What's new

LttlBddy in ICU

Kurtuleas

CAL4
Member Number
Loc
Disco Bay, CA
Not sure if everyone saw Charlene's Bower's Facebook post, but LttlBddy on PBB, AKA Steve Gardiner is in critical condition and in the ICU.

He was not only a staple on Pirate when Pirate was still around, he is a MAJOR reason as to why we still have access to Johnson Valley and the Hammers. I worked with him closely with that for years when we all going through that mess.

Out of his own pocket, he printed ALL the DEIS comments that PBB members submitted to save JV (there were THOUSANDS of them) and delivered them not only to the Marines, but he printed a second set that were posted at SEMA. He also printed out in color 10 massive banners of the JV virtual rally thread from Pirate to put on display... and that is just a small part of what he has done.

Please keep in in your prayers. He is a great man.

That's sh1tty news. I met Steve during the heydays of Moabzu in 2000 or 2001. He did a lot for the Isuzu community back in the day.

He is in the thoughts and prayers of the entire Mason family tonight.

Charlene Bower
is with
Steven Gardiner
and
Lori Lopez
1h ·
After talking with
Steven Gardiner
sister, I am sad to share with our offroad community that Steve is in Critical Condition in ICU. On Tuesday he called 911 for himself and went into cardiac arrest. They resuscitated him 4 times before they were able to stabilize him and are now continuing to watch his vitals ~ with many other complications involved.
Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do physically at this point. We need to send great thoughts and thankfulness to a man that always gave his best to all of us...and always wore a smile. Lets send a lot of prayers!!! ♡♡♡♡
I have asked Deb to inform me of any changes and I will update this post accordingly. ♡♡♡♡

:( :eek:

Yep, Steve is a great dude. Met him way way back. Whatever's going on, I'm praying for the best outcome for lttlbddy.

edit; I see it's a very critical cardiac issue. Glad he is still with us.

Last edited:
Have not seen Steve since last time at KOH a few years ago...but know he would treat me the same today. What a standup guy and would do anything for anyone. Positive thoughts sent to him, his family and friends.

He gave me a ride back from KOH back in 2009. We stopped for a community pancake breakfast at the little town just outside of the hammers. It was obvious he works hard to keep wheeling areas open. All the way down to connecting with the people that live at these locations. Great guy.

I have him in my prayers.

I recall him from the 4x4 Isuzu forum . . . Hang in there and recover soon.

For anyone familiar with KOH and the other site when it was cool he was responsible for making our handle ID badges which brought a lot of us closer at the campfire. You would see one of his badges and instantly know it was someone you shared the board with.

No Facebook...any updates?

Yeah. Not good. :( :(

Copied and pasted from his FB

Hello everybody, yesterday I talked with 3 of Steve's doctors including the neurologist who has been evaluating Steve's brain activity. As you know, he had several cardiac arrests and subsequent resuscitations, during which time his brain was deprived of oxygen. To sum up the long conversations with the Drs, as well as Steve's nurses whom I've been talking with several times daily, the chances of Steve continuing to have a meaningful life are not good.

I want to assure you all that any decisions we have to make on Steve's behalf, in the absence of legal medical directives, will be based on reports from his medical team at the hospital, conversations with some of Steve's friends whom I have been in contact with, one of my own friends who was an ICU nurse for many years, as well as our family members.

I will continue to talk with Steve's nurses over the weekend and again with the neurologist on Monday and, unless there are any changes before then, I'll connect with you again at the beginning of the week. And I am so so sorry that I don't have positive news for you about his condition.

Please continue to send my brother your love, prayers, positive vibes, and healing energy 🙏🏼❤️

Yeah. Not good. :( :(

Copied and pasted from his FB

Hello everybody, yesterday I talked with 3 of Steve's doctors including the neurologist who has been evaluating Steve's brain activity. As you know, he had several cardiac arrests and subsequent resuscitations, during which time his brain was deprived of oxygen. To sum up the long conversations with the Drs, as well as Steve's nurses whom I've been talking with several times daily, the chances of Steve continuing to have a meaningful life are not good.

I want to assure you all that any decisions we have to make on Steve's behalf, in the absence of legal medical directives, will be based on reports from his medical team at the hospital, conversations with some of Steve's friends whom I have been in contact with, one of my own friends who was an ICU nurse for many years, as well as our family members.

I will continue to talk with Steve's nurses over the weekend and again with the neurologist on Monday and, unless there are any changes before then, I'll connect with you again at the beginning of the week. And I am so so sorry that I don't have positive news for you about his condition.

Please continue to send my brother your love, prayers, positive vibes, and healing energy 🙏🏼❤️

Damn doesn't sound good. Prayers sent.

Top Back Refresh