What's new

Mexico kicks ass!

crispins

FJB
Member Number
Loc
Pigeon Forge, TN
I've been down here for a week or so, 2nd trip.

Seriously, besides not speaking Engrish, pretty much this place is better in every way over what used to be an awesome Country, USA

Gas is around $1.03 / gal

Diesel is around $1.20 / gal

Tons of cool useful as fuck looking vehicles

The last 2 nights I have had some fucking amazing food for not much $$

Last night was Italian all homemade pasta, was under $30

Tonight was some of the best Jerk food I have ever eaten (I've been to Jamaica a few times and every Jerk restaurant in shitty parts of towns I can find) I ordered 3 meals (1 to take back to the hotel for later snacking) and it was $33

Today I rode an ATV through the jungle for 17 miles, swam in a cenote (fucking amazing), ziplined, kayaked in a pond, and was served homemade food in a Mayan village all at the same place.

And to top it all off, my wife got to play with this tiger cub tonight

IMG_3488.JPG

Mexico is def the #1 spot on my list to go to GTFO of the sinking ship of a Country I currently live in when I retire.

Playa Del Carmen is where I am at right now, tomorrow I am going over to Cozumel to take a private dune buggy tour and do some snorkeling with lunch, tequila tasting, and a cooler of beer, God what a great Country this is!!!!!! Freedom is fucking awesome!

If you haven't been down here, I highly recommend it.

Oh yeah yesterday I rented a motor scooter and drove around aimlessly for a few hours,

Gawd Damn....what are we on FB? Everybody braggin about their vacation:flipoff2:
I dont do the FB so this is the only place I have.

The point of my post, is all the bad ass shit you can do here without the BS.

Try to pet a fucking tiger in the USA, or drive a dune buggy around with a cooler full of beer on $1.03 gas in the USA

Try and steal a rented sxs to replace yours

Worst that could happen is they behead you
I would not fuck around down here, not for one moment.

I am on some strict P's and Q's here, these police are serious.

I have never seen such a show of police force, and honestly, it is awesome.

They are not bothering anyone but I am sure you fuck around you will find out down here.

I would not fuck around down here, not for one moment.

I am on some strict P's and Q's here, these police are serious.

I have never seen such a show of police force, and honestly, it is awesome.

They are not bothering anyone but I am sure you fuck around you will find out down here.
Cartels run those places. They are serious cash cows. Of course they don’t want anything fucking up their cash cows.

$ going 5x further down there is making me think hard about when and where to retire.

I dont do the FB so this is the only place I have.

The point of my post, is all the bad ass shit you can do here without the BS.

Try to pet a fucking tiger in the USA, or drive a dune buggy around with a cooler full of beer on $1.03 gas in the USA
Can't take a joke can ya? Just givin ya shit dude. Have fun in Mexico. Just don't bring your FB like shit here haha!:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Little fishing village just north of Playa is awesome. Peurto Morelos. I could easily see retiring there.

Whole Mayan Riviera south of Cancun is pretty safe. Lots of good Scuba in the area. Whole reef is protected park so lots of wildlife.

Never did Cozumel, but it does sound fun. Scooter heaven apparently.

40 something day until the wife and I are back there.

20190414_134757.jpg

Saw this when I was in playa del Carmen 3 years ago

What did you do down here?

I wish I hadn't wasted a few days in Cancun before coming down here, way more fun shit to do here.

Im going to Xplore on monday for some zip lining and riding some kind of SxS looking Jeep thing through a cave.

The zip lining looks pretty serious, I was almost scared for a couple of seconds on the small 40 foot high one I did today.

xplor_park.jpg
07.jpg

I wish my wife was more daring as I really want to eat street food in the shitty part of town here but she won't have it.

Little fishing village just north of Playa is awesome. Peurto Morelos. I could easily see retiring there.

Whole Mayan Riviera south of Cancun is pretty safe. Lots of good Scuba in the area. Whole reef is protected park so lots of wildlife.

Never did Cozumel, but it does sound fun. Scooter heaven apparently.

40 something day until the wife and I are back there.
yeah I wouldn't retire to this area, but someplace close by like 45 mins from here would be great.

I plan on spending the winters in different areas down here for a month or so each year until I find the place I like the best.

I am very happy with how warm and nice it is here during the Winter, 83 and sunny every day so far.

I was there for a wedding. I didn't have nearly as good of time as you are. I stayed in a terrible spot and went with a buddy who I'm no longer friends with.

Keep doing what you're doing

It is all nice and swell until it turns ugly. And it does so often out that way, people getting kidnapped, extorted etc.

Ex wife and I were in Cancun for our honeymoon in November 2019, went to the beach daily. Nothing speaks peaceful as armed police cruising beach on ATV's.
Made me all warm and fuzzy....

Went to Xplor in January. Skip the John Deere Gator “SXS” BS. Skip the food there too. The zip lines and cave swim were cool.

The kids enjoyed the Gator because I was driving like a maniac. They are slow with shitty suspension. Think low power golf cart on a course that you should be able to go 4X faster on.

Sounds like an awesome trip man.

The owner of our company has been building his own custom home in Puerto Penasco aka Rocky Point, right on the water, for the last year and a half. Just finished and it’s magazine worthy. He was telling me that most of the local construction / labor guys that were hired to help were making $8-10 US dollars per day. Wild stuff.

so i used to have a gfriend who would keep moving from this side to the other side (I live in a border town)

next to her parents house.. a bunch of military men liked to stand by my truck and tell me they are protecting it for me..

eventually my gfriend told me the truth.. they were just hiding behind it, using it for cover.. arghhh

like a large percent of the local population... I havent crossed for maybe 12 years.. it has just really gotten much worse, especially recently with all the shootouts being so loud cuz they are close to the border.. and rounds fall on this side.. a week or so ago, when some top dude was arrested they had to close down all the schools (on that side) becuz of those shootouts being all over the place..

lots of businesses like restraunts have moved to this side

so i used to have a gfriend who would keep moving from this side to the other side (I live in a border town)

next to her parents house.. a bunch of military men liked to stand by my truck and tell me they are protecting it for me..

eventually my gfriend told me the truth.. they were just hiding behind it, using it for cover.. arghhh

like a large percent of the local population... I havent crossed for maybe 12 years.. it has just really gotten much worse, especially recently with all the shootouts being so loud cuz they are close to the border.. and rounds fall on this side.. a week or so ago, when some top dude was arrested they had to close down all the schools (on that side) becuz of those shootouts being all over the place..

lots of businesses like restraunts have moved to this side
7375C360-885E-488A-973A-B351312ACBDA.jpeg

I've been down here for a week or so, 2nd trip.

Seriously, besides not speaking Engrish, pretty much this place is better in every way over what used to be an awesome Country, USA

Gas is around $1.03 / gal

Diesel is around $1.20 / gal

Tons of cool useful as fuck looking vehicles

The last 2 nights I have had some fucking amazing food for not much $$

Last night was Italian all homemade pasta, was under $30

How are the chicken prices?

Top Back Refresh