What's new

Mexico City work trip?

RaginCaucasian

Member Number
Loc
Arvada, Colorado
Looks like my company is getting a new hire down in Mexico City and she can't get a work visa in time to come to the states for training. So, I guess I get to head down there in either March or April to bring her a work computer and to do some training. Anyone care to give some travel advice for Mexico City? Warnings, things to do and things not to do there? Best mode for transport around the city?

Also, thinking of extending my trip and popping over to an All Inclusive resort to visit to use some vacation time. Any suggestions of a good resort as a single male? Cancun? Cabo?

Stay out of Cabo, it's a shit hole.
LIke Cabo in Baja California that's like a 30 hr drive or 2hr plane flight?

mexico city is a huge city really depends on where you are in town. Traffic is really tough so make sure you are staying close to where your co-worker is.

-ben

hang out with this guy. He knows all the good spots.
man-on-fire-1-2486375527.jpg

You can't just mail her a computer and do training over zoom or whatever?
Not to mention, your company can't find anyone in the US to do the job?
I'd tell her, sorry you didn't get your visa so no job for you.

You can't just mail her a computer and do training over zoom or whatever?
Not to mention, your company can't find anyone in the US to do the job?
I'd tell her, sorry you didn't get your visa so no job for you.
It's a global company and she will be part of the team managing Mexico, and supporting customers and partners in Mexico and other parts of South America as my office/branch expands south.

My company is very adamant on in person training for employees.

Cabo is the southern version of Tijuana, go to LA Paz or somewhere else on the mainland.
you are retarted. La Paz is north of cabo.

we need pics of new hire

you are retarted. La Paz is north of cabo.

we need pics of new hire
No shit :homer:, la Paz is north east of Cabo on the sea of cotez. Apparently you don't understand the part that I was recommended to go to LA Paz instead of Cabo. Cabo is a more "tropical" version of TJ. Both places suck and Baja has way better places to visit. Just my .02

No shit :homer:, la Paz is north east of Cabo on the sea of cotez. Apparently you don't understand the part that I was recommended to go to LA Paz instead of Cabo. Cabo is a more "tropical" version of TJ. Both places suck and Baja has way better places to visit. Just my .02

still retarted... 'somewhere else on the mainland' La Paz is not on the mainland = retarted.

mexico snobs are hilarious. I love Mexico... don't know when you were in TJ last, but Cabo is not TJ.

Traffic is really tough
I've heard even walking around is crowded too.

The Messicans up here even frown at the talk of Mexico City.

Mebbe get a bunch of $ingles & get treated like a prince instead of a pauper with pesos-

I've been to Mexico City 3 times for work around 2009-2011ish. I was doing engine support work for a few race teams. The team took care of all of our hotel and transportation arrangements. We stayed in an international hotel and they hired a security company to drive us back and forth to the race track. The hotel had 5-6 restaurants and everything was in English.

There are so many cars that vehicle registration was only valid certain days of the week. The security guys explained that most people have multiple cars so they can drive every day. This may not be true any more, I don't know. Traffic laws and rules of the road were just suggestions. I would not want to drive down there.

We were told not to leave the hotel because it was a dangerous city. The second time down there we left the hotel to go to a local restaurant and learned the hard way what Carne Tartare is!

If it’s even close to a reasonable distance from where you’ll e working you should stay at the Grand Fiesta Americana next to the Chapultapec park. It’s the biggest park in Mexico and has a bunch of historic significance (don’t ask me what exactly that is……)
Anyhow, you’d feel totally safe walking around that hotel area. Great food to be had.
The driving is something else though!

do you speak spanish??

you will find lots of people speak english, in the nicer parts of town

i would mix in some pyramids with a tour guide / body guard / taxi

Top Back Refresh