What's new

Lincoln tig

Agreed.

I bet there is money to be made if you can figure out an adapter for a Miller pedal
Miller pedals suck too albeit a lot less

These are the best I've tried. Run them on everything. 0 failures

Miller pedals suck too albeit a lot less

These are the best I've tried. Run them on everything. 0 failures

I don't like the feel of the SSC, although they are good units. I'm used to the Miller ones. Love the heel stop.

The pedal it comes with is absolute junk though so factor a ssc or something in.
What do you find bad about the everlast pedal? I have the MTS 225 and havent had any issues? But this is my first TIG so no experience with other machines/pedals.

I don't like the feel of the SSC, although they are good units. I'm used to the Miller ones. Love the heel stop.
I like heel stops too. You can get them on the ssc.

Don't like the feel of the Miller's myself. I like that all my machines have the same pedal. Makes it easier to switch between them.
20230324_120511.jpg

What do you find bad about the everlast pedal? I have the MTS 225 and havent had any issues? But this is my first TIG so no experience with other machines/pedals.
The control sucked to me. Cheap. Crappy potentiometer that developed dead spots.

I think this may be the ticket...
Screenshot_20230324-102947_Chrome.jpg

There is a plasma table locally that includes a cutter so I wont need the multiprocess machine. I'd rather have a higher spec tig that I dont have to swap around to make cuts.

Still a 5 year warranty but, it should be capable of everything I want plus more.

I think this may be the ticket...
Screenshot_20230324-102947_Chrome.jpg

There is a plasma table locally that includes a cutter so I wont need the multiprocess machine. I'd rather have a higher spec tig that I dont have to swap around to make cuts.

Still a 5 year warranty but, it should be capable of everything I want plus more.
I would go with more machine and add the cooler later.

The EXT machines are nice. Like as nice as all the high end expensive machines.

I would go with more machine and add the cooler later.

The EXT machines are nice. Like as nice as all the high end expensive machines.

Shiiiittt....you trying to spend ALL my money west?

I honestly cant see what I would need a bigger machine for. 100% duty cycle at 200 amps or less, 60% at 250. Up to 1/2 single pass. I'd rather throw extra money at torch heads, a nice pedal and bigger argon/c25 bottles. I probably wont be tig'ing on anything over 3/8" very often and I do like the old school knobs over the digi boxes.

The cooler would be nice for long days behind the torch, I just threw it in the cart so I could figure a price. It comes with a water cooled torch but, I'll buy an air cooled too if I get the machine. The cooler can come later if I'm happy with the tig.

The EXT's are nice but, I'm not convinced I need it. I saw the 315lx as well. It's a good production model but again, probably too much for my uses. If I like their stuff, I'd invest more into a mig from them. One that could compare to the 252. That's what I would spend most of my time doing anyway.

Top Back Refresh