What's new

Lincoln tig

PurfsMcGurfs

Handy capable
Member Number
Loc
Southern Oregon
Surfing local ads I found a lightly used lincoln 200 square wave with a shit ton of accessories, rod and, 2 argon tanks for a really decent price. I plan to use it mostly for 1/4" and under mild steel and some aluminum. (Bumpers, exhaust, intake, dash stuff)

Any reason to avoid the 200?

I'm not a pro but, I have a decent amount of pedal time. I would like a machine that doesnt require a bunch of setup time so the 200 is appealing for my use.

Surfing local ads I found a lightly used lincoln 200 square wave with a shit ton of accessories, rod and, 2 argon tanks for a really decent price. I plan to use it mostly for 1/4" and under mild steel and some aluminum. (Bumpers, exhaust, intake, dash stuff)

Any reason to avoid the 200?

I'm not a pro but, I have a decent amount of pedal time. I would like a machine that doesnt require a bunch of setup time so the 200 is appealing for my use.
They had issues with the boards. I'd avoid.

What's a decent price?

1700 obo

I dug deeper, seems like people either have solid luck with them or the board problems you mentioned. I initially looked at reviews and most people were saying the machine works great but, they probably hadn't had much time on it.

Last edited:
Also with those, the post glow timer is set at 15 seconds if I remember correctly. Big waste of gas unless you get a torch with a valve

I found a precision 225 for 2k ready to weld. I might check that out this weekend.
They're okay but a syncrowave 250 is better and cheaper. I'd low ball him on the 225
If size is not an issue, there is no better deal out there than syncrowave 250's. Look at ebay.
This. They're excellent industrial quality machines and can be had for like $550

Any of the syncrowaves are good. Never had any real problems with any of mine. Can usually find them with low hours and not beat to crap too.

dunno if thats a decent price or not

It's on the very high end. For the right machine that isn't best to shit I'd pay it though. Probably would have it for life if it's in good shape.

I would like a smaller machine since I dont really have a dedicated welding area in the shop but, I can surely make a sw 250 fit. That would be a tits setup. I would imagine shipping being a killer if I bought from ebay.

The medford one isnt too far. I would offer a bit less, since I'm pretty sure I've seen that ad a few times. There is another one closer to me but the dude wants 5900 for it with a tank... that's ridiculous.

For that matter, the cheap china Tigs actually work well. They not hard to produce these days if you
I would like a smaller machine since I dont really have a dedicated welding area in the shop but, I can surely make a sw 250 fit. That would be a tits setup. I would imagine shipping being a killer if I bought from ebay.

The medford one isnt too far. I would offer a bit less, since I'm pretty sure I've seen that ad a few times. There is another one closer to me but the dude wants 5900 for it with a tank... that's ridiculous.
All that stuff is local pickup, so you'll be road tripping.

On a second note, if you're just a hobbyist, just get any ACDC china tig. The technology isn't that expensive anymore and they can be had for nothing. They are more reliable than I'd like to admit as well.

I scrolled through the tig thread here before I made the post. I was surprised that people were endorsing the china tigs. My old boss had a china plasma that worked pretty good so I cant imagine they havent reverse engineered decent tigs by now. I'm not neccesarily opposed to going east with a machine since I have the HF Vulcan 215 and its ok. I would immediately go to a miller 252 if/when I find a deal. I loved that mig at my old job.

The hour drive south to medford is no big deal. That's closer then I have traveled for other buys.

My wife wants a CNC plasma table already so it will not be hard to justify putting up the cash for a good miller or lincoln. I do plan to expand my setup into a good size side hustle eventually.

I was originally thinking a large industrial machine would be overkill which sent me looking for hobbyist/small shop machines to start and then expand. You guys are kind of convincing me to follow the "buy once, cry once" principle. :flipoff2:

I doubt I'll need more then a 250's capability so I'll plan on checking out that 250 in methford and go from there. I have yet to see/hear a bad review on the Syncro's. I learned on an older SW 400 myself.

I purchased an Everlast 205si AC/DC tig / plasma multiprocess machine. It is my first tig machine. I absolutely love all the settings on it. I wish the pedal was wireless but..oh well.
All it did was work (very well) for 5 years and 3 months. 3 months out of warranty. BIG POP = no worky. I was plasma cutting a painted workpiece. I am wondering if there was a ground issue.
It is in Tennessee getting repaired now.
VERY HAPPY with the machine overall. I think the new machines may have a 10 year warranty. If they do I would buy again without hesitation.

I have a square wave 355
I have ran the piss out of it for years

and I worked at a facility where I ran one 8 hr+ a day

never a problem, not the 200 I know, but red or blue, wouldn't hesitate if it fits the mission

Everlast machines are great. My 325ext(Bought during covid when Dynasty blew a board and they where backordered :shaking:) Is like 90% the machine that my Dynasty is for less than 1/3 the cost. They all come from or use China parts now anyway.

The Jatus Chinese machines are nice. Very good quality. Razorweld/ckworldwide machines are Jatus.

I want an Everlast. I remember when they first started. They grew on the PBB over the yrs. They have come a long fucking way. I'd put their current day engineers up there with any.

God damn yous!

I just sat down and took a look at the everlast stuff and the multi process 256si seems like a legit competitor for what I want. The plasma is a bonus. I'll do some more comparing but, for 1700 that's a nice machine.

1700 will get you a brand new linclon 200 tig right now,2300 on cyberweld,600$rebate from linclon,mine just showed up last night.

1700 will get you a brand new linclon 200 tig right now,2300 on cyberweld,600$rebate from linclon,mine just showed up last night.
That place used to be worlds cheaper than the rest. Bought my first mig from them. Miller Dvi2. Basically a dual transformer 212. I think they made my model like one year lol.

I want an Everlast. I remember when they first started. They grew on the PBB over the yrs. They have come a long fucking way. I'd put their current day engineers up there with any.
The best trophy trucks in the world are getting built with Everlast welders, if that tells you anything.

The best trophy trucks in the world are getting built with Everlast welders, if that tells you anything.
Were you around when they first became a vendor on the BB? Their first models looked like tin cans with leads, lol. They have legit built a tip top company.

That place used to be worlds cheaper than the rest. Bought my first mig from them. Miller Dvi2. Basically a dual transformer 212. I think they made my model like one year lol.
Interesting. Don't think I've ever seen one.

Does it just have the 7 taps like the 212? Always disliked the 212 because I think most of the tap settings are just weird imo compared to something like a 200.

My Everlast 325ext has had less problems than my Dynasty 400

I wanted to hate it but it's really good. The pedal it comes with is absolute junk though so factor a ssc or something in.

Interesting. Don't think I've ever seen one.

Does it just have the 7 taps like the 212? Always disliked the 212 because I think most of the tap settings are just weird imo compared to something like a 200.
I've never seen another one. Yeah its pretty well the same, you can just swap plugs to 110 and run .023 a bit better than 220. I'm so used to it now, I'm not sure in comparison settings wise. It's no 252, BUT, it is in the storage building since its heavy, and my shop is the basement, and I pretty well tig everything if I'm inside. Safety and stuff.

I

I wanted to hate it but it's really good. The pedal it comes with is absolute junk though so factor a ssc or something in.
Did you like the torch? I can't remember what they come with. I replace everything with ck 17 or 9 on about every unit. I don't like bulky ones.

Agreed.

I bet there is money to be made if you can figure out an adapter for a Miller pedal

Top Back Refresh