What's new

Leveling a single axle TT.

B-rock

Member Number
Loc
warshington
Im looking for alternative ways to level. Being a single axle trailer I cant "wedge" the wheels together like I did on my old double axle TT to prevent movement after leveling.

I have used the drive up ramp with the small triangle wedge you put in behind it, That works ok but I dont get a lot of height out of it. And it i get too much height then im still at a change of rolling off of it.

My idea is to get 2 drop leg adjustable trailer jacks. Weld on the frame, each side of the trailer in front or behind the tires. Then jack up whatever side of the trailer is low. It would also prevent the trailer from moving/rolling away. (still chock the other tire also)

How bad of an idea is this? Level the trailer and keep it from moving at the same time. Power by armstrong, Or electric

trailer Jack

subi camper.jpg

Weld on a 2" receiver hitch and mount 1 jack to a tube - can swap sides and remove it for travel that way. I'd also go behind as well as you'll get better stability with the tongue jack.

Im thinking the same, using this. 3500 lb. Pipe-Weld Drop Leg Trailer Jack

as long as it dont wobble too much, The plus side is id only have to buy one jack and i can remove and store it inside. either way it would allow an easy way to change a tire if needed as a side benefit.

Tripod with two screw jacks behind the tires, then the tongue jack. If you need more support up front, then you can also put screw jacks at the front corners.

Im looking for alternative ways to level. Being a single axle trailer I cant "wedge" the wheels together like I did on my old double axle TT to prevent movement after leveling.

I have used the drive up ramp with the small triangle wedge you put in behind it, That works ok but I dont get a lot of height out of it. And it i get too much height then im still at a change of rolling off of it.

My idea is to get 2 drop leg adjustable trailer jacks. Weld on the frame, each side of the trailer in front or behind the tires. Then jack up whatever side of the trailer is low. It would also prevent the trailer from moving/rolling away. (still chock the other tire also)

How bad of an idea is this? Level the trailer and keep it from moving at the same time. Power by armstrong, Or electric

trailer Jack

subi camper.jpg

welding a pipe mount on each side at the rear corner would stabilize it and you could move it to whichever side was low. Or put a jack on each rear corner so you can get it fully off the tires and should help with rock while walking around inside the trailer.

Welp after thinking of all the different ways. I decided to weld a jack to each side. As opposed to using one jack and swapping sides with it. I didn’t like how far out the jack would sit and it could possibly wobble. Or not depending how I set it up but I just wanted to get it done and not overthink EVERY damn thing I do. Pic of where I stoped last night. I had to move the electrical plug on the driver side. That’s the hole you see behind the jack. I’ll be trying it out this weekend. I also welded a piece of 10” long x2” angle to the frame of the trailer to help out the thin wall tube.

Attachments

• 70961372788__56D09104-3B73-4E2B-91F4-4FE8373773A4.jpeg
    70961372788__56D09104-3B73-4E2B-91F4-4FE8373773A4.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6234.jpeg
    IMG_6234.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
I like using the BAL tire leveler. Made side to side level msuper easy. I still had corner supports but stabilize it a little but found I didn't need them a few times.

I like using the BAL tire leveler. Made side to side level msuper easy. I still had corner supports but stabilize it a little but found I didn't need them a few times.

I was damn close to buying that, but after a lot of thought it just takes up too much space, and I didn't want to store it being muddy and dirty after a wet weekend. im not totally sure about the jack shaft threads not galling after too many uses in the dirt/sand.

Top Back Refresh