What's new

ANGELOS airboats

They say "there's two types of airboaters. Who's who have sank and those who will sink"

Last edited:
We officially joined the club today
PXL_20230415_175353011.jpg

I was able to get a picture right before I through my phone down. But I'm sure there's pictures all over Facebook

Minutes before.
PXL_20230415_174848619.jpg

Earlier in the day. I'm going to bolt some Plexi glass to the rake to keep the water out.
PXL_20230415_154404128.jpg
There was a rodeo and some drag racing. There was a couple 1500hp boats racing

PXL_20230415_154358061.MP.jpg

Have you got anything of the recovery?
No. I took that picture then handed my phone off and got in the water.
When we went down that hill, we took water over the bow. But what did me in is I had a extra person sitting in the back the side the engine rolls. That dipped the corner under and I wasn't able to power through. I made it probably 100ft aimed for the bank and it went down right when I hit the bank. I shut it down before it went under.

Picture probably 20 guys pulling on it with a line and come along to a tree to pull it out of the water. Another 20 standing around watching and drinking a beer then another 20 getting Snapchat videos.

How'd you do that? Water over the transom while trying to climb the bank?

When we went down that hill, we took water over the bow. But what did me in is I had a extra person sitting in the back the side the engine rolls. That dipped the corner under and I wasn't able to power through. I made it probably 100ft aimed for the bank and it went down right when I hit the bank. I shut it down before it went under.

How'd you do that? Water over the transom while trying to climb the bank?

I should have went straight across into the weeds It was only a few foot deep. But I was thinking the shore is shallow. But now I know, the banks have a vertical 10' drop off

Heres one of the race boats that was out there. Pretty sure it has dual counter rotating props.

Screenshot_20230416-100329.png

Screenshot_20230416-100556.png

Here we are. And for reference, the top of the cage is probably around 8' tall

Last edited:
Here's heading back to the ramp. I had someone watching the racor bowl, and draining it when there was water.
I think I have all the water out now. I put some fuel stabilizer in. Just drained the oil and sprayed the electronics with corrosion spray

Last edited:
Beentto busy. My friend got the work pontoon welded, but we ran out of time to do the welding on the airboat. We were going to take it out bow fishing, but there was rain. I think I'll need a alternator and starter. It didn't want to start a week ago. I took apart and cleaned up the solenoid and it fired right up though.

No. Because of the length the coast guard doesn't require bouyancy in the hulls. The sides and bottom aren't even foam core. It's just layered glass. Weight is a issue and space. That's why they don't float. But there'stwo types of air boaters. those who have sunk and those who will

Edit. Deckovers are harder to sink since they are full of air, and when water goes over the bow like it did for me, it just goes right off the back. But those generally have tall solid grass rakes and can flip over backwards. You also have to strap everything on the boat down.

Got the console moved up so I can actually see the gauges and reach the switches. and welded on the handle.
Swapped out my rule 1100 gph for a 2000.
If weather cooperates taking my dad out tomorrow.
PXL_20230616_200931471.MP.jpg

Borrowed this bender while we were up there. Making a grab handle for the driver, then I want to move the console up higher. Right now I can't see half the gauges and I have to lean over to hit the switches.
PXL_20230417_234724631.jpg
Mount your vise properly, before you wish you would have mounted it properly! I'm instinctively curling my toes back just looking at that.

That boat looks fuckin scary!

Mount your vise properly, before you wish you would have mounted it properly! I'm instinctively curling my toes back just looking at that.

That boat looks fuckin scary!
What, You don't trust harbor freight clamps? It can't get my toes I was using like a 5' cheater pipe:flipoff2:.
It's definitely on my list, I just don't know where on the table I want it yet.

We took it out for fathers day, ran great. We got rained on then it cleared up.
Towards the end of the day it didn't want to start, then I realized the mag I was trying to start with was dead. Ran fine on the 2nd mag. I took it apart, and the points snapped in half. The date on them is 2005, so going to replace both points and condensers

Top Back Refresh