What's new

MEME & VIDEO THREAD

download (4).jpeg

Funny series on these feral Rams blow up punching bags. They became celebrities and this Japanese guy goes to NZ and puts on a red suit to see what it's like to get thumped by them.

Thats why they are called rams.

Now who does that sound like, on this or the old place ?

20220216_153950.jpg

Last edited:
But most bellhousings are used with manual transmissions and torque converters are used with automatic transmissions.

torque.jpeg

Last edited:
The torque converter sits in the bell housing.

That belongs in the Methed-up thread!
No shit. thats why it sucks when your buddy hands it to you when you are tightening up the last bolt.

No, that belongs in the WIN! thread.

LOL..

hand me the bellhousing of that T400 sitting on the shelf over yonder por favor.

Just the bellhousing not the entire transmission.

LOL..

hand me the bellhousing of that T400 sitting on the shelf over yonder por favor.

Bell housing or bellhousing is a colloquial/slang term for the portion of the transmission that covers the flywheel and the clutch or torque converter of the transmission on vehicles powered by internal combustion engines. This housing is bolted to the engine block and derives its name from the bell-like shape that its internal components necessitate. The starter motor is usually mounted here, and engages with a ring gear on the flywheel. On the opposite end to the engine is usually bolted to the gearbox. The use of different bellhousings on a transmission allows the same transmission to be used on multiple engines in multiple applications. However, on some transmissions, the bellhousing is a nonremovable part of the transmission case. This is particularly true with front wheel drive transmissions, which are much shorter than conventional rear wheel drive transmissions.

But most bellhousings are used with manual transmissions and torque converters are used with automatic transmissions.

No shit. thats why it sucks when your buddy hands it to you when you are tightening up the last bolt.

No shit, no shit, that's why I corrected PAE when he said most bell housings are used with manual trans, not auto trans....

LOL..

You want the bulletproof one from Reid?

BH001-Chevy.jpg

Wiki-
Bell housing or bellhousing is a colloquial/slang term for the portion of the transmission that covers the flywheel and the clutch or torque converter of the transmission on vehicles powered by internal combustion engines. This housing is bolted to the engine block and derives its name from the bell-like shape that its internal components necessitate.

That reminds me of a machine part that happened to be mfg by a chinese company,

It was the quill feed on my chink copy of a Bridgeport mill.

It was one piece that consisted of a plastic ball and a somewhat bent steel shaft that was threaded at one end.

It was about $35.00-$40.00..

Only it was sold by the Chinese man as two pieces the shaft on one line of the receipt with a item # and price and the ball on the next line also with an item # and price.

Ya follow ?

Top Back Refresh