What's new

Masks

Tin Roof

Rusted
Member Number
Loc
Iowa
Our state lifted it's mask mandate in February. Some of the towns/counties waited a few months to lift theirs, but most did by the end of May. When I go to stores now I might see a couple people wearing masks, but never more than a half dozen or so. One thing I have noticed, is most of the people I do see wearing masks are black. A few national chain stores still require employees to wear masks, but most local businesses do not. Many have taken down the plexiglass dividers at the registers. For the most part, we are back to normal.

Last week we drove 6 1/2 hours north through Wisconsin. Made a few stops on the way up, a few on the way back, and spent 4 days in a vacation area. We stopped at bars and stores up there, and didn't see a single mask, or plexiglass divider, or anything.

How many of you live in areas that still have mandates or individuals still wearing masks?

I cannot go to the office unmasked unless I am vaccinated.

Still loads of maskholes around here.

Here in East California, we're still "unvax'd should wear masks indoors" but nobody's willing (stupid enough) to ask, it's almost entirely a "if you want to" level at this point. Medical/dental/healthcare are still mandating masks period. Probably 30% of people from what I'm seeing, are still wearing them. I told my kids they don't have to.

Work (if I go to the office, but it's in SC) mandates masks and distancing unless you supply them a vax attestation form saying you are. I had little desire to go there before, less now.

Upstate NY, half of people are still wearing masks in public it seems. Many businesses have signs saying you must wear a mask if not vaccinated. Medical/dental offices, the masks are likely permanent.

I cannot go to the office unmasked unless I am vaccinated.

Still loads of maskholes around here.
NM is the only state we've visited during this that got us yelled at over an over to put masks on. I summed this up to Catholicism in areas with a higher Hispanic population. My wife would occasionally describe to me the reactions of Hispanic patients in the hospitals around there. Doesn't take much at all to freak them out.

One thing I have noticed, is most of the people I do see wearing masks are black.
I don't go anywhere, because fuck those businesses that acted like that. You think all of a sudden now since you graciously lifted your mask mandate that I should willingly come back. :lmao:

And about the above quote. The only place I do go that has any amount of people is the weekly auto auction. I have noticed over the last month the same thing you noticed. The other brown folks there are masked up too, but really none of the privileged. :laughing:

Still lots of people walking around in masks on the coast of California (surprise). The only place I interact with where it is still mandated is my work. Employees have to sign something saying they're vaccinated if they don't want to wear a mask. I was in 3 of our 4 offices around the county yesterday and only saw a couple of employees still wearing masks.

I still bring a mask with me in the car just in case I walk into some private business that still requires wearing a mask for some reason. Haven't encountered anything like that, though some of those places (restaurants, coffee shops, etc) seem to still require their staff wear masks even if the patrons do not.

Our mandate dropped yesterday and we are fixin' to head out and do a Costco/ groceries/ booze/ lunch run in a little bit.

.gov says it's over but individual stores can still require so I figure a fight at Costco, hopefully it'll be ok everywhere else. I have a feeling there's gonna be lot's of maskers still out and about as I've seen a few groups pop up in the last while whose members plan to continue the mandate for themselves.

.gov also says "some people may not be comfortable going maskless or with the back to normal order so please be kind and patient with them as they may be very anxious"

FUCK THAT!

I had to put up with all the maskers running around bitching, complaining and ratting out the rest of us for living a normal life. I am sure as hell gonna be that asshole who goes out of his was to make them as uncomfortable as I possibly can.:mad3:

NM is the only state we've visited during this that got us yelled at over an over to put masks on. I summed this up to Catholicism in areas with a higher Hispanic population. My wife would occasionally describe to me the reactions of Hispanic patients in the hospitals around there. Doesn't take much at all to freak them out.

Some of my firefighter buddies around here refer to it as the "Hispanic Panic", and I guess it can be a real thing. They'll get calls all the time for someone's mom having a panic attack when their kids do something horrible(ie get sentenced to prison, cheat on their wife, get caught stealing, etc). Suddenly mom needs an ambulance and has to be taken to the hospital immediately. They'll show up, check their vitals and they're pretty much OK, just hysterical. They try to advise them that an ambulance ride and hospital visit is going to be $$$$$, but he says most of the time they still choose the ambulance. Cultural thing I guess?

We haven't had mandates for a while now. It feels like we are mostly back to normal. Way more people without a mask than with.

I stopped carrying a mask with me two + months ago.

Our mandate dropped yesterday and we are fixin' to head out and do a Costco/ groceries/ booze/ lunch run in a little bit.

.gov says it's over but individual stores can still require so I figure a fight at Costco, hopefully it'll be ok everywhere else.
Costco here had their mask policy updated before the ink was dry on the CDC "you can take off the masks if you're vax'd" announcement. I'd expect the same to be the case up north, but who knows.

I'd say mask use is down to 15% at most here in my city. Honestly, its mostly African Americans and they all wear them below their nose or chin. Myrtle Beach is WIDE open based off a news report/live feed showing the beach. There were people everywhere as if there never was a pandemic.

They lifted it for "vaccinated" people about a month ago then fully lifted everything about a week ago. Still see about 70% of the dipshits around here in a mask. :homer:
Saw less people wearing them when I was in Boston 3 weeks ago than I do around here.

Last edited:
Not seeing many anymore. Coworker still wears one. Downtalks to any customer that doesn't. People will ask if required, and she'll respond with well I do because I actually care about the health of others. That sort of thing.

Daycare lifted the requirement of kids to be wearing them after we yanked out kid out because of it. I'm guessing they got quite a bit of feedback from the previous notice saying anyone above the age of two and not vaccinated is required to have one. I'm sick of the games they're playing. Public school is going to be a fucking travesty.

I'm looking forward to see what the next thing is going to be. I'm guessing handcuffs to prevent from touching each other or grabbing dangerous objects.

I'm looking forward to see what the next thing is going to be. I'm guessing handcuffs to prevent from touching each other or grabbing dangerous objects.
Can't assault anyone if we're all holding hands. :flipoff2:

Some stores here still have signs that say "unvax'd should wear masks indoors" it is entirely a "if you want to" at this point. Medical/dental/healthcare are still mandating masks period. My office has a mask if your are unvax'd rule in the hallways and public area's. Yeah, I'm not about being singled out or oppressed so I am not wearing a mask and have not been for 3ish weeks. A few others have noticed and are also not. Executive director and HR are currently not addressing the issue. I do what I want because LOGIC. :laughing: After the CWS team's vaccinated players popped for the Rona my argument is even stronger.

I maybe see a mask once a week out and about at the stores. You know exactly the type of person wearing it. :laughing:

Not everything in countryville is the greatest. But I never wore a mask because where we live didn’t even acknowledge the order. I feel like I’m a year and a half ahead of the curve. Now the plexiglass dividers are gone even in northern New Mexico. Wifey is a preschool teacher so she has to wear them at the school still. But our kid(s) don’t have to wear them since after new year.

I don't go anywhere, because fuck those businesses that acted like that. You think all of a sudden now since you graciously lifted your mask mandate that I should willingly come back. :lmao:

And about the above quote. The only place I do go that has any amount of people is the weekly auto auction. I have noticed over the last month the same thing you noticed. The other brown folks there are masked up too, but really none of the privileged. :laughing:
White privilege makes us less susceptible to the ‘rona

They lifted it for "vaccinated" people about a month ago then fully lifted everything about a month ago. Still see about 70% of the dipshits around here in a mask. :homer:
Saw less people wearing them when I was in Boston 3 weeks ago than I do around here.
Wow. That's more than I'm seeing around here by a lot. I thought California would have the highest number of voluntary mask wearers.

A WalMart i went in last week had maybe 1% of people wearing masks, looked to be in their 20s and 30s mostly. I've been chuckling for a while at the fact that most non mask wearers even at the height of the Bullshit were old white guys.

I live in south eastern Hellinois and it's rare to see a mask. Even months before our free grazing fat bitch of a governor lifted the mandates almost everything was open and maskless

My work still requires teh face diapers although on Tuesday only the noncoolaid takers will still be required to wear them.
They are trying to make getting vaccinated mandatory.
We'll see where this goes and if I get fired or not. :shaking:
I'd say about half the people I see in S.F.(where most of my jobs are) are still wearing masks and still the random :rainbow: driving alone in their prius.

Wow. That's more than I'm seeing around here by a lot. I thought California would have the highest number of voluntary mask wearers.
The race track in Ventura opened last month,big crowds every Sat (1200-1500+ people) and maybe 10-15 people masked up.
OTOH,still see people walking by themselves,nobody around and still masked up.The indoctrination is still strong with some.

Some of my firefighter buddies around here refer to it as the "Hispanic Panic", and I guess it can be a real thing. They'll get calls all the time for someone's mom having a panic attack when their kids do something horrible(ie get sentenced to prison, cheat on their wife, get caught stealing, etc). Suddenly mom needs an ambulance and has to be taken to the hospital immediately. They'll show up, check their vitals and they're pretty much OK, just hysterical. They try to advise them that an ambulance ride and hospital visit is going to be $$$$$, but he says most of the time they still choose the ambulance. Cultural thing I guess?
Hispanics don’t pay for ambulance rides. It’s just that simple.

Tons of people are still wearing them in the king county area. Medical offices are still required. Otherwise nobody is saying shit. I wont wear one. If they give me shit I walk by them. If they get upity I just take my money elsewhere.

I live in Snohomish county, and it's pretty mask free most places. But yesterday I was in South Seattle going into the office, and I couldn't believe how many people I still see wearing masks alone in their car, or walking by themselves on the sidewalk.

Top Back Refresh