What's new

Low budget, low skill zj build.

Incase anyone was needing a quick release fire extinguisher bracket, DO NOT buy this P.O.S. from offroad anonymous. The fit up on it is shit. The tabs on the 2 vertical plates do not fit in the slots on the flat mounting plate. The holes for the bolt and removable pin are too small, and the tabs / slots for the part that straps to the extinguisher don't fit either. I had to grind the tabs down at the radius and drill the holes out to 13/32 instead of the 11/32 they were. This company obviously has a cnc so why am I having to fix their shit with my caveman tools?
20240418_205049.jpg
20240418_205040.jpg
Snapchat-772684924.jpg

Related question:

Where is the safe place to mount this? I see a lot of them by the drivers legs. I hope to not use it but want to be able to get to it if needed.

I just have a fire extinguisher laying under my seat next to my legs. I’ve heard/read/been told they can actually become useless because the retardant inside gets packed tight if it’s on its side or maybe in n off road vehicle so take it out and move it around occasionally, or before a trip.

I finally got the jeep done and loaded. I'm not going to make it in time to pre run, so I guess I'm flying blind during qualifying. I didn't find anything wrong with the front end so we're just gonna send it. I did replace the transfer case due to that range selector or whatever it's called. Fire extinguisher is mounted by the passenger knee. And the chase light is all wired up. It shines through the rear glass pretty good so I hope they let me leave the glass on. If not, 2 screws and were good.
20240426_121117.jpg

Snapchat-1527701542.jpg
20240422_195828.jpg
20240422_195713.jpg

lower control arm bracket was replaced as well. And a good ol rustoleum restoration on the front axle and suspension. So it's pretty much brand new.

Well, I got 3rd out of 8.
Snapchat-1914655726.jpg

I don't think anything is broken. But the worn out control arm bushings are far worse off now than they were. The new transfer case and transmission worked flawlessly. I need gears in a big way. I don't usually have much free time or money so I have to be strategic on what I upgrade.

Top Back Refresh