What's new

Mexico City work trip?

I'd rather fly south to costa rica from mexico city rather than north to cabo, but I'm also more in it for the surf than the girls.

Probably cheaper for you to fly the girl to your resort.

Work pays for your RT airfare and first week of resort fees. You pay for chicks flight, and your 2nd week of resort fees.

Chick pays for her own resort or hotel fees.

Mexico City airport pretty much sucks. My main beef with it is that they don’t list gates for flights till maybe 90 minutes before the flight. It’ll just say K or something. Then when they do list finally list it, it’ll be A or something like that, and you have to eff off across the airport looking for the new location. It’s not really all that different than a us airport in that regard I suppose, but there is something about just seeing K or A as opposed to K32 or A28 that’s disconcerting to me.
Oh, very few useful overhead announcements too.

In general Mexico is a more cash based economy, so you’ll want to get some pesos. A typical taco is about 15 pesos. A torta is about 60. A beer at the OXXO is 20. You’ll want to have some 20’s and 50’s on hand for street food because if you hand them a 500 they’ll have making change.

No abla engles let me into your country pendaho!!

My Mexican friends and coworkers from there, and with family there, all tell me I probably shouldn't go there, even though I want to for the al pastor...

don't bother askin about gentlemen's clubs.. they won't understand

ask for "club de table dance"

this might not work in all of mexico?? and i havent been to one in mexico city

Yes....please take this advice. And do report back. Should be fun. What could go wrong?

The food is good and beer.

As Said above, the airport is tricky so just be aware and paying attention. Use the translator on your phone.

I wasn't in Mexico city but another city and the statements above are true in regards to traffic. The roads are shit also. Looking on Google maps something may look 20 min away but take an hour to get there.

Cancun has the best ocean water by far.
Get a place on hotel row and enjoy the beach.
White sand and swimming pool blue water.

The Pacific side water is just like Southern California water but better than Galveston or Padre Island.

Can't she fly up and walk across the border for training in some border town?
That's absolutely illegal and a breach of visa terms.

The amount of people who offered this solution but would bitch at the people coming in the country illegally is hilarious.

That's absolutely illegal and a breach of visa terms.

The amount of people who offered this solution but would bitch at the people coming in the country illegally is hilarious.
1708524329383.png

Tard.

He'll be a single dude waling around mexico. He won't have to ask. They will come to him.

When I was in PDC last years. Most of the conversations with the random sketch dudes on the street went like this...
Aye buddy. Jew want rent a scooter?
-No, gracias.
Weed?
-No
Cocaine?
-No.
Mexican girlfriend?
-
<pause> Errr...no.

But the last night I was there, one of them almost convinced me. Depending what and how they asked, I'd switch between English, "no, i'm good' or spanish, "no, estoy bien".

I was walking the main strip on PDC late, late to go get a bottle of water from 7-11 and I got the normal jew want sum weed, blow? I just said, "no, I'm good" as I walked by. I made it a few steps past and he responds with "Jor gooo-oood, but jew could be bettter." I actually stopped and had to think for a second because he made a good point. :lmao:

I think the difference between being along the edges of Mexico (border and beach towns) and the interior, is that YOU ARE the economy in the edges, but you're just a dude in the interior.
I have spent a decent amount of time in the interior of MX (just there the week before last) and I have never been hit up for money, offered weed or coke or hookers, and when you buy tacos they give you your actual change back. You're just a guy trying to eat tacos.
I have also spent a decent amount of time along the edges of MX (headed to Cancun tomorrow morning) and I have been offered all that stuff every time. And I wouldn't expect to actually get the right change back when buying tacos. Because I'm the economy, and taking my money makes it run.
The OP is headed to MX City, as long as he isn't looking for trouble he won't find any.

This square is just down the road from that Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec hotel I stayed in.
Those red flowers are poinsettias. Real purdy.
Drug money will do that. :laughing:

That bank in the background there was fined something like $28mm for money laundering 10 or so years ago.

Drug money will do that. :laughing:

That bank in the background there was fined something like $28mm for money laundering 10 or so years ago.
yeah, well, Wells Fargo has been ordered to pay $3.7 billion in penalties and victims' compensation for alleged illegal practices that caused thousands of the bank's customers to lose their homes and vehicles, federal regulators have announced.

which is... worse?

Mexico City is like any city of its size. Stay in good neighborhoods and you are essentially in the US with some great restaurants and entertainment. Go to the seedier neighborhoods and roll the dice.

Mexico City is like any city of its size. Stay in good neighborhoods and you are essentially in the US with some great restaurants and entertainment. Go to the seedier neighborhoods and roll the dice.
I was in Newark a couple weeks ago and feel safer than in Mexico City😆

Anywhere corruption plays a big part of the countries economy the capital city sucks.

Yes, I’ve been but not voluntarily.

Top Back Refresh