What's new

Mad Max days are here, the killing off of V8’s

who cares if you take the V8 out of a 1500....it is a 1500,

Yup. GM has made a lot of things better over the years since my last 1500 (03 Yukon for the wife).

I won't buy one now. If I was given one I'd bitch and moan about a free truck while I deleted DOD. :flipoff2:

I only buy 2500/3500 now as they do have variable valve timing but it's rarely causing any issues.
I'm currently learning how to use HP tuners to fix my next 6l90e. At 315k the original one gave up the converter. So this one will have full lockup and fun shifts. The shift kit and billet converter were only the start.

Another thing the companies could do is perfect their stuff before letting the public beta test everything for them (I’m also looking at Microsoft when I type this).
100% this.

Can’t be THAT good for environment when something just keeps on blowing up requiring major repairs, burning oil or let alone pollution from maintenance they will require. Carbon cleaning on GDI engines comes to mind.

100% this.

Can’t be THAT good for environment when something just keeps on blowing up requiring major repairs, burning oil or let alone pollution from maintenance they will require. Carbon cleaning on GDI engines comes to mind.

Actual carbon cleaning on direct injection is walnut blasting and has no emissions.

They've gone the way of the eco V6 with turbos in the tundra and Sequoia.
I've got one of the ghey eco V6 Tundras bought for me by my work. I'm 95% city driving, and I get under 14mpg. Pretty damn unimpressive, really.

Toyota did.
How do ?

They don’t offer the V8 in the tundra anymore

I figured they would’ve the last V8 left since they sell enoigh priuses for the V8 tundra to not matter in their CAFE rating .

I was hoping the truckers would go on strike in California is when they outlawed older rigs .

A couple weeks of no groceries no gas no mail no packages no cargo of any kind , and the retards that run California would change their mind .

How do ?

They don’t offer the V8 in the tundra anymore

I figured they would’ve the last V8 left since they sell enoigh priuses for the V8 tundra to not matter in their CAFE rating .

I was hoping the truckers would go on strike in California is when they outlawed older rigs .

A couple weeks of no groceries no gas no mail no packages no cargo of any kind , and the retards that run California would change their mind .
Trucker strikes only happen in the movies and Canaduh, but they fucked up, you don't blockade you just fucking park them until they say uncle.

I know it's easy for me to say but that's what has to happen.

It would be nice if RAM could come up with a 5.7 V8 that makes more that 13 MPG in city driving EMPTY. 10 towing a 6x8 trailer on the highway. 4.7 was even worse

Love the way it pulls and handles but hate filling it up.

Bring on some innovation!
I'll be so happy if I can get to 13mpg empty :smokin:

Actual carbon cleaning on direct injection is walnut blasting and has no emissions.

OK, so the carbon is temporarily stored on the valves and the intake ports. Cleaning it off puts it somewhere else…

Sounds like being towed out of the environment.

OK, so the carbon is temporarily stored on the valves and the intake ports. Cleaning it off puts it somewhere else…

DI motors carbon is not temporarily stored on the valves, it will literally build up til it breaks off and hangs a valve open or affects intake flow that bad. So if I blast the carbon off with walnut shells, vacuum it out and reassemble with no caustic cleaners and with out it being burnt how is it still affecting the emissions in a negative way? Literally the only thing not biodegradable is the carbon dust that comes off and it's such a small amount it's laughable compared to say the dust from your brake pads.

And yeah I know there's chemical cleaners. They generally suck and emissions wise you're now burning the cleaner and whatever oil and carbon might actually come off. People that think these fix problems also think strippers like them. I've pulled enough engines apart that had been serviced with these and are still full of trash, the only thing they reliably clean out is wallets.

DI motors carbon is not temporarily stored on the valves, it will literally build up til it breaks off and hangs a valve open or affects intake flow that bad. So if I blast the carbon off with walnut shells, vacuum it out and reassemble with no caustic cleaners and with out it being burnt how is it still affecting the emissions in a negative way? Literally the only thing not biodegradable is the carbon dust that comes off and it's such a small amount it's laughable compared to say the dust from your brake pads.

And yeah I know there's chemical cleaners. They generally suck and emissions wise you're now burning the cleaner and whatever oil and carbon might actually come off. People that think these fix problems also think strippers like them. I've pulled enough engines apart that had been serviced with these and are still full of trash, the only thing they reliably clean out is wallets.
Carbon dust isn't biodegradable?

It's not the count of cylinders that is the problem. It's the motherfuckers making stupid decisions instead of putting money into R&D...
If fucking Lexus/Toyota can make a V8 that gets 21-23 mpg ....

There is no technological reason to "quit V8". It's like introducing speed limits for ALL Autobahns over here. It will kill the "German Autobahn car" thing for good.

Killing the V8 will kill American cars popularity worldwide. It's the most retarded fucking idea EVER.

It's not the V8 going away that bothers me. It's the killing off of low strung, high displacement, NA, gas engines. If I wanted to deal with some strung out engine I would drive a sports car.

It's not the V8 going away that bothers me. It's the killing off of low strung, high displacement, NA, gas engines. If I wanted to deal with some strung out engine I would drive a sports car.
7.3 and 6.8 and 5.0s from ford, 6.6, 6.2 and 5.3s from Chevy. and 354 and 392 from rams, i think we are all right.

It's not the count of cylinders that is the problem. It's the motherfuckers making stupid decisions instead of putting money into R&D...
If fucking Lexus/Toyota can make a V8 that gets 21-23 mpg ....

There is no technological reason to "quit V8". It's like introducing speed limits for ALL Autobahns over here. It will kill the "German Autobahn car" thing for good.

Killing the V8 will kill American cars popularity worldwide. It's the most retarded fucking idea EVER.

So why aren't you sll onboard with it? You seem to prefer the big government approach to everything else?

I've been driving a hemi ram for 6-7 years I wont be going back for a twin turbo, same as I wouldn't have bought fords. I like the hemi and the 8sp trans, but the trucks have enough problems. I just dropped 5k on my 17 between the leaky exhaust manifolds and the super awesome EPS electric steering that gives out and nearly makes you die. I tow a good bit so probably just bite the bullet and go diesel.

They care about airborne carbon, as in carbon in its gas form, not carbon in its solid or liquid state.

I've been driving a hemi ram for 6-7 years I wont be going back for a twin turbo, same as I wouldn't have bought fords. I like the hemi and the 8sp trans, but the trucks have enough problems. I just dropped 5k on my 17 between the leaky exhaust manifolds and the super awesome EPS electric steering that gives out and nearly makes you die. I tow a good bit so probably just bite the bullet and go diesel.
I too had the EPS go out on mine. Not under the recall either...:mad3:

The 2500 still has a conventional Power steering. If I had known that I would have held out for one of those.

Top Back Refresh