What's new

magazine holder

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
ok I searched and didn't see this mentioned previously.

Are you guys that CCW everyday carrying an extra mag or just the one in your carry weapon? If you do carry an extra mag how do you carry it? Just have it loose in your pocket? Leave it in console of the truck/car? fully kitted with plate vest and mag pouches? :flipoff2:

I was looking into carrying an extra mag on an IWB pouch of some sort on the off hand side. I carry at 4 oclock position with an IWB with my Hellcat and would like a comfortable way to carry an extra mag. Let's face it if it's uncomfortable or an inconvenience then I am less likely to use it. I came across these pocket carriers and was intrigued.. pocket mag pouch

Sometimes I carry the spare mag in the spare gun. Otherwise, pockets or iwb pouches or shoulder holster pouches or boots or socks or ccw backpack.

I generally just carry the mag that‘s in the gun, but I’ve been carrying a spare mag in the door pocket of the truck. This company finally started making single mag carriers, so I bought one and the mag rides around in it.

I generally don’t carry it IWB, have when stuff has been sketchy but it is uncomfortable with the way my current pants fit. Somehow I just now realized I could carry it OWB as well and it would pretty much look like a leatherman pouch. Open carry isn’t legal here, but no big deal if a spare mag is visible on occasion unless it’s a NPE. Will probably start carrying it a lot more.

Most of those pocket style carriers fail miserably when you try to pull out the mag or gun in a hurry the carrier just comes out with it. I use a IWB mag holder on the support side but Ive carried a spare mag in a a leatherman style pouch on my belt and you couldnt tell what it was.

You will never need a spare mag.
It will be over just as fast as it starts.
I have mag holders i use at the range.

FBI says average shooting is 3 shots in 3 seconds. If you know how to shoot you won’t need an extra magazine.

Last edited:
Spare mag holder integrated into holster. Kimber CDP II, 230 gr Speer Gold Dot in gun, spare mag has 185 gr Corbon +P DPX. The last thing you want is a empty gun after being involved in a shooting. Imagine if Rittenhouse was empty after the first shooting.

Spare mag holder integrated into holster. Kimber CDP II, 230 gr Speer Gold Dot in gun, spare mag has 185 gr Corbon +P DPX. The last thing you want is a empty gun after being involved in a shooting. Imagine if Rittenhouse was empty after the first shooting.
Kyle didn’t need an extra magazine even in the midst of an angry mob. He only fired 3 shots. He knew how to shoot.

He fired at least 4 in the first guy, I think he fired 8 total. He fired at head kick guy and missed. WRONG.

He fired at least 4 in the first guy, I think he fired 8 total. He fired at head kick guy and missed. WRONG.
Ok. He still didn’t need an extra magazine. Keep reaching though.

I think a AR mag holds a little more ammo than a 1911.

I would not like having 1 round left and a mob chasing me. In this day and age, you could find yourself engaging multiple targets. If you are going to carry, you might as well carry a extra mag, or be able to run real fast. At least faster than your slowest companion. Juice is worth the squeeze.

If Rittenhouse would have ran out of ammo he would have been killed.

1911 is an interesting choice if ammo capacity is of great concern.

Only ever open carried. Spare mag fits in the holster, it’s made for it.

Really? are you saying you open carry or don’t carry at all? Not judging, but I pretty much CC every time I go off my property. Rarely have extra mag.

If Rittenhouse would have ran out of ammo he would have been killed.

I disagree, maybe If he stood there clicking the trigger. There aren’t that many idiots that will advance on a gun.

1911 is an interesting choice if ammo capacity is of great concern.

I love my 1911, but I don’t CC it. Does anybody? Cocked and locked? Or empty chamber?

I think that was kind of unique situation, but it brings me to a point I hear often. “Empty your gun in the perp” . If you do that, you will have an empty gun after a shooting. I said previously you should make certain he’s dead, but don’t empty the gun.

Note, Rittenhouse left one guy alive and he testified against him. There should only be one story.

Really? are you saying you open carry or don’t carry at all? Not judging, but I pretty much CC every time I go off my property. Rarely have extra mag.

I open carry around here. Is that not normal in north Florida? I open carry into the grocery store or gas station, but I live in what could easily be considered a village. Most men around here are cowboys that open carry, if they aren’t pot growing hippies that just moved here.

Top Back Refresh