What's new

Math is racist, we all knew that. Why it's racist is the fun part

Provience

Kill!
Member Number
Loc
Gatesville, TX
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/g...-show-work/ar-BB1dNSPV?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is the only donor listed on a website for a group dedicated to eliminating racism from the nation’s math curriculum, which would be accomplished, in part, by eliminating the need for students to show their work after solving a math problem.

A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction is an integrated approach to mathematics that centers Black, Latinx, and Multilingual students in grades 6-8, addresses barriers to math equity, and aligns instruction to grade-level priority standards,” an introduction to the group’s website reads. “The Pathway offers guidance and resources for educators to use now as they plan their curriculum, while also offering opportunities for ongoing self-reflection as they seek to develop an anti-racist math practice. The toolkit 'strides' serve as multiple on-ramps for educators as they navigate the individual and collective journey from equity to anti-racism.”

Included on the site is a lesson on “dismantling racism in mathematics instruction,” which decries racist behaviors such as the “focus” on “getting the ‘right’ answer,” requiring students to “show their work,” and “independent practice” being valued over teamwork or collaboration.

“White supremacy culture infiltrates math classrooms in everyday teacher actions,” the lesson says. “Coupled with the beliefs that underlie these actions, they perpetuate educational harm on Black, Latinx, and multilingual students, denying them full access to the world of mathematics."

We also wish to thank the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for their generous financial support of this project,” the website says.

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation also gave a $3.6 million grant to the “Education Trust,” a diversity in education advocacy group that has also promoted the Pathway To Equitable Math Instruction.

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation did not immediately respond to the Washington Examiner’s request for comment.

equality had to be killed so that equity could be installed, after full equity redistribution, we can move on to anti-racism :laughing:

personally, I always found the practice of "showing your work" abhorrent and regularly chose to receive partial credit in school over showing my work. certainly avoiding focus on the right answer and learning for yourself will only benefit society as a whole :laughing:

this country has done an amazing job in raising literacy and math competency rates over the past 100 years, easily the most successful achieved goal of any and all the "great society" public works projects we've embarked on. In the name of anti-racism, it is important that we reduce those targets and return to high incompetence :lmao:

seriously, these are real people. now, I think the gates foundation can shit $3.6M without much review or concern and I highly doubt that other than "find a minority woman led group to give money to" the review went no further, but yeah. wow.

anti-racists are so anti-racist that they honestly believe whoever they designate as non-white is incapable of learning :lmao:

What in the ever living fuck is racist about showing how you got to the answer when solving a math problem?

anti-racists are so anti-racist that they honestly believe whoever they designate as non-white is incapable of learning :lmao:
well that's part of the deal, eliminating equality in favor of equity is elevating a protected class, kinda saying they're incapable of fending for themselves

Eliminating obstructions to success doesn't keep the money flowing in.
You do that by bestowing gifts to the lower class animals to get them hooked on the idea, while convincing them that they're owed more.
When someone thinks they're owed something they'll go well out of their way to get it rather than just obtaining it themselves.
if it were about personal improvement then there wouldn't be strife to capitalize on

there's also the angle of needing to manufacture white racists, as there aren't really very many white racists left in the wild

What in the ever living fuck is racist about showing how you got to the answer when solving a math problem?

whitepeople and Asians overperform mathematics in general and while the overlap between the groups is very significant and the majority, the underlap at the edges tends to skew downhill from Asian to black. this means things like "learning and doing" are racist concepts, because race is merely a social construct and there are no other possible explanations for those marginal differences. Therefore, it must be structural racism causing the issue. in order to be fully anti-racist, we need to focus on metrics where systemic racism cannot touch. such as being a member of a team, as obviously leading or contributing to the teamwork is merely an extension of racism.

math is racist. ignore the $3.6M donation going in to this :laughing: don't worry, it will be publicly funded soon enough

Because black people can't do it. :laughing:

as a non-black American, this policy would disproportionally provide greater impact to non-black people due to sheer volume and is therefore racist (see the complaints about how affirmative actions policies are bad because they have outsized impact in advancing white women even over black men)

it's just an extension of the attack on black men, reinforcing the idea that they cannot do things on their own and must become reliant on the state for all means of life.

Would someone please drop a brick on that son of bitch already. He has become nothing but a festering pimple on the ass of society.

What happens when all these equality math geniuses get out of school and into the real world?

:confused:

they go to CA and get hired as a board member to meet the state diversity requirements for companies. What would you do for ~$200k/year (current limit of the fine for not having diversity) that required nothing else?

and have a hobby around the house. I dunno, but a boat?

If this kind of participation-trophy bullshit was adopted by STEM teachers, at least there would be no new skyscrapers for planes to hit as they come cartwheeling out of the sky :rolleyes:

974fb6b1c7a9c59717942d18abfcd9bd.jpg

If a doctor wants to cut into me & fuck around, I'd prefer one that went to a "show your work" school :laughing:

They go to work for Brawndo....

I should have known the answer...... :homer:

The government will hire them to work at the IRS doing audits. And when they fuck up the audit and you end up owing 2 million in taxes for the year after only making 30k and question their math, you will be branded a racist and thrown in jail for tax evasion. There will be no chance for an appeal because the mere thought of doing that means you question their math and are a racist white supremacist for doing so.

As much as I wanted to put the laughing emoji after that paragraph, I'm kinda thinking its probably not that far fetched given the speed at which this country is circling the bowl. :shaking:

now you are gonna say maps are racist :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

we would I say that? it's already common knowledge :rasta:

https://www.the74million.org/article...hy-curriculum/

[QUOTE] Boston Schools Have Vowed to Combat ‘Racist’ Maps. Experts Want a Better Geography Curriculum

Boston Public Schools last month launched a new set of maps in their second-, seventh-, and 11th-grade classrooms designed to combat cultural bias stemming from colonialism. In reimagining an overlooked curricular asset, the move highlights a push in some districts toward what is being labeled “cultural proficiency.”

Unfortunately, the Mercator projection also stretches the area of objects as they draw away from the equator. On a typical Mercator map, Africa and South America are depicted proportionally, but northern Europe and Antarctica are magnified far beyond their true scale; thus Greenland and Africa appear to be of comparable size, when in fact, Africa is many times larger.

The problems here are political as well as aesthetic. By exaggerating the prominence of European nations in relation to lands they once conquered (the United Kingdom, for example, looks nearly the same size as its former colony of India), the Mercator projection runs afoul of some post-colonial arguments about European hegemony.
[/QUOTE]

well ,I for one enjoyed showing my results to all dumb asses in math class.:lmao:
finished geometry, algebra and calculus 1 by the 7th grade, math and track were the only things I was good at

Top Back Refresh