What's new

Longest lasting tire for my wife's rav-4 ​​​​​​​

2big bronco

Og irate
Member Number
Loc
Prunedale ca
17" rim in any style really. Its awd, we live in ca, it may or may not see snow in its lifetime, and she plans on driving it till it's not worth fixing.

With all that said what tire will last the most miles?

The one with the most tread depth? :flipoff2:

BFGs have always seemed to last forever for me.

The mennonites around here use steel. I mean, if 'longest lasting' is your only criteria. You could probably run ribs instead of cleats for a decent ride.

Last time I tried that I ended up with some expensive ass michelins on my truck that only lasted 30k. Looking for real world experiences

Michelin’s fucking suck. Look at Pirelli tires. I put some Pirelli P3 on my wife’s car that lasted 6.5 years and they did great when it was raining heavy.

Milestar Patagonia M/Ts, all the youtubers sponsored by them say they last 100,000 miles, and all the ultra 4 guys sponsored by them say you can run KOH and they will still have the knobies on them at the end of the race.

Win win for a a rav 4!!

Just have her go to America's tire and get whatever they recommend with their warranty. That or Costco so she can get them rotated while she shops. For the cheap price of car tires are you really going to remember if they last 70k or 80k miles?

Put some BFG all terrains seriously on a Light weight vehicle they actually live longer than on a truck. If you can find them in size.

I got a 112k, they were bald, out of a set of Yokohama Geolander AT/S on my 1/2 ton Silverado and I use the fuck out of it. Loaded beds, towing etc.

I went with their G015 tire this time for better snow traction and honestly am going back to the regular AT/S. They did fine in the snow and wore like iron for me.

If Firestone Transforce HT comes in the right size, I'd say that. I could run a set on a heavily laden Sprinter van for over 100,000 before swapping out. Hard-ass compound, but minimal off-road traction. I'd imagine in a light Rav4, they could go upwards of 150k?

If Firestone Transforce HT comes in the right size, I'd say that. I could run a set on a heavily laden Sprinter van for over 100,000 before swapping out. Hard-ass compound, but minimal off-road traction. I'd imagine in a light Rav4, they could go upwards of 150k?

Was just about to suggest this. I've had good experience with the HT as well. That said, I think pretty much any E-rated truck tire is gonna last a hell of a long time on a Rav4.

I put Kumho Kruger’s on the wife’s Rav4. Asked me in a few years but I hear they last and are generally a good tire.

Just have her go to America's tire and get whatever they recommend with their warranty. That or Costco so she can get them rotated while she shops. For the cheap price of car tires are you really going to remember if they last 70k or 80k miles?

No but the car has 40,000 now and they are bald and I'm hoping to not repeat that.
I'm really not sure why I hate buying tires so much. i guess its because it's not an issue until one day you randomly look at them and go "oh shit, looks like i needed tires a month ago".

Milestar Patagonia M/Ts, all the youtubers sponsored by them say they last 100,000 miles, and all the ultra 4 guys sponsored by them say you can run KOH and they will still have the knobies on them at the end of the race.

Win win for a a rav 4!!

Cracks me up seeing them on wheelers in the southeast. They don't hook for shit. Literally the modern thornbird.

I just thought about this: How many miles does she drive in a year? Multiply that by 6 and that's the only distance her tread needs to last, because the tire is shit anyway at that point. My Sprinter example was on a commercial fleet, and the vans would go 100,000 miles in 18-20 months. If she's only driving 15,000 miles per year, she only needs a tire that can go 90,000 miles.

I gotta call bullshit on this. Come on now...

Legit. No joke. I drive between 40-60K a year. I called Discount to get prices because I was not happy with how long they lasted, new tires in 2.5 years. Dude asked me the mileage on my rig. I told him and he called bull shit. I went out and checked my paperwork in the glovebox and sure as shit.

Last time I tried that I ended up with some expensive ass michelins on my truck that only lasted 30k. Looking for real world experiences

My old man got 120k miles on a set of michelin LTX 10-plys on his gmt400 burb 2500. Almost entirely highway miles and he is OCD about alignment and making sharp turns.

I just thought about this: How many miles does she drive in a year? Multiply that by 6 and that's the only distance her tread needs to last, because the tire is shit anyway at that point. My Sprinter example was on a commercial fleet, and the vans would go 100,000 miles in 18-20 months. If she's only driving 15,000 miles per year, she only needs a tire that can go 90,000 miles.

40k per year so if they last 6x that I would be happy, haha.

I put these on my wife's volvo.
https://www.falkentire.com/tires/lig...ex-ct60/s-tire
10K miles later they still look new.
it's probably a fuck ton heavier and more powerful than a rav4, and my wife thinks it's a racecar.
big fan of the falken lately.
price/performance is all out of whack, very high value.

edit:
and i get hating spending money on tires, but they are literally the one thing of your car that touches the road.

My old man got 120k miles on a set of michelin LTX 10-plys on his gmt400 burb 2500. Almost entirely highway miles and he is OCD about alignment and making sharp turns.

I got 33k out of mine on my superduty but all the miles were between ovloaded and extremely overloaded. Never once rotated as the all wore evenly and at the same pace. Pissed off I bought some treadwrights at half price and they are now bald af at 15k.

No but the car has 40,000 now and they are bald and I'm hoping to not repeat that.
I'm really not sure why I hate buying tires so much. i guess its because it's not an issue until one day you randomly look at them and go "oh shit, looks like i needed tires a month ago".

They put garbage tires on new vehicles.

On a light little car, even an a/T should be able to get 60k without trying.

The one thing that annoys me, is mild tread a/t's that get loud with wear. This happened with my toyo at2's on my 97 F350 and is starting to happen with the Americans tire pathfinder at's on the wife's F150. They started making noise after the first rotation :confused:

40k per year so if they last 6x that I would be happy, haha.

Thats a shit load of driving. Get her something that can be easily warrantied on the road on a Sunday afternoon. Discount Tire or Costco. I had some 90k mile Continentals on my old daily beater. Put about 40k miles on them when I sold it and they were wearing evenly and still quiet.

Michelin Defender by a country mile...had them on a Rav4 we owned, so did parents...they just last, quiet, comfortable, no issues whatsoever. They have something like a 90k mile warranty.

Your wives can get 90k+ miles one a tire without killing it via a road hazard. You guys are doing good.

Me I’m about to start getting some vinyl stickers made of all the shit she’s hit and sticking it in the back window.
Turkeys, Deer, raccoon, partridge, bear, porcupine. To her benefit she has a 45 mile trip to work of back country roads that are barley wide enough to make 2 full lanes.

Top Back Refresh