What's new

M18 Battery Deals

ChiScouter

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I just had 2 batteries fail seemingly out of the blue. Last week they worked fine this week they will not take a charge from 3 different chargers. One is 2 amp the other 5. I did a quick search and it seems like prices have shot up a lot in the last year or so and they seemingly have batteries almost in one amp increments. Id like to find a deal on a couple of 5 amp or something close. Any deals out there?

Im looking for a charger. For some reason my batteries are outlasting the chargers, I am using my 3rd charger right now. First the m12 charger quit, so i got a combo m18/m12. That thing stopped lighting up when you put a battery in. Got another combo charger and it just started to not charge on the m18 side

Thinking back to the thread about unplugging chargers due to house fires :eek:

Im looking for a charger. For some reason my batteries are outlasting the chargers, I am using my 3rd charger right now. First the m12 charger quit, so i got a combo m18/m12. That thing stopped lighting up when you put a battery in. Got another combo charger and it just started to not charge on the m18 side

Thinking back to the thread about unplugging chargers due to house fires :eek:

Send one of the broken ones in. I think they have a 5 year warranty. If not how much are you looking to spend? I have a bunch.

check the voltage of the batteries with a multimeter. If it is too low, the chargers won't charge them.

If its low, hook the battery up to a "dumb" automotive 12V battery charger for a few minutes until the voltage is up to about 12 then immediately put it on the tool charger. It should start charging.

I had some brand new batteries not charge and doing this got them going and they have been fine since. Also, we found some old batteries in a tool bag on the shelf that wouldn't charge and this worked as well.

Has anyone rebuilt a pack? I have a 9.0ah that is complete garbage. I wonder if swapping in some different cells is feasible.

check the voltage of the batteries with a multimeter. If it is too low, the chargers won't charge them.

If its low, hook the battery up to a "dumb" automotive 12V battery charger for a few minutes until the voltage is up to about 12 then immediately put it on the tool charger. It should start charging.

I had some brand new batteries not charge and doing this got them going and they have been fine since. Also, we found some old batteries in a tool bag on the shelf that wouldn't charge and this worked as well.

There are 5 contacts on top of the battery. What contacts did you use? I do have a + and - on the battery and tried the outside contacts with no success. I tried the outer contacts and got a 1 second reading and then voltage went back to zero. This on a good fully charged battery.

There are 5 contacts on top of the battery. What contacts did you use? I do have a + and - on the battery and tried the outside contacts with no success. I tried the outer contacts and got a 1 second reading and then voltage went back to zero. This on a good fully charged battery.

You can't use an electronic charger.

Y'all bought into the M18 hype and now they've got you stuck with hundreds of dollars of tools as the price of batteries goes up. Normally this doesn't work because competition pops up to make knockoffs.

The real kicker is that this time around Milwaukee gambled that by building expensive premium tools they made sure all their customers were the well moneyed types who only buy OEM shit (whereas Makita, DeWalt or Harbor Freight customers are much more likely to jam a $30 knockoff battery into their tool). By ensuring that most of the people that bought their tools were the "hurr durr, muh premium shit" crowd who don't buy knockoffs they reduced the market available to counterfeiters making it less valuable to knock off an M18 battery resulting in less people doing it, lower quality knockoffs and higher prices.

They made a bet and they won. I'd buy a beer for whatever MBA came up with that. You people got played like a fiddle. :lmao:

Y'all bought into the M18 hype and now they've got you stuck with hundreds of dollars of tools as the price of batteries goes up. Normally this doesn't work because competition pops up to make knockoffs.

The real kicker is that this time around Milwaukee gambled that by building expensive premium tools they made sure all their customers were the well moneyed types who only buy OEM shit (whereas Makita, DeWalt or Harbor Freight customers are much more likely to jam a $30 knockoff battery into their tool). By ensuring that most of the people that bought their tools were the "hurr durr, muh premium shit" crowd who don't buy knockoffs they reduced the market available to counterfeiters making it less valuable to knock off an M18 battery resulting in less people doing it, lower quality knockoffs and higher prices.

They made a bet and they won. I'd buy a beer for whatever MBA came up with that. You people got played like a fiddle. :lmao:

Not buying knockoff batteries has nothing to do with them being knockoffs it has everything to do with them being shit quality. I didn't buy them before when I had all dewalt why would I now? and who the Fuck is buying knockoff batteries for Harbor freight tools? The batteries they come with are already knockoffs.

Your the king of saying something stupid when you should stfu. Still driving around in a truck with skid steer tires on it lol?

Not buying knockoff batteries has nothing to do with them being knockoffs it has everything to do with them being shit quality. I didn't buy them before when I had all dewalt why would I now?

Yeah they're lower quality, yeah they don't last as long but they work just fine. You gotta swap them more often but you have more of them because they're cheaper.

and who the Fuck is buying knockoff batteries for Harbor freight tools? The batteries they come with are already knockoffs.

Isn't that one of the perks? Go on eBay, sort by price low>high and the thing at the top is still just as good as the real thing. :laughing:

Your the king of saying something stupid when you should stfu. Still driving around in a truck with skid steer tires on it lol?

As much as I shit on Total Newb and PAE for being Chevy numbskulls I'm actually looking forward to when your old ass croaks.

Yeah they're lower quality, yeah they don't last as long but they work just fine. You gotta swap them more often but you have more of them because they're cheaper.

What good is that then? so Instead of buying a quality $70 battery, you think we should buy 2 $30 shit batteries?

and who the Fuck is buying knockoff batteries for Harbor freight tools? The batteries they come with are already knockoffs.

I actually bought the Bauer brand Harbor Freight batteries to rebuild my older Porter Cable 18v batteries. Opened them up and they had the same Samsungs at a slightly higher Ah rating than what were in the Porter Cables.

Dumb post is dumb. You can buy knock off m18 batteries and they are crap. BTDT.

I've got a pair of 2.0AH m18 packs at work that are 7 years old and still seem to work like they did day one.

I've had good luck with my M18 batteries, but the M12 stuff has been a real let-down. I love the tools & they're my go-to for most projects, but the batteries are inconsistent in taking a charge. I had an OEM M12, <2yrs old, refuse to take a charge yesterday when it still read 2 bars on the tool, on 2 different chargers. I bet if I go drop it on today it charges, it's got no pattern. I've had just as good luck with the knockoff pair of batteries I picked up cheap than I have the OEM ones in terms of charging reliability. Love the tools, but there's something wonky with the charging/safety in the Milwaukee line.

Never once have any of my Ryobi or Dewalt stuff in the past done a charge failure type thing like the red ones keep doing. More reason for me to push my buddy to Ryobi, bang for the buck and regular deals on batteries.

I've had good luck with my M18 batteries, but the M12 stuff has been a real let-down. I love the tools & they're my go-to for most projects, but the batteries are inconsistent in taking a charge. I had an OEM M12, <2yrs old, refuse to take a charge yesterday when it still read 2 bars on the tool, on 2 different chargers. I bet if I go drop it on today it charges, it's got no pattern. I've had just as good luck with the knockoff pair of batteries I picked up cheap than I have the OEM ones in terms of charging reliability. Love the tools, but there's something wonky with the charging/safety in the Milwaukee line.

Never once have any of my Ryobi or Dewalt stuff in the past done a charge failure type thing like the red ones keep doing. More reason for me to push my buddy to Ryobi, bang for the buck and regular deals on batteries.

That's odd. I have not had 1 problem with my milwaukee batteries.

A coworker bought 2 new sets of dewalt and within a month, none of the batteries would take a charge. Not sure if it was the batteries nor the chargers.

Home Depot currently has 2 pack of 6 amp batteries for 180 bucks Best deal I have found in a very long time. Not sure if I should get 2 or 4 batteries Also has the best deal I could currently find on the M18 searchlight at 80 bucks

Sombody here has Milwaukee M18 tool envy. :laughing:

:lmao:

He's a troll, his name is very fitting. Every single time he posts, it's shitting on whatever the thread is about and isn't even good at it. :laughing:​​​​​​

I had a decent variety of m18 and m12 stuff before the fire, about $4k worth iirc making the list for insurance :rolleyes:

I went m18 again, I'm not going to argue that there is a drastic difference in quality between any of the other colors, but I like that they have a huge selection of impacts from 1/4" to even 1" now and they seem to be putting more into developing new products.

I've also actually had great results from their warranty system, even after I told the guy I bought the drill for $30 at a yard sale, and broke it using it to start a pressure washer :laughing:

As far as battery's, I've only had one fail and it was one of the original thin batteries before the 1.0, 2.0 ect. I had gotten plenty of use out of it before it failed.

He's a troll, his name is very fitting. Every single time he posts, it's shitting on whatever the thread is about and isn't even good at it. :laughing:​​​​​​

I had a decent variety of m18 and m12 stuff before the fire, about $4k worth iirc making the list for insurance :rolleyes:

I went m18 again, I'm not going to argue that there is a drastic difference in quality between any of the other colors, but I like that they have a huge selection of impacts from 1/4" to even 1" now and they seem to be putting more into developing new products.

I've also actually had great results from their warranty system, even after I told the guy I bought the drill for $30 at a yard sale, and broke it using it to start a pressure washer :laughing:

As far as battery's, I've only had one fail and it was one of the original thin batteries before the 1.0, 2.0 ect. I had gotten plenty of use out of it before it failed.

You're just salty that I pointed out there's a correlation between having Toyota in one's user name, being from California and being an asshole. :flipoff2:

And the the record I have two Milwaukee tools and they work great. I'm even thinking of picking up the vacuum for dry chips and slag duty.

I'm a dick, big difference

Assholes shit on everything (sound familiar?)

Dicks just want to fuck everything :flipoff2:

Haven't you seen team America?

Top Back Refresh