What's new

** Meme **

ZI0WTLx.jpg
UkSLVL3.jpg

The proper quote is probably Closer to “The Regulars are coming“, red coats, as most still saw themselves as British subjects.

The term Regulars would definitely been more correct for the time. But I doubt he shouted anything. He was more likely riding from trusted place to trusted place, mostly taverns, spreading the word quietly. While the bulk of the redcoats were housed in Boston, they had plenty others scattered around the countryside, not to mention the spies. He started with Dawes and Prescott, but they had to split up to avoid getting caught.

While the true understanding is only from interpretation of writings from the time, even though the colonists knew they were technically British subjects, they typically viewed themselves as colonists rather than true brits. There were still lots of colonists allied directly to the British authority, but we know many of those only did so out of fear as the British soldiers were known to be pretty brutal and had very little respect for the colonists' life/property.

1dk9h4.jpg - Click image for larger version Name:	1dk9h4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.4 KB ID:	199722

prolific-pen-comics-peican-the-amert-revolution-an-u-s-a-basically-30488771.png

Last edited:
The term Regulars would definitely been more correct for the time. But I doubt he shouted anything. He was more likely riding from trusted place to trusted place, mostly taverns, spreading the word quietly. While the bulk of the redcoats were housed in Boston, they had plenty others scattered around the countryside, not to mention the spies. He started with Dawes and Prescott, but they had to split up to avoid getting caught.

I think the term you guys are looking for is regulators.

Top Back Refresh