What's new

Lasik Eye Surgery

I did regular Lasik 14 years ago. Glasses since 3rd grade.
I did the procedure in the morning and took a nap. Like most have said its about as annoying as flash burn. The Dr said no TV that day. I got up again after midnight and said "its tomorrow so now I can watch TV". I had a follow up appt that next day, and drove myself home 250 miles.
Definitely the best $3000 I have ever spent on myself.
My wife was looking into the mono-vision and tried one contact near and one far but didn't like it. So she still wears glasses.

Well... Just got it done today. (bilateral lasik with monovision)

Pretty fucking wild experience. Procedure was painless and quick. No issues yet. Vision is foggy, eyes itch as warned. I noticed results immediately though. Close vision is awesome (left eye) Far vision is a bit blurry because the close eyesight is superimposed over the far eyesight.. Hoping that goes away. I'll update as it heals. So far I think I made the right decision on bilateral lasik with monovision. Crossing fingers:grinpimp:.

Did you get all 4 eyes done for both your accounts?? :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Be interested in hearing the results of the mono procedure. If and when I get it again, i may go that route now that my baseball days are behind me and the depth perception is not as important.

Did you get all 4 eyes done for both your accounts?? :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Be interested in hearing the results of the mono procedure. If and when I get it again, i may go that route now that my baseball days are behind me and the depth perception is not as important.

Bossbuilt has 20/20. :flipoff2: Fucking hate him. We argue about it all the time. :laughing: My depth perception already sucked. I was a certified crane operator and it always made me nervous. I moved slow and cautious. I'm not seeing a big issue with that yet.
My biggest noticeable improvement is the close vision. Things are clearer than they have been in a long time.

Good on OP for getting it done.

I did the mono version about five years ago with no side effects. My brain compensated almost immediately. I have no depth perception issues.

I will note that I only had to have one eye hit because my close distance in my right eye was perfect.

The smell during the procedure was disconcerting:eek: The bug eye vision while it was happening was kind of cool:lmao:

The smell during the procedure was disconcerting:eek: The bug eye vision while it was happening was kind of cool:lmao:

I had regular LASIK done in 2004 and I can still remember that smell. It stays with you.

The smell during the procedure was disconcerting:eek: The bug eye vision while it was happening was kind of cool

I had regular LASIK done in 2004 and I can still remember that smell. It stays with you.

lol, the smell didn't bother me at all but they were quick to tell me it was going to happen and not to freak out. :laughing: I've been working with metal for so long that the smell doesn't bother me I guess.

Today I'm noticing things are much crisper (in well lite areas). Things are blending nicely, Still feels like dirt is in my eye but that will go away. The eye drops help a lot. I can definitely see the close eye haze (blur) in my left peripheral. Nice to see words in focus again without readers. I tried my safety glass readers (I use when metal working) and they seem to correct vision evenly which I thought was weird. Dr says it will take a couple weeks before I see my final results and maybe longer to get use to them.

Well, I'm off to my post op, then to work. I'll let you know how the day goes.

lol, the smell didn't bother me at all but they were quick to tell me it was going to happen and not to freak out. :laughing: I've been working with metal for so long that the smell doesn't bother me I guess.

Today I'm noticing things are much crisper (in well lite areas). Things are blending nicely, Still feels like dirt is in my eye but that will go away. The eye drops help a lot. I can definitely see the close eye haze (blur) in my left peripheral. Nice to see words in focus again without readers. I tried my safety glass readers (I use when metal working) and they seem to correct vision evenly which I thought was weird. Dr says it will take a couple weeks before I see my final results and maybe longer to get use to them.

Well, I'm off to my post op, then to work. I'll let you know how the day goes.

Costco usually has a big box of the single use eye drops. I carried a pocket full for about 6 months after Lasik. Bonus is if they have been on your pocket they are fairly warm. Cold eye drops suck.

Costco usually has a big box of the single use eye drops. I carried a pocket full for about 6 months after Lasik. Bonus is if they have been on your pocket they are fairly warm. Cold eye drops suck.

My experience was different:
I was done with drops within a month and the cold eye drops were nice ;) I think I still have half of a "small" box left:lmao: Granted, one eye.

Can't speak to the specific procedure, but had PRK done in 2012 and it's been awesome. Went from blind as a bat to more or less 20/20 and it's been stable at least this long. Only downside is cronic mild dry eyes, but easy to correct with eyedrops.

I think depth perception wouldn't be a big issue with the bi lateral thing. You really only use both eyes for fairly close perception, and at longer distances it's more based on shadows, comparative size, etc. Probably be a bit of an adjustment period, but I wouldn't expect any major impact.

Well my drive this morning showed my right eye not to be so sharp. Ioving the close eye( left ) got to the post op appt. And confirmed the right eye is shit.

Doc says the far vision treatment isn't going to show improvement until the swelling goes down:confused:.

I asked well then, why is the close vision eye dialed in? Shouldn't it be swollen too? He said the astigmatism in the right eye required lazer treatment on two opposite sides. The left eye required an even treatment across the whole eye. The uneven swelling is causing some distortion. ....oh how fun. Lol

Top Back Refresh