What's new

Lube for AC o rings, new system

blthomas

Rusty junk hunter
Member Number
Loc
Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns
Putting new components on wife's TJ AC. All new o rings, but no lube. Quick search has a multitude of answers on irate and the google.

1st instinct is to finger bang them with a dab of clean motor oil I have laying around.

But being new system, maybe I should try harder.

What's good that I can snag off the shelf on a weekend.

Thanks

I used the fluorescent a/c oil for lube helps find leaks down the road

You don’t need to use much

How did this go? I am in the middle of this now for a 2006. New compressor, lines, condenser coil and accumulator. Evap was done a few years ago.

I just assembled it all today actually, I just rubbed pag oil on all pre installed o rings liberally, and soaked the loose ones for a few minutes in oil I poured in the cap.

I am waiting until next weekend to pull a vacuum on it. My whole system is new, every piece. Hoping its a trouble free vacuum and fill.

But I also need to finish up some bits, and fire it.
Jeeps been off the road seven years. :homer:

Did you change the condenser and compressor? I bought the complete set up from rock auto and it came with an orifice. From what I read it’s in the line and needs to be cut out to install.

I did, all parts are new. I did the evaporator when I did the heater core, did the condenser when I did the rad, then did all new lines, drier/accumulator, and compressor this weekend.

My stuff came from jeep air, the orifice is in the line but can be pulled out with long needle nose pliers. My orifice was pre installed.

I bought new lines so I will have to check

Top Back Refresh