What's new

Lathe specs help

Rent a trailer and drag it on with pipes? I don’t think it’s gonna bring much but it’s probably a nice machine.
The rental place has a telehandler for $320 for 2 hours, it is blocks away. Then I could also reach to back of container and get his mill out so easily loaded.

Definitely bring that bad boy home. That's a much newer leblond than my dual drive, with double the hp. My lathe can really eat steel, can't imagine what that can do.

Just hire someone to move the whole container to your house? Or use lilyotas trailer?
Container too much for my tastes, I have a bigger mill than that Bridgeport, I don’t have enough amps to run that 30 horse phase converter and the 7.5 horse lathe motor. After arriving there and grasping the situation, I just want to help her move this out of her life and get the stress away from a terribly stressful spot. This is absolutely the machine for me at wherever my next spot is but I don’t know if that is 2 or 20 years. With our humidity, in five years of not being looked at this thing could be a giant pile of rust, even if I give it a big spray down of oil when I drag it home.

Container too much for my tastes, I have a bigger mill than that Bridgeport, I don’t have enough amps to run that 30 horse phase converter and the 7.5 horse lathe motor. After arriving there and grasping the situation, I just want to help her move this out of her life and get the stress away from a terribly stressful spot. This is absolutely the machine for me at wherever my next spot is but I don’t know if that is 2 or 20 years. With our humidity, in five years of not being looked at this thing could be a giant pile of rust, even if I give it a big spray down of oil when I drag it home.
The lathe will run fine on a 15 hp rpc for a home user. Ran my 7.5 hp leblond off a 15 hp American rotary with no issues.

Yep. I have a 15 (with buck transformer on one leg to get to 200v) on my Amada brake. I could maybe sell this rpc for some amount and buy another American rotary for ~ $2k. More than I want to spend on a lathe. Early in XRNut’s thread his guess was $1500 before broken motor mount. Said I would take it. I didn’t see the edit and took off (a couple months later without looking back at the thread) with $2k in my pocket. Post edit (xrnut got more info) the price was $3-3.5k ish. Plus roughly 1500 for rpc after sale of 30hp one, not there right now. It’s worth every penny or more, doesn’t fit my shop/power supply/financial situation right now.

Shit, guys. Back in the first thread, I was trying like hell to go get that lathe and help out with the rest. My wife is blocks away from there several days per week and I can get up there just as often.

I thought xr-nut had posted that it has a 24" swing.

Shit, guys. Back in the first thread, I was trying like hell to go get that lathe and help out with the rest. My wife is blocks away from there several days per week and I can get up there just as often.

I thought xr-nut had posted that it has a 24" swing.
Roughly 23" over ways. I'm getting a good listing description written with all tooling etc and sending to her tomorrow.

First draft:

LeBlond Regal Lathe 21" swing 54" between centers

Possibly model F21
3 and 4 jaw chucks
2 1/8" through hole
Newall DP900 DRO
3 steady rests up to 12" capacity
Tail stock with drill chuck and live center
Aloris quick change tool holders
4) CA1 holders with insert tools
3) CA2 holders with tools
2) CA41 holders with boring bars
30HP Siemens Rotary Phase converter (you only need a 15 hp RPC to run this lathe, power to spare for other 3 phase tools with this unit)
Motor for this lathe is 7 hp 240/480. Was wired 240 with RPC hooked up before move from CA. During the move something fell on the motor and broke the cast mount. It is easily fixable as the pivot rod holders on the lathe are still intact as well as the tensioner mount. The cast piece that bolts to the motor is broken and can be fabbed.
The lid to the gearcase has a cracked spot as well from whatever fell on it. Easily patched as it just keeps junk out of the gearcase/keeps oil clean
This is a nice piece, it is HEAVY. A telehandler can be rented from the rental place a few blocks away and roaded over for $320 for 2 hours.
It is roughly 55" tall, 45 plus wide, and over 100" long.

Top Back Refresh