What's new

KoH 2021 Chit Chat

All? You positive? Because I stood 5 feet from the rig and there was no turbo :homer:​​​​​​

Jason's tire was freaking wedged in there!

You're talking about Prickle? Every 4 cylinder unlimited car I have seen was running a turbo. Even rock "crawlers" need some horsepower now and then.

You're talking about Prickle? Every 4 cylinder unlimited car I have seen was running a turbo. Even rock "crawlers" need some horsepower now and then.

I don't know honestly, I thought prickle was still front engine with a V6?

This was a 1.6 zuk motor.
​​​​​​
Yes, i get that. But just saying, "they all run turbos" is a little broad.

The smaller centers for trail use just seems too small. That cause everyone is running them. Trail wheeling portal are amazing. Comp stuff I'm not sold. But..

The portal is nearly a 2:1 reduction at the wheel. As far as the ring and pinion is concerned, it is turning a ~21" tire rather than a 42" tire.

I don't know honestly, I thought prickle was still front engine with a V6?

This was a 1.6 zuk motor.
​​​​​​
Yes, i get that. But just saying, "they all run turbos" is a little broad.

You’re talking about his “rental” rig. It was Zuk engine, trans and case, with his portals. It was an old badlands or spidertrax rig, iirc.

Autocorrect error

You sure? I mean I know the portals effectively cut the strain on the r&p in half, but Sami stuff is small. Unless they're using the tracker/Sidekick/vitara rear diff. Which are actually a 9" r&p and come stock with 4.56/4.88/5.12s so that might make sense.

The Chevy 3.9 is now a very popular motor that a lot of the crawlers are now being built with.

Is that a V6? I thought the little 1.4 ecotec was the one to have.

You’re talking about his “rental” rig. It was Zuk engine, trans and case, with his portals. It was an old badlands or spidertrax rig, iirc.

Sounds right. It didn't look "old" but I don't know.

Looked very similar to "tigger" that I found on Google, but thats a brand new rig. Can't find any info on it though, stupid social media.

Bouncers are so ghey.

"Look at me! I have zero talent but I try to compensate with open headers and my blippy throttle foot. I can't pick a line to save my ass so I'll just stand on the throttle whenever I get stuck! "

:rainbow:

Exactly! I would much rather watch "boring" rock crawling.

Top Back Refresh