What's new

Locker for 14b recommendations

4Eyedturd

Member Number
Loc
Waco, TX
The g80 is fucked in my daily and I’d like to think atleast a good locker will suffice since it’s 2wd for the shit I put it thru. Any recommendations or any to stay away from? Fuck it and run a spool?

You cant put a deteoit in a g80 carrier so unless you got a open carrier handy its not an option.

So cheap as possible or full bore arb.

IF OX LOcker would finally release their 14 bolt unit after teasing us for years I'd say that.

Otherwise, ARB.

what's your commute like?

Depending on that I would probably just weld it

I have a welded g80 in my wheeler, also have an open carrier in case I didn't like it but it'll stay welded welded

theyre still in business? :laughing:

I actually think their product is pretty sweet for anything but a pure crawler. You can activate the diff with cable, air or electric. If whatever you pick fails, you can pull the actuator and install a lock out pill.

They also don't have the terrible 1/4 turn to lock that the Eaton e locker has. Which unlocks and relocks each time you change from forward to reverse and visa versa. :homer:

what's your commute like?

Depending on that I would probably just weld it

Silly question but what would that matter? It’s a beater truck that I do everything with, I’m kinda tempted to weld it but on the other board someone broke axles while towing with a welded diff. I may start saving for a decent locker.

Weld it as it’s a G80. If found that it’s not ideal, find an open carrier and swap that out with a locker installed?

Silly question but what would that matter? It’s a beater truck that I do everything with, I’m kinda tempted to weld it but on the other board someone broke axles while towing with a welded diff. I may start saving for a decent locker.

Stupid question on my part, when you said it was a daily I was curious if it was gonna be a pain for stuff like parking garages etc. I ran welded diff on my Tacoma weekend warrior beater all over town when I had a commute into the tech center and had no complaints about rocking the welded diff.

If you're towing with it maybe a Detroit TruTrac would give you better traction without beating up the axles as bad as a typical Detroit or welded diff.

Top Back Refresh