
1.5:1 high range with a 2.7 reduction unit is 4.05:1 low range. Maybe not good in the east, but should be good out west for technical wheeling. I get what your saying though.

I wasn't aware the Atlas had similar outputs all the way around. Also thought cases were only left or righthand drop.

Can't be done with current offerings, but could be done.

I wasn't aware the Atlas had similar outputs all the way around. Also thought cases were only left or righthand drop.
Advance changed the casting of the Atlas at some point to be able to do so. They called it the Edelbrock casting IIRC.

Can't be done with current offerings, but could be done.
I don't see how this would work. If you draw it out, you basically need a completely new gear train to make it happen

Uppity sombitchs

plenty of folks have and :shocked::nuke: too many times. No dig either.

If your building a buggy why would you half ass something that is already gonna be a pile of money?

Uppity sombitchs

I don’t think I have the skill to cut a 231 in half and stick it in front of my D300. I would consider it if I did, because I like cheap hack stuff.

For that reason I’m planning on an ecobox in front of the cheap 4:1 (terra) D300 I found

I don’t think I have the skill to cut a 231 in half and stick it in front of my D300. I would consider it if I did, because I like cheap hack stuff.

For that reason I’m planning on an ecobox in front of the cheap 4:1 (terra) D300 I found
They were not great or bad and often leaky, but they make oil everyday.

Don't know if it's true but 4to1 gears are the 300 killer. The case doesn't like the added stress or leverage. Supposedly.

Top Back Refresh