What's new

MI MI to CA with empty 40’ goose

JayMcJay

Member Number
I’m looking at making a trip out to central and Southern California From Michgan with an empty open triple axle 40’ goose. Looking to offset some fuel costs, if you have some that needs to move west let me know.
Not sure of timeframe, we’ll say in the next month.
I'll be leaving from the Grand Rapids, MI area, headed south along US31 to I94 around Chicago, then I80 straight out to the Bay Area.
pic of trailer....
1712670718806.png
As you can see, I have a telehandler at home, so loading stuff at my place is pretty easy. It's be prefered if vehicles I'm transporting are running, but not a hard and fast requirement.
Pulling with a new Ferd CCLB 6.7 single rear wheel so I'd say my 'paylload limit' is about 18k
My travel buddy will be coming from Detroit area, he could probably shuttle something car-sized on his open deck 14k car hauler.

Last edited:
Can you get me any cheap front 60s or d300s? I can unload with my forklift...

What Gen?
I have a few 05+ in inventory…. And I can pull more

Arse could load you up with almost free milling machines if you’re interested in a slight detour. You could be Johnnie Bridgeport peddling your wares across the country

Or not :laughing:

LScout800, are you looking for complete sets (front and rear)?

Sluggy was saying a complete 05+ front is $800 in CA, $700 without brakes. Our local yards want enough extra for the brakes that I think it makes sense to just get new from rock auto.

My tentative plan is to head out to the Bay Area. I’m picking up a quad from MP92v4u or however that goes and dropping off axles to sluggy. I’m not sure if I’m headed south or not, but I could probably be talked into it.

LScout800, are you looking for complete sets (front and rear)?

Sluggy was saying a complete 05+ front is $800 in CA, $700 without brakes. Our local yards want enough extra for the brakes that I think it makes sense to just get new from rock auto.

My tentative plan is to head out to the Bay Area. I’m picking up a quad from MP92v4u or however that goes and dropping off axles to sluggy. I’m not sure if I’m headed south or not, but I could probably be talked into it.
I can get fronts for 700-1000 and rears for 300-500 down here (no brakes). If you can get them down here cheaper than a thousand bucks a set I would be interested, I know I want two for myself, and there may be some other irate members down here that want some.

From a cost/effort perspective it's way better for me to pull fronts if you can source rears locally relatively easily. Basically the yards either charge the same or more for a rear as a front here, and they weigh a lot, and they make you drag 'em through the yard on a cart. No machine assist. So it'd be my preference to just pull fronts, but I can pull both if it'd help a bro out.

From a cost/effort perspective it's way better for me to pull fronts if you can source rears locally relatively easily. Basically the yards either charge the same or more for a rear as a front here, and they weigh a lot, and they make you drag 'em through the yard on a cart. No machine assist. So it'd be my preference to just pull fronts, but I can pull both if it'd help a bro out.
I am good with fronts, although I have a deal to grab some stuff from a local guy later today so I think I am out...

To the OP:

Ya might let the membership know if this is a flatbed or enclosed trailer.

What are you asking for ‘05+ fronts? Can be dropped off at Jimbo’s.

I'd like to get $700 without brakes, if that works for CA folks.

Where in MI are you starting? Passing through Omaha? There is a TJ that needs to come my way, but dropping at my brothers in Omaha so I can register it there.

I’m in the Grand Rapids area. My buddy who will be coming along is in the Detroit area. I’d take US31 to 94 to 80 and run 80 all the way into Hayward.
Omaha is tight on the way

So, feel like grabbing a rust free runner for me in CA? I'll come get it in MI.

Top Back Refresh