What's new

Ma’amcharger Ramcharger

Can't wait to see this thing tearing up the trails and road miles (hopefully not the body and glass though) for UA2023!

Nice work so far. I take it your not scared of welding cast.
Knuckles are cast steel... No issues welding the at all. Same with Inner C's etc. I've welding all my Dana centers with 70S6 mig wire too and never cracked nothing. Pre/post heat and slow cool, doesn't take a rocket scientist.

I’d like to hear how the radius arms and mostly stock 05 setup did on UA?
It did what I wanted it to do. Flexy? not near as much as well.... almost anything, but really stable and predictable. My main reason was my wife is gonna drive it down the highway and I wanted really good stability and road manners without sway bar fancyness. It gets on the limit straps and bumps so that's about all I can ask for.

drive it up an rti ramp or something, it's unimpressive, the rear does most of the work, but out on the trail the front does more work.

Drives and rides really great, had a couple beers left in the cooler at the end of the week and they were barely scratched. That's my highly scientific ride quality measurement tool.

I’d like to hear how the radius arms and mostly stock 05 setup did on UA?
It did all hold up fine though, slightly bent one of the arms smashing it on a rock, but just about everything we have has bent lower links. not bent in a way that I plan on fixing it. they are 2" .250" dom.

imagejpeg_0.jpeg
IMG_1949.jpeg
IMG_1510.jpeg
IMG_1497.jpeg

It did what I wanted it to do. Flexy? not near as much as well.... almost anything, but really stable and predictable. My main reason was my wife is gonna drive it down the highway and I wanted really good stability and road manners without sway bar fancyness. It gets on the limit straps and bumps so that's about all I can ask for.

drive it up an rti ramp or something, it's unimpressive, the rear does most of the work, but out on the trail the front does more work.

Drives and rides really great, had a couple beers left in the cooler at the end of the week and they were barely scratched. That's my highly scientific ride quality measurement tool.
Look forward to the event videos. Sounds like for a full bodied rig it flexes enough to not hold you back meaningfully? I’m thinking about using one in a full bodied rig and I don’t think I see a need to go through the extra work and expense to do anything other than use radius arms. If it was a buggy or something hardcore, I can see reason to grind it all down and truss it and build something from scratch. Did you replace the axle side bushings or run the original stock ones?

I saw one of the WFO guys comment on going from the WFO radius arm setup to the WFO 3 link setup and he said it didn’t make a difference, other than it not feeling as good on road. This was for a full bodied rig.

Your steering and track bar setup held up? Anything you’d change on that? I liked some of the stuff you came up with. I assume you boxed in the steering arms from what you’re pictures show during mock-up.

Stock used bushings on the axle end. For a rig that can do it all, I am pretty happy with the radius arm setup. the factory mounts that hang down below the axle smashed on some rocks, but weren't as big a problem as I anticipated.

Somewhat to my surprise the track bar adapter thing I built for the axle side did great, about halfway through the trip I put a wrench on it and it was still torqued, didn't move etc.

I did box both sides of the steering arms, all of that stuff held up fine.

What gears in the axles, and what are you using to pour in the fuel? Thing looks awesome, diggin the 435 and the fact that your wife likes the manuals (mine does too) 👍🏻

I’ve got a 73 w100 with manual and Dana 60s that I need to finish
Travis..

What gears in the axles, and what are you using to pour in the fuel? Thing looks awesome, diggin the 435 and the fact that your wife likes the manuals (mine does too) 👍🏻

I’ve got a 73 w100 with manual and Dana 60s that I need to finish
Travis..
4.56 works good with the t case setup and no overdrive on a 40" tire. it has a quadrajet on it! haha, which works pretty darn good so far.

what brand of 6" JK coils are you running and how do you like them with the weight of a full size on them ?

what brand of 6" JK coils are you running and how do you like them with the weight of a full size on them ?
I actually changed the front springs to an early bronco spring of mystery lift height. the jk springs were a bit soft.

Yeah, quadrajets work pretty good. How is the gear and tire combo out on the open road? Enough power, good cruise rpm, good on the interstate, thoughts?

What brand and color is that purple paint for the stripes? Is it flat or satin?

Fully dig this thing, I like that you’re kickin it old school with the 435
Travis..

Yeah, quadrajets work pretty good. How is the gear and tire combo out on the open road? Enough power, good cruise rpm, good on the interstate, thoughts?

What brand and color is that purple paint for the stripes? Is it flat or satin?

Fully dig this thing, I like that you’re kickin it old school with the 435
Travis..
Gearing is about perfect for this combo, on level ground you can still take off in 2nd.... Thats the way I normally drive a 435/465..... and on the highway the rpm is decent and will pull hills no problem. For something without overdrive, it is pretty ideal if you have the low range gearing option to support it.

The purple is some left over basecoat I had, a factory jeep jk color, just used the base without clear. Wife didnt want shiny paint.

Top Back Refresh