What's new

** Meme **

1724787343978.png

I actually find this kind of ironic. I don't know if its true but read the Southern states actually built up a big propagandy program in the late 1800s to boost southern morale by telling everyone the reason for the civil war was states rights only, including rewriting all the school's history books.

EjwIsLlXgAAd8dR.png

I actually find this kind of ironic. I don't know if its true but read the Southern states actually built up a big propagandy program in the late 1800s to boost southern morale by telling everyone the reason for the civil war was states rights only, including rewriting all the school's history books.

EjwIsLlXgAAd8dR.png
fcomm-05-547065-g001.jpg

Here's the fucking problem with that. The war didn't start until the states left the union. Slave states were on both sides , slave holder vs slave holder. Armies of new York didn't burn Maryland on their way to VA. The intent behind the north labeling slaves as "intelligent contraband" instead of people was because people had to be treated differently, contraband could be taken permanently, allowing greater impact to the rebellion states. Rebellion state slaves were freed first, to weaken the war effort, without concern and only lip service to Yankee held slaves. The propaganda shift to the free southern slave cry and implementing the draft resulted in significant violence against Yankee blacks in Yankee land.

Lastly, no war is ever so simple. The blatant "slavery, that's it. Must be right to what??" Etc etc. Is a massive federal propaganda effort. Blame those about the thing you are doing, and shit.

Was slavery a part of it? Sure. The war didn't start until secession, as the wave of states was growing. Had to ensure foreign aide wasn't lost etc

Top Back Refresh