What's new

Lets Argue About 22LR Pistols

The scorpion 3 is more czech mp5 than the original 32 dissident removal tool.

Would be neet to have a new generation of vz61 in 9mm that was more full sized pistol than smg sized. Probably not a huge market though.
Gots a sol, have you compared the evo3 plus to the standard Evo 3? I have a 3, bit with quite a few aftermarket parts on it and am considering jumping to the plus.

22 pistols and rifles are tons of fun mainly because you aren't worried about burning through As much money in ammo, and negligible recoil. Chasing a can with a 22 wherever it lands with shots till it goes out of sight is one of the best simple fun shooting games you can play.

Gots a sol, have you compared the evo3 plus to the standard Evo 3? I have a 3, bit with quite a few aftermarket parts on it and am considering jumping to the plus.
I have no experience with the older models other than holding one briefly years ago and immediately hating the grip on it :laughing:

has curved mag = mp5. straight mag = ump

There are now lots of aftermarket grips for the evos, I'm running magpull currently and like them.

There are now lots of aftermarket grips for the evos, I'm running magpull currently and like them.
There are straight mp5 mags

Roller delay and made of metal - mp5

Plastic bouncy piece of direct blowback shit - ump

And anyone who thinks a scorpion compares to an mp5 hasn't shot both.

bananatec.jpeg

486, you keep one In Your pocket to show off the goods?:flipoff2:
Kf4zht never did I say it was roller delayed, just that it is the czech equivalent of the mp5. Weather you like it or not it is. The form factor and controls mimic the mp5 to a t.
I am certainly not the first person to make the comparison.

While not a real mp5, GSG vs Scorpion is pretty close in form factor. Plus I can buy like 5 scorpions for what an MP5/SP5 costs :laughing:

And the gsg is 22 to be sorta on topic :flipoff2:

PXL_20240406_154239160.jpg

PXL_20240406_154320383.jpg

PXL_20240406_154344453.jpg

Last edited:
How do you like the gsg? Is it the same as the new h&k branded ones?

Mine is a pre-lawsuit aka 1st gen. The second gen are the GSG-522 and apparently are identical minus some cosmetic changes.

The GSG is probably the most shot gun I own because people recognize it. Errr merr gerrrd MP5 wowzers!!!! My UZI is number 2 for the same reason.

Kf4zht never did I say it was roller delayed, just that it is the czech equivalent of the mp5. Weather you like it or not it is. The form factor and controls mimic the mp5 to a t.
I am certainly not the first person to make the comparison.
he was right though, the UMP is the 'cheap bastard special' plastic blowback revision of the mp5

ETA: not saying the mp5 is nice
it's kinda shit from an armchair engineer perspective
for the same reasons that the cetme derivatives in rifle calibers are shit
you should build a few from kits, but only as curiosities, not as anything useful

I can't communicate how much of a piece of shit that gun is but I love it because FUCK YOU! :smokin:

I've got a P22 "carbon fiber" model - supposed to be a limited edition (only 1500 produced/imported).
I've only put about 200 rounds through it and have had no issues at all - works flawlessly.......so far.
P1010010.JPG

Wife's tacky, pink Sig Mosquito.:shaking::lmao:
It works ok but has FTE issues sometimes.
F202028.jpg

Wife's Colt Frontier Scout that her dad bought brand new in 1964 - don't know if it has ever been fired. :smokin:
161534F.jpg

Reactions: RMO
Top Back Refresh