What's new

Mini 14 Re Barrel

For the record. Ruger customer service 336 949 5200 From their webpage - Customer Service

Notice the Prescott AZ heading for the (336) area code. 336 is in North Carolina. OK. :homer: Talked to Charlotte in service repair and Ruger does not offer replacement barrels for the older rifles. They can't sell a new or old barrel with or without a gas block to me, to my gunsmith or anyone for that matter. The option they have is for me to mail them my family heirloom :flipoff2: and they will replace it with a new rifle at reduced cost :lmao::lmao:

That is just something special. Like an Old Isuzu commercial. So that leaves aftermarket, apparently. Looks like I will have to lurk some Ruger forum or some similar :idea: Suggestions for a Ruger username ? :laughing: I trust my gunsmith could take a piece of railroad tie and end up with a barrel for this thing and it would cycle and shoot fine but fuck me this is not a simple deal at all so far.

Not the answer I was expecting at all.
Ruger has factories in AZ, NC, and NH. Here are the customer service numbers for each area. NH is there main factory but I dont know which factory makes the mini. I would try the NH facility as I know they have a large building with lots of old goodness in it.

Ruger has factories in AZ, NC, and NH. Here are the customer service numbers for each area. NH is there main factory but I dont know which factory makes the mini. I would try the NH facility as I know they have a large building with lots of old goodness in it.

Thanks, that sounds sane. I dont see any links, it may be my browser .. / ... / ? I called the number under the heading Prescott AZ" and got NC. That may be a result of some corporate BS but I can track down the other Ruger sources and appreciate that suggestion. ( your post says "here" but I think you meant to key "there" } As mentioned above, same result 8 years ago. Besides being disappointed and surprised, it just doesn't make sense to me that there would be no viable factory parts replacement for wearing parts. Fuck, I can get a frame or a barrel, but not a magazine for my handgun made in Argentina :confused: or, Chilean rifle made in Germany :confused: Going to the range tomorrow to re-visit this old beast and see how good/bad it shoots with a dark bore.

edit: on the Customer Link I posted above, the bottom of the web page Ruger lists four different locations, but they all have the North Carolina Phone number. . . .

Last edited:
Thanks, that sounds sane. I dont see any links, it may be my browser .. / ... / ? I called the number under the heading Prescott AZ" and got NC. That may be a result of some corporate BS but I can track down the other Ruger sources and appreciate that suggestion. ( your post says "here" but I think you meant to key "there" } As mentioned above, same result 8 years ago. Besides being disappointed and surprised, it just doesn't make sense to me that there would be no viable factory parts replacement for wearing parts. Fuck, I can get a frame or a barrel, but not a magazine for my handgun made in Argentina :confused: or, Chilean rifle made in Germany :confused: Going to the range tomorrow to re-visit this old beast and see how good/bad it shoots with a dark bore.

edit: on the Customer Link I posted above, the bottom of the web page Ruger lists four different locations, but they all have the North Carolina Phone number. . . .
Ruger only offers factory services so far back on the Mini-14, So what has happened is they no longer have the tools or technicians to work on the early minis.
Shitty deal.
I believe that accuracy system is a Ruger authorized repair shop.
Good luck getting the rifle repaired.

They Ruger say that if you remove the gas block that you need a special fixture to reinstall it, I'm sure that it can be done without since people are always replacing them with aftermarket ones and changing the gas bushing size.

I forgot to put the info in. I went back and looked at it the numbers I found. They were fax numbers and they all had the same phone number for customer service.

Dont assume its shot out if it wont group very well. The early mini14 with the noodle barrel was never more than a 2 moa shooter. They also prefer lighter bullets. They have a 1:10 twist and dont seem to stabilize longer heavier bullets well.

Last edited:
Ruger only offers factory services so far back on the Mini-14, So what has happened is they no longer have the tools or technicians to work on the early minis.
Shitty deal.
I believe that accuracy system is a Ruger authorized repair shop.
Good luck getting the rifle repaired.

They Ruger say that if you remove the gas block that you need a special fixture to reinstall it, I'm sure that it can be done without since people are always replacing them with aftermarket ones and changing the gas bushing size.
I've "adjusted" the gas block on one of mine. No more difficult than a clamp-on YHM front folder for an AR when using a couple of strips of masking tape as a guide. I guess I may have been overly optimistic regarding Ruger's so-called "good" customer service in my earlier post. I do know that Ruger has completely disassociated itself from the AC556, as if they never manufactured it in the first place. I can see that being a special case however, but washing their hands of the vintage Minis is close to unforgivable. The last Ruger product I purchased was my SS Target MarkII, they probably won't support that now either. Shame for that to be my last Ruger purchased ever...

Watch this video...

Lots of information on Perfect Union about making minis shoot better.

You guys are scaring me :eek:

Looks like this weapon may remain crusty dusty. Going to go hug my AR :flipoff2:

Response to M92 post above. :laughing:

Cheesus, is he shooting off a broken concrete cinder block ? I wouldn't even treat a Mosin or a Hi Point that way :eek:

Top Back Refresh