What's new

Magnitude replacement cases - NP205 and Dana 300

Tyler@TMI

Member Number
Loc
Albany, Oregon
There are quite a few differences, just based on the image.
Tyler from Total Metal Innovations here...

I ordered a MMW 205 case for the Trent Fab Top Shelf 4400 car I am building ~ a year and a half ago. Just like most people I never received the MMW case after months and months of waiting.

Nevertheless, I needed a 205-strength transfer case for my race car build. I had talked years ago with a couple of wheeling friends about the need for an aftermarket 205 and 300 case but never pulled the trigger until I was put in a bind. I needed a case for my needs, so I could proceed with my build. This forced my hand and I put a team together to tackle the need for the ultimate 205 and 300 aftermarket case.

We set out with a goal to have firm shift engagement, solid detents, and the smoothest shifting along with maximum strength and reliability. My team far exceeded my expectations. We have been testing the cases since early this year with countless trail miles and a number of races with fantastic results.

We are nearing the release of our 205 cases and the 300 will follow shortly.

I have invested heavily in this project and am waiting for our new 50-horsepower SX-4000 horizontal cnc milling center to arrive to increase our production capacity. I am serious about this product line and I have stepped up and have the proper equipment either on our shop floor or ordered to meet the expected demand long term.

I intend to have our website match our in-stock inventory once we release the transfer cases. We are aware that we may not be able at times to meet the demand and will have our website show out-of-stock status rather than allowing pre-orders and holding your hard-earned money ransom.
If you would like more information or be included in future product information releases please check out the link below.

Magnitude Email Signature.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
More importantly, are you going to be cutting your own gears and shafts or are you going to be subject to JB conversions like everyone else?
This. I’d never get in bed with them. Otherwise I’d just supply empty cases.

Edit: if this comes to market this puts the nail in the coffin of mm. Not big enough market for three players.

Last edited:
More importantly, are you going to be cutting your own gears and shafts or are you going to be subject to JB conversions like everyone else?

TBD but on a long-term basis but we do have a large gear manufacturer in the adjacent town to TMI.

My focus has been on getting the cases ready for release with existing parts.

Awesome :) At first glance, I like the design and the "internal" shifting is one of the features that drew me to the MMW design. Look forward to your own thread on the product <hint> ;)
I only replied to clear some things up since people were telling me this post had comments about our Magnitude cases. I'll make a post about the Magnitude cases when we are ready to do so. Until then...

Ground up a new design by my team. The more you look at the Magnitude case the more you will see it's quite different and has some new features not seen before on an aftermarket case.
The case you show is based on a 205 and not a 300 right? So completely different from the MMW case thats based on a 300.

Ground up a new design by my team. The more you look at the Magnitude case the more you will see it's quite different and has some new features not seen before on an aftermarket case.
Few times you mentioned your team. I'm trying to understand what that means exactly. You are talking about your employees or other companies you're working with ?

One of the big issues we've seen from other manufacturers is the fact that a lot of the parts/process is outsourced, leading to procurement issues / process delays.

Are you doing 100% of the work in-house and if not, would you be willing to share what is outsourced ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Few times you mentioned your team. I'm trying to understand what that means exactly. You are talking about your employees or other companies you're working with ?

One of the big issues we've seen from other manufacturers is the fact that a lot of the parts/process is outsourced, leading to procurement issues / process delays.

Are you doing 100% of the work in-house and if not, would you be willing to share what is outsourced ?

Thanks
100% in house for the case kits.

Machines and their capacities?
I have invested heavily in this project and am waiting for our new 50-horsepower SX-4000 horizontal cnc milling center to arrive to increase our production capacity. I am serious about this product line and I have stepped up and have the proper equipment either on our shop floor or ordered to meet the expected demand long term
Tough crowd, lol.

Machines and their capacities?
I just ordered another spindle for the shop to help meet the expected demand and have no issue using our resources to add additional manufacturing capacity to my shop. The new machine is a 50 HP horizontal machining center with a pallet pool. I have funding in place to stack more of them on my floor and will do if there is enough product demand.

I could release a batch of cases right now, but I have chosen to build inventory and not release this product line until I have all of the key factors in place to have a sustainable manufacturing capacity. I know we will have some bumps along the way but by having our process in order and the machines on the floor prior to launch I believe we can mitigate the issues that have plagued this section of the industry.

From what I've observed the machines are sorta the easy part. Materials seem to be the first and labor is second.

its only getting dropped with a cherry picker and trans jack..... way too heavy
Done it 3 times now with a janky HF/princess auto trans attachment on my 3 ton jack... On my back. Fucking hate it. With the doubler attached makes it even worse.

Top Back Refresh